Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

steve jordan is amazing!
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 3, 2010 14:34

recently i listened to alot of winos stuff. especialy life vids on youtube.
i must say that he is probably one of the grooviest drummers i'v ever heard. his way of playing @#$%& rocks. it's so vital and fresh and unique and he hits the snare like no one else. damned...never realised how good he really is...
any other jordan lovers?
would love to get more infos about him. are there any interviews where he talks about keith and the winos?

thanks alot

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-04 14:57 by bv.

Re: steve jordan is @#$%& amazing!
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2010 14:38

"he hits the snare like no one else"

maybe TOO hard : listen to the DW tracks where he plays, it's a bit tirering after a while imo...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 3, 2010 14:42

Date: April 3, 2010 14:47

I see at times that he actually has many detractors. I love Jordan. I just mentioned him in another thread recently, about how hard he hits that snare.
I remember hearing "Hate it when you leave" the very first time. I was telling a friend of mine about the song before he heard it. The intro has that Motown type snare, and I was wondering "How are they ever going to get a song past that snare?" well, we know how the song turned out...
Jordan is with John Mayer now.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 3, 2010 16:13

Anyone knows in detail on which Dirty Work-tracks Steve Jordan drums?

N

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 3, 2010 16:50

dcba

maybe TOO hard : listen to the DW tracks where he plays, it's a bit tirering after a while imo...

+1thumbs up

Date: April 3, 2010 16:55

has been posted on another thread. check out this:

one amazing groove machine....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 3, 2010 17:17

stoneswashed77
dcba

+1thumbs up

yeah, sure. and it's tiring when keith hits those power chords too hard, too. gentle, boys! we have some sensitive ears here!!!

Date: April 3, 2010 17:25

guitarbastard
has been posted on another thread. check out this:

one amazing groove machine....

jordan and richards, both boring.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 3, 2010 18:43

Goddamn stoneswashed, you think that live version of Will But You Won't is boring Keith and Steve? You have just proven something that is beyond astounding.

Date: April 3, 2010 19:00

skipstone
Goddamn stoneswashed, you think that live version of Will But You Won't is boring Keith and Steve? You have just proven something that is beyond astounding.

don't leave us hangin, skippy - what????

Date: April 3, 2010 19:01

A stick in the mud?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 3, 2010 19:08

Steve Jordan is a great musician, no doubt about that. For me the mix on some of the songs of "Main Offender" pushes the drums too much up front and too loud. I understand that is what Keith and Steve wanted. The winos were a tribe, visually and sonically, with a back to the roots approach to it with haunting backing vovals, recurrent beats and powerful druming. Keith loved that stuff he did that with his musician frieds in Jamaica too. For inspiration he likes to dig back to the roots of rock and roll music.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: April 3, 2010 19:12

To me it is baffling that a Stonesfan can not think the Winos are superb. The Stones spirit is alive there.

Date: April 3, 2010 19:40

i need more than just a good drummer and a good guitarist.

i need a song first. "will but you won´t" is not a song.

this way it is a nicely played nothing full of hackneyed clichés.

Date: April 3, 2010 20:41

Perhaps you are "hackneyed clichés". "Not a song". What a load. If Will But You Won't isn't a song then Gimme Shelter or Start Me Up or Happy or a load of others certainly aren't not songs. At least by your fantastic viewpoint.

Speak oh toothless golden one of such song knowledge and impress upon us drivels that mire up the thouroughfare and preach us your excellent teachings of what a "song" is, Sir Knowit All.

Date: April 3, 2010 20:49

skipstone
Sir Knowit All.

hey! i thought I was Mr. Sir Know it All....or at least Sir Thinks He Knows Most of It....

Posted by: moosman ()
Date: April 3, 2010 21:23

Hey, I’d like to get into this. What ultimately defines The Stones, is that they make music that hits your body hard, but also gives your brain ideas to think about. James Brown created rhythms so complex and infectious, that you don’t care that sometimes, the beat is the whole of his message. Dylan has so much philosophy going on, that it doesn’t bother you when his music goes clunky. But The Stones, at their best, have the mind and body thing covered. And that is where “You Will But You Won’t” fails. It’s not that it’s not a song. It’s just not a great one. I love listening to it, and I can imagine dancing to it. But to claim that it offers what a tune like “Gimme Shelter” does, is a disservice to both songs.

Date: April 3, 2010 21:35

moosman
Hey, I’d like to get into this. What ultimately defines The Stones, is that they make music that hits your body hard, but also gives your brain ideas to think about. James Brown created rhythms so complex and infectious, that you don’t care that sometimes, the beat is the whole of his message. Dylan has so much philosophy going on, that it doesn’t bother you when his music goes clunky. But The Stones, at their best, have the mind and body thing covered. And that is where “You Will But You Won’t” fails. It’s not that it’s not a song. It’s just not a great one. I love listening to it, and I can imagine dancing to it. But to claim that it offers what a tune like “Gimme Shelter” does, is a disservice to both songs.

+100000000000000000thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 4, 2010 01:35

Jordan is such a huge presence on Neil Young's LANDING ON WATER he deserved co-billing. That's a real divisive album among Neil fans but, for the most part, I dug it from day one. Musically very stripped down; lyrically, it's practically Neil's PLASTIC ONO BAND.

Re: steve jordan is amazing!
Date: April 4, 2010 15:34

he, who edited my post???
he's not amazing. he's @#$%& amazing! ;-) LOL

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Date: April 4, 2010 16:11

Yer not the only one who's been edited.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 4, 2010 18:20

On I think the last verse of Locked Away he does a cool, sublime bit with the tom tom...

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: April 4, 2010 22:42

best thread title for a long time, absolutely true, only one groovier drummer a guy called Charlie something smiling smiley

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 5, 2010 02:07

"A stick in the mud?" or "gobshite"?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home