Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Stones in Exile" feat. Sheryl Crow, Jack White & Marshall Chess
Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: March 25, 2010 23:57

have a look at the cast:

[www.imdb.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 23:59 by FoolToCry.

Re: "Stones in Exile" feat. Sheryl Crow, Jack White & Marshall Chess
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 26, 2010 00:43

..........Caleb Followill...nice

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 26, 2010 01:20

Very cool to get Jake Weber to talk about what it was like as a kid at Nellecote.

But...
Will i am???
Benicio Del Toro?

Liz Phair....phair enough, I suppose. Loved her first album, saw her perform the entirety of Exile in Guyville last spring in Boston. But never bought into the Exile in Guyville/Main Street thing.

CAST

Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts
Bill Wyman
Mick Taylor

rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Marshall Chess
Sheryl Crow
Benicio Del Toro
Caleb Followill
Andy Johns
Anita Pallenberg
Liz Phair
The Rolling Stones
Martin Scorsese
Dominique Tarle
Don Was
Jake Weber
Jack White
Will i Am

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 26, 2010 01:56

Where do we view this? DVD? At a Theater? What country?
How do Jack White, Liz Phair and Will I Am fit in?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 26, 2010 01:58

swiss
But never bought into the Exile in Guyville/Main Street thing.

I never got that either - other than the title.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 26, 2010 02:39

CindyC
swiss

I always felt like either she was listening to Exile when she was writing some of those songs. as there are some very slight references to Exile on Main Street, OR someone around her at the time suggested the "dirty" production reminded them of Exile, and she went with that like "yeah, Exile in Guyville!" But then went too far in pressing the the assertion that it is a song-by-song response. Cuz clearly it's nothing close to that.

She was asked about this in 2008-09, and she's adamant that it is, in fact a song-by-song rsponse. But I've heard her provide no details on it. And I've never heard her -- ever -- speak passionately about those Stones, or songs on Exile that inspired her. So...it remains to be seen what, if anything, she and Will i am and Benico del Toro will add to this documentary smiling smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 26, 2010 02:57

>She was asked about this in 2008-09, and she's adamant that it is, in fact a song-by-song rsponse. But I've heard her provide no details on it.

GUYVILLE was re-released with a DVD a couple of years ago and in that doc. (made by Phair), there's a frustrating scene with Nash Kato. He dismisses the whole notion and she protests that, if he wants, she would go over it song by song to explain how they are responses to the Stones songs; alas, he declines the offer.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 26, 2010 10:45

swiss
Very cool to get Jake Weber to talk about what it was like as a kid at Nellecote.

But...
Will i am???
Benicio Del Toro?

Liz Phair....phair enough, I suppose. Loved her first album, saw her perform the entirety of Exile in Guyville last spring in Boston. But never bought into the Exile in Guyville/Main Street thing.

CAST

Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts
Bill Wyman
Mick Taylor

rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Marshall Chess
Sheryl Crow
Benicio Del Toro
Caleb Followill
Andy Johns
Anita Pallenberg
Liz Phair
The Rolling Stones
Martin Scorsese
Dominique Tarle
Don Was
Jake Weber
Jack White
Will i Am

Er...where's Ron Wood?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:21

Ronnie has no part to play,but they could have asked his opinion on the songs,Mick Taylor,playing them live etc.(?)............maybe not.

scuk

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 26, 2010 12:45

straycatuk
Ronnie has no part to play,but they could have asked his opinion on the songs,Mick Taylor,playing them live etc.(?)............maybe not.

scuk

Just seems a little odd given that he is a current member of the band. Still, will be good to hear Taylor and Wyman's recollections.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 26, 2010 17:04

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Stones with Taylor and Wyman, along with Chess, Johns, Pallenberg and Tarlé. Those people usually have great things to say.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't be bad to see Ronnie giving a few comments about Exile, as long as Wyman, Taylor and all the other important people are there.

Edit: Oops, didn't see that people already commented on that. My bad. Anyway, I agree that Ronnie should be there, but no more than Bill and Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 17:06 by LieB.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 26, 2010 17:10

pretty good cast. i hear the love scene between liz phair and benicio del toro is HOT!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 26, 2010 17:32

swiss
CindyC
swiss

I always felt like either she was listening to Exile when she was writing some of those songs. as there are some very slight references to Exile on Main Street, OR someone around her at the time suggested the "dirty" production reminded them of Exile, and she went with that like "yeah, Exile in Guyville!" But then went too far in pressing the the assertion that it is a song-by-song response. Cuz clearly it's nothing close to that.

She was asked about this in 2008-09, and she's adamant that it is, in fact a song-by-song rsponse. But I've heard her provide no details on it. And I've never heard her -- ever -- speak passionately about those Stones, or songs on Exile that inspired her. So...it remains to be seen what, if anything, she and Will i am and Benico del Toro will add to this documentary smiling smiley

The "song-by-song response" thing was a gimmick, mostly due to the happy coincidence of there being 18 songs, but Guyville is a fantastic album, and Liz plays some very Stonesy rhythm guitar on it, as well as on some songs on later albums. Guyville is a little rough - like Exile. It's the sound of a woman singing to herself in her bedroom. A lot of pain and sexuality. A very brave record. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't heard it. Unfortunately she has never matched the intensity of that record since, and her search for a big "hit" has led her to make some unfortunate musical choices (hmm, who does THAT sound like?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 17:35 by 71Tele.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 26, 2010 17:33

<< Er...where's Ron Wood? >>

Probably at the bar.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:55

71Tele
Unfortunately she has never matched the intensity of that record since, and her search for a big "hit" has led her to make some unfortunate musical choices (hmm, who does THAT sound like?).

I actually listen to her second album fairly often, I don't know what it's called, but it has Supernova and May Queen on it.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home