Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who is Doxa?
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 27, 2010 13:32

I have been reading Tell Me for about seven years now and have recently been contributing. Doxa, you seem to have great credibility. When someone needs an opinion about something related to the Stones, you tell them what they should think. Are you a Stones historian? Are you the leader of a fan club? Are you a musician? Are you associated with iorr.org? Are you the oldest living hippie, or the ultimate Stones party experience? Are you the official Stones guru? We do know you do not approve of censorship, and that is cool. You have probably been to many, many Stones concerts. Doxa appears to be a name for a female. Are you a lady?

Everyone seems to want to agree with you on everything.It is almost as if you have set yourself up as the all-knowing guru, or perhaps they are afraid to disagree with you.

Don't you have better things to do than this?

Doxa, end the mystery and tell us who you really are!

Re: Who is Doxa?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 27, 2010 13:47

Doxa is Doxa! thumbs up

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 27, 2010 14:05

Doxa is a really nice fellow IORRian, but there are lots of regular geeks here who contribute as much as he does. No one mentioned, no one forgotten. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 27, 2010 14:10

Doxa is a collective. Promotone B.V. attempts to quell fan unrest by adopting a particular identity and using psychological tactics to influence the direction of fandom. "Doxa" is the name chosen by Promotone B.V. whereas "Gazza" is the identity used by various ABKCO Industries employees. ABKCO, notably, are more argumentative than Promotone B.V.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: March 27, 2010 14:22

Rocky Dijon
Doxa is a collective. Promotone B.V. attempts to quell fan unrest by adopting a particular identity and using psychological tactics to influence the direction of fandom. "Doxa" is the name chosen by Promotone B.V. whereas "Gazza" is the identity used by various ABKCO Industries employees. ABKCO, notably, are more argumentative than Promotone B.V.

How were you able to find out that the name "Gazza" is used by ABKCO employees? Just curious.

Rob

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 27, 2010 14:22

I once had a one-night stand with Doxa. Man, we wore eachother out!

Mathijs

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 27, 2010 14:42

"Mathijs," its posts, and likeness are a registered trademark of Musidor B.V. and may not be reproduced in any form without the written consent thereof.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 27, 2010 15:41

Doxa runs the best social club for Stones fans in mainland Europe. Not only is the conversation always stimulating and at times colourful, but he also has an incredible saloon with a great live music and a cocktail list to die for. Opening times vary but usually you can still get in pretty late.

And in reality, he's one of the best guys on this site. Always got a good opinion which is what it's all about.

Those of you with a sharp eye might recognise some of the IORR regular alumni enjoying Doxa's hospitality below.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-27 17:49 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 27, 2010 15:43

It's Macca hidden behind a mask.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 27, 2010 17:17

Don't fool with Doxa!cool smiley

In my opinion Doxa is one of the most reasonable people here and a very nice guy as well. But don't talk about sports, Finland and dope, because that makes him mad as hell!

He has a somewhat analytical attitude, but nothing wrong with that. It's easy to disagree with him and I never had the feeling that "he tells us what we should think".

Flilflam, Doxa is Greek for opinion. And he certainly has one, at least as for the Stones. "He has a mind of his own and uses it mighty fine", to paraphrase the Stones (from Memory Motel, if I my memory is correct here).

So hip hip hurray for Doxa and Finland!

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 27, 2010 17:29

I want to hear directly from Doxa, himself or herself. Is he afraid to speak out? I always try to tell it like it is, and really do not care what other people think about the Stones. I want to hear from Daxa. Does he have some more words of wisdom for us today?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 27, 2010 17:34

flilflam, personal attacks are not cool, especially upon someone like Doxa who always posts in good faith.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 27, 2010 17:34

i think there's a little doxa in all of us....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 27, 2010 17:42

Doxa is Doxa.

Can't remember if it winking smiley placed a picture on the Place a Picture Of Your Own thread

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2010 17:44

Rocky Dijon

LOL. You noticed, eh?

Date: March 27, 2010 17:45

By the way ....I think for the first time in IORR history I saw a non Stones/guitar related post by our friend Mathijs

Date: March 27, 2010 17:45

one thing about doxa: he's never shy about writing an entire essay to make a point that most people can make in two sentences or less. gotta respect that! i certainly do.

Date: March 27, 2010 17:55

StonesTod
one thing about doxa: he's never shy about writing an entire essay to make a point that most people can make in two sentences or less. gotta respect that! i certainly do.

That's because he gives us all the reasons, whereas most people just utter their opinion without any explanation at all. ("I just LOVE SOL!" Doxa would never do such a thing. He would give us at least 5 reasons why he loves SOL.)

Btw: NICOS, how can I find that 'Place a Picture Of Your Own thread'? I would just LOVE to see al those ugly faceswinking smiley.

Date: March 27, 2010 17:57

kleermaker
StonesTod

That's because he gives us all the reasons, whereas most people just utter their opinion without any explanation at all. ("I just LOVE SOL!" Doxa would never do such a thing. He would give us at least 5 reasons why he loves SOL.)

that's right and i respect that. he can come up with 5, when there's really only one. remarkable.

Date: March 27, 2010 18:09

StonesTod
kleermaker
StonesTod

that's right and i respect that. he can come up with 5, when there's really only one. remarkable.

He can even come up with 5 when there's really nonewinking smiley.

Date: March 27, 2010 18:23

kleermaker
StonesTod

Btw: NICOS, how can I find that 'Place a Picture Of Your Own thread'? I would just LOVE to see al those ugly faceswinking smiley.

The problem with this thread is that I never can't find it back, it's a post from 2/3 years back, the last time I found it a lot of picture links were broken.

I will try to find it for you........never understand why BV closed this thread back then....................

B.t.w. ugly faces you can see my daughter on one of the pics

Posted by: michel ()
Date: March 27, 2010 18:30

Take this opportunity to say, thanks for your nice posts Doxa.
Keep it up!!thumbs up

Date: March 27, 2010 18:50

NICOS
kleermaker
StonesTod

The problem with this thread is that I never can't find it back, it's a post from 2/3 years back, the last time I found it a lot of picture links were broken.

I will try to find it for you........never understand why BV closed this thread back then....................

B.t.w. ugly faces you can see my daughter on one of the pics

Except your daughter of course, NICOS, and possible other pictures of members' kids.

So I can't put my handsome face on it. Sorry for you all, especially now that Mick and Keith aren't that handsome any morewinking smiley.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 27, 2010 18:51

The thread should have an "OT" in its title... winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: March 27, 2010 18:54

Doxa
The thread should have an "OT" in its title... winking smiley

- Doxa

For us it's almost as if you're a member of the band, Doxa, because you're such an expertwinking smiley.

Date: March 27, 2010 18:55

Great comment Doxa........bit short but I will live with itsmiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 27, 2010 18:56

Doxa is one of the best writers on the IORR board

The big question is: who is flilflam???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-27 18:59 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 27, 2010 18:58

Erik_Snow
Doxa is one of the best writers on the IORR board

given the number of hemingways here, that's high praise indeed, erik....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 27, 2010 18:59

Why flilflam and not flimflam?

Date: March 27, 2010 19:00

skipstone
Why flilflam and not flimflam?

for the same reason it's not skinstone....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home