Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Your plans for the Xmas holidays
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: November 18, 2008 22:39

What are your plans for the Xmas holidays. Family, seeing anyone special. I'm gonna be a bit quiet but will see Joni Mitchell and possibly have her over on Christmas Day for dinner. Won't that be great.

Re: Your plans for the Xmas holidays
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 18, 2008 22:43

tell her to play River for us! ;^) what a wonderful song it is.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: November 18, 2008 22:44

lucky you, tippy2toes!

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 19, 2008 01:55

I have just moved to Jakarta and have been living overseas for the past 13 years. I have not gone home for Christmas for 13 years, I just can't face cold weather and snow. But am biting the bullet and going home to Michigan to be with family for 10 days then fly back to asia and hitting Phuket Thailand for a week on the beach to thaw out and recover from jet lag. Merry Christmas!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 19, 2008 01:59

Phil and Friends with Ratdog in San Francisco on New years Eve is on the menu. Have attended numerous Grateful Dead New Years shows since the 70's so why stop now. Always a killer time!

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: November 19, 2008 02:46

My family all lives in central Illinois (I'm in San Antonio, Texas) so we're spending Christmas up there.

I'm praying for a non-white Christmas. My husband, the native south Texan? Just the opposite - praying for a white Christmas, since he's never had one, not even in the years he was in the Marine Corps!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 19, 2008 03:03

It's not even Thanksgiving yet and your talking about Xmas?....At this rate someone will start a merry xamas thread by the end of the week...If not a happy new year thread...

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 19, 2008 03:03

whitem8
Phuket

How do you pronounce that?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 19, 2008 03:06

sweetcharmedlife
It's not even Thanksgiving yet and your talking about Xmas?....At this rate someone will start a merry xamas thread by the end of the week...If not a happy new year thread...

one time I started one On Halloween. I got confused.

Date: November 19, 2008 03:06

sweetcharmedlife
It's not even Thanksgiving yet and your talking about Xmas?

Most people on this board don't have Turkey Day.
When I was in London at the end of August '03, Harrod's already had the Christmas decorations up. eye popping smiley

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 19, 2008 03:22

Edith Grove
whitem8
Phuket

Poo-ket, one of the spots that got hit VERY HARD by the Tsunami a few years ago (Dec 26th). A beautiful beach, Tons of beautiful Thai girls running around everywhere smiling smiley , Great food and beer, great restaurants and bars, SUPER CHEAP..... possible to hang out here for a long time..... Financial crisis? WHAT FINANCIAL CRISIS? - it'll do things like THAT to your head/memory.....

Date: November 19, 2008 03:26

What am I gonna do for Xmas? Paint all the windows, doors, and walls black and sit in the corner wet, naked, and shaking with one lite candle and crucifix's hanging everywhere for protection as I sip on some warm snake blood mixed with red wine - WHAT A BUZZ !!!!

Date: November 19, 2008 03:26

Edith Grove
whitem8
Phuket

Poo-Ket

Date: November 19, 2008 03:28

HelterSkelter
What am I gonna do for Xmas? Paint all the windows, doors, and walls black and sit in the corner wet, naked, and shaking with one lite candle and crucifix's hanging everywhere for protection as I sip on some warm snake blood mixed with red wine - WHAT A BUZZ !!!!

Dude you should just go to Phuket! Does the soul good:-)

Yeah great place. Some great beaches too. Get on a motor bike and ride around the island and stop at nice pristine beaches. Lots of great food too! Love Thailand! Great culture and great people. And as you said. CHEAP!

Date: November 19, 2008 03:30

Thank you, gentlemen. I just knew I was mispronouncing that.

Date: November 19, 2008 03:40

FOR SURE whitem8, Thailand and Bali (and greater Indonesia to a slightly lesser degree) are the best. Have an ex-LA friend building a place in that artistic area of Bali (central part of Island). Suppose to be finished/ready for New Years this year (I don't think it's gonna happen. As you know, things MOVE SLOW in Indonesia) - but BALI just kicks ass!!! My friend made a good move I think, sends shots of his place - work in progress - all the time. Costs peanuts compared to say,building in Hawaii or something.... and Bali is MUCH BETTER !!) I should go to Phuket, I need to start traveling again.... Clear out the head, cleanse the soul.... Gotta start planning..

Date: November 19, 2008 03:56

Yeah Bali is great. You are probably talking about Ubud, which is in the hills and the art area of the island. But for beaches Bali is hugely overrated. Phuket is better.
Indonesia is great too, a lot to explore. I just moved here in July so have not see much outside of Jakarta. I went to the Gili islands which are off the coast of Lombok, which is off the coast of Bali. A group of three small islands, that are mostly scrub, but incredible diving and snorkling. In December before I fly to the US I am going to Yokjakarta and Bor Bradur, which is one of the largest teamples in the world. It is a lot like Angor Watt in Cambodia.
What does your friend do in Bali??? I work as a counselor at the Jakarta International School...and was in Singapore for nine years before I moved here...needed a change from steril Singabore.

Yeah, traveling is great to get a new and fresh perspective on life. And it helps you realize to not let life pass you buy, but to get out and experience it. Having said that, I typically go home after work and chill! But I travel every holiday I get, and have been to and seen some incredible places. I love Asia...

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 19, 2008 08:48

tippy2toes
What are your plans for the Xmas holidays. Family, seeing anyone special. I'm gonna be a bit quiet but will see Joni Mitchell and possibly have her over on Christmas Day for dinner. Won't that be great.

please wish Joni, a happy and peaceful 2009, from little old me.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 19, 2008 09:53

Christmas???? I traded Amsterdam for Sydney and instead of "feeling" christmas coming because it's getting colder and darker it's getting hotter so christmas will be a very strange experience for me this year.
I'll think I'll look for a good BBQ on the beach :-) Anyone having one here?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: November 19, 2008 10:23

Christmas?

Who's planned what they're doing at Easter? Got your Easter Egg hunt sorted out yet?

Date: November 19, 2008 11:02

anyone planned their summer holidays, yet?

Date: November 19, 2008 11:07

Actually yes! I plan my summers based on my job holidays, and go home to the US every summer for 6 weeks. But have not planned the nitty gritty details. Will probably do a few side trips in the US from Detroit. Visit a buddy in Colorado and perhaps Ohio....

Date: November 19, 2008 11:22

i'll be listening to this gem

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 19, 2008 11:32

tippy2toes

Blimey, mind if I join you? I'll bring the mince pies and some fine cognac.

Date: November 19, 2008 13:12

Hopefully, we're moving back into a rebuilt appartment to celebrate X-mas. If it's not finished, there will be more hell at my mother-in-law's place sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-19 13:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 19, 2008 14:09

I hope everyone will be in church on Christmas Eve.

Date: November 19, 2008 14:21

Father Ted
I hope everyone will be in church on Christmas Eve.

Only if Father Jack's going to be there.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 19, 2008 14:58

Sleeping until it's over.

Date: November 19, 2008 16:26

me too, mate.

Pagan festival, hijacked by the church.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: November 19, 2008 16:35

With family in Colorado.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home