Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Best frontman ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 26, 2010 10:54

[www.independent.co.uk]

What a load of bollards. Liam Gallagher - best frontman ? Liam Gallagher - a**hole of the year and c**t of the month more like.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Best frontman ?
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 26, 2010 11:00

maybe, he does have the personality traits you mention, but he's
also a fantastic frontman.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 26, 2010 11:15

Cant remenber the name of there band..one of them had a pretend John Lennon look..yea.. so what was all that about.What an insult to the great John Lennon..best frontman Mick Jagger always has been ..always will be.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 26, 2010 11:23

Spot on colonial, no one has come close or endured like Jagger has. Certainly not some wanna be who after 5 mins in the business thought THEY were the best thing ever - but was only trying to act like rockstars of the 70s- which didnt cut it in the 90s!Should have payed their dues and earned their stripes before making such claims.( only my oponion of course).

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 11:35

Absolutely, Jagger all the way, he's the original front man...he wrote the book

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 26, 2010 11:35

Best Frontman? Frank Sinatra! smoking smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 26, 2010 11:55

I worry about anyone on this board who thinks Liam Gallagher is a great frontman. I saw Oasis last year with some mates, will never go again.

Date: March 26, 2010 11:57

Kickcr..one of the best frontman to come out of that great country of yours Australia..would have to be Micheal Hutchence of INXS he would have to be right up there..and even then he tried copy Mick Jagger a bit.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:01

Saw Oasis once, very boring, including the so called frontman. I´ve never seen another band so totally in lack of charisma. Freddie Mercury on the other hand I think was up there with the best ones. The contact he has with the crowd on Live Aid is fantastic. I don´t think even Mick Jagger is cabable of that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 12:04 by Svartmer.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:05

colonial,Yeah mate true. JImmy Barnes was a wild one too- cant remember when he supported the stones in europe during a tour, but I think even he took a bow to Keith for living the rock and roll life. Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 12:10 by klrkcr.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:17

Brian Johnson in his heyday.

Date: March 26, 2010 12:20

kirkcr...Jimmy Barnes hes great always over here doing sellout concerts.Love his Scottish accent.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:48

flairville
I worry about anyone on this board who thinks Liam Gallagher is a great frontman. I saw Oasis last year with some mates, will never go again.

<<< will never go again. >>>

Don't think you'll have a choice there old son, they ain't no more. I'm actually going to the Royal Albert Hall tonight to see brother Noel - the second of his two nights for this Teenage Cancer Trust fundraiser thing that Roger Daltrey puts together every year. Seems like he's just doing Oasis stuff, which suits me fine, cos I never managed to see 'em - not for lack of bloody trying I hasten to add. I just could never get tix !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:52

Firstly this was done for Q magazine whose target demographic is 18-30. Secondly it's just another list and is opinion and therefore doesn't matter.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:52

Mick Jagger
Freddie Mercury
Robert Plant

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 19:58 by satisfaction2.

Date: March 26, 2010 12:57

david lee roth

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 26, 2010 13:38

None better than Mick Jagger, for sure!!!

Also better frontmen than fricking Gallagher are/were
Elvis, Steven Tyler, Jim Morrison, Freddy Mercury, Robert Plant, Bono and lots of more or less unknown musicians/singers, incl. myself ;-)

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 13:46

The Independent tries so hard to be contemporary and misses the mark by about 15 years. Liam Gallagher! What a joke!

In my humble opinion, the best frontman is - and always has been - Mick Jagger; closely followed by Iggy Pop. (With an honourable mention to James Brown)

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 26, 2010 13:46

Bruce...Robbie Williams...Mick from 69 to 82...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 26, 2010 14:20

Q's List

1 Liam Gallagher
2 Bono
3 Freddie Mercury
4 Damon Albarn
5 Chris Martin
6 Matt Bellamy
7 Jim Morrison
8 Bob Marley
9 Paul McCartney
10 John Lennon
11 Robbie Williams
12 Debbie Harry
13 Mick Jagger
14 Morrissey
15 John Lydon
16 James Brown
17 Bruce Springsteen
18 Robert Plant
19 Tom Meighan
20 Joe Strummer

I must admit to saying WHO? a few times (and wot, no Who?): about what you'd expect from a voting list of British 18-30s.

Date: March 26, 2010 14:39

what a horrid list. no david lee roth, no peter gabriel, no ozzy but we get some people i've never heard of

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 14:39

I must say there have been some very good frontmen over the years - Steven Tyler, Freddie Mercury, Roger Daltrey, Bruce, Bon Scott, Axl (yes he's explosive, but he was great for the short time that he was controllable, and really personified that whole 80's metal look and 'tude), Ian Astbury, Jim Morrison, Michael Stipe, Robert Plant, and Ozzy to name a few - but they all pale in comparison to the original and classic frontman, Mick Jagger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 19:27 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: March 26, 2010 15:13

There can only be one number one and thats Mick Jagger....and then theres... All the rest.I would go as far as to say when the time comes... there should be a Statue of him and the other Stones.. made of Stone but in the centre of London somewhere.With the words MADE IN ENGLAND carved in it.If hes good enough to be knighted by the Queen ...hes good enough to have a statue.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 26, 2010 15:16

See The TAMI Show: in about 15 minutes James Brown makes a pretty solid case for the title Best Frontman That Ever Lived! It's his way of saying "Second on the bill? OK, follow this!"

Of our beloved veterans, a few come close, but no one matches Iggy Pop. More energy at 62 than most 21-year-olds.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: March 26, 2010 15:20

it's all opinion, and the younger generation's at that.

the fact you STILL have Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger, James Brown, etc is quite warming - in 10 years time will the 'flavour of the year' artists be there? Probably not.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 15:28

chris martin on 5 ???

this guy is disgusting. i like the music but i can´t look at him especially when he tries to dance or distorts his face while singing without having to vomit.

and paul mccartney?

i like him but he never was and is not a frontman.

what a ridiculous list. who comes up with bullshit like this.
it would be normal to have to disagree here and there but this list is complete nonsense.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: March 26, 2010 15:55

Jagger is fabulous... but can't really touch James Brown or, sorry, Michael Jackson (before playback years).

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: March 26, 2010 17:24

Oasis is music for losers and Liam is a moronic lump of filth. Oh, and he didn't last.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 26, 2010 17:52

There's MICK.....and then the rest of the pack!

Date: March 26, 2010 18:55

of course i think Jagger is the greatest but some other of my faves

Paul stanley
Simon Le Bon

some front women

Courtney Love
Joan Jett

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home