Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Elvis On Stage/In Person (Legacy Edition) Re-Release
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 24, 2010 05:06

For the Elvis fans in the house...

Just released today is a re-release of 2 of Elvis' finest live recordings...1970's On Stage and grouped with it is 1969's In Person. Newly remastered in a great double packaged set. Affordable price...pick it up if you can!

[www.amazon.com]

Re: OT: Elvis On Stage/In Person (Legacy Edition) Re-Release
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 24, 2010 05:25

I think it's very short sighted to group two standalone recordings together in this fashion.

Date: March 24, 2010 05:34

I agree to a degree..In Person deserves its own release....but for a new fan who may want to get into Elvis' live material...this one-stop package is pretty solid.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 24, 2010 06:34

live one w graceland gates in foto...early in the 'comeback' era...it's so super...can't recall the name right now but was recorded in homestate tenn pretty sure...
thanks for this!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT to see the King

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 24, 2010 06:44

Elvis..he was certainly a gifted Genius...it was a real shame what happened to him.His grandson Ben Presley is got into the music I havent heard any of his singing yet.If hes going to be anything like his grandfather hes certainly going to have a big future.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: March 24, 2010 07:07

[www.guitars101.com]

I recommend this bootleg instead, great sound and more comprehensive overview of the two era's of shows recorded.

Date: March 24, 2010 07:13

Beelyboy
live one w graceland gates in foto...early in the 'comeback' era...it's so super...can't recall the name right now but was recorded in homestate tenn pretty sure...
thanks for this!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT to see the King

I think you're referring to 1974's live 'homecoming' album Elvis Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis. It has a picture of the Mansion on the front, with the gates elsewhere on the sleeve. Elvis is in top form throughout the show, but unfortunately they edited it to fit it on one LP.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 07:15

Only $12.99 on Amazon and it includes several bonus tracks:

Disc One:
1. See See Rider •
2. Release Me •
3. Sweet Caroline •
4. Runaway •
5. The Wonder Of You •
6. Polk Salad Annie •
7. Yesterday •
8. Proud Mary •
9. Walk A Mile In My Shoes •
10. Let It Be Me •

Bonus songs:
11. Don't Cry Daddy •
12. Kentucky Rain •
13. Long Tall Sally •
14. The Wonder Of You

The disc's final addition is a unique glimpse of Elvis working on his repertoire, as he runs through 'The Wonder Of You' at an afternoon rehearsal, only hours before the original album recordings were done later that night.

Disc Two:
1. Blue Suede Shoes •
2. Johnny B. Goode •
3. All Shook Up •
4. Are You Lonesome Tonight? •
5. Hound Dog •
6. I Can't Stop Loving You •
7. My Babe •
8. Medley: Mystery Train/Tiger Man •
9. Words •
10. In The Ghetto •
11. Suspicious Minds •
12. Can't Help Falling In Love •

Bonus tracks:
13. I Got A Woman •
14. Medley: Jailhouse Rock/Don't Be Cruel •
15. Heartbreak Hotel •
16. Baby, What You Want Me To Do •
17. Reconsider Baby •
18. Funny How Time Slips Away.

Date: March 24, 2010 08:22

studiorambo
Elvis is in top form throughout the show, but unfortunately they edited it to fit it on one LP.

You can have the entire, unedited show from the FTD label's (official bootleg label from Sony) release of the show.

[www.shopelvis.com]

1. Also Sprach Zarathustra
2. See See Rider
3. I Got A Woman / Amen
4. Love Me
5. Trying To Get To You
6. All Shook Up
7. Steamroller Blues
8. Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
9. Love Me Tender
10. Medley: Long Tall Sally / Whole Lot-ta Shakin' Goin' On / Mama Don't Dance / Flip, Flop and Fly / Jailhouse Rock / Hound Dog
11. Fever
12. Polk Salad Annie
13. Why Me Lord?
14. How Great Thou Art
15. Suspicious Minds
16. Introductions by Elvis
17. Blueberry Hill / I Can't Stop Loving You
18. Help Me
19. American Trilogy
20. Let Me Be There
21. My Baby Left Me
22. Lawdy Miss Clawdy
23. Funny How Time Slips Away
24. Can't Help Falling In Love
25. Closing - Vamp

Date: March 24, 2010 08:53

colonial
Elvis..he was certainly a gifted Genius...it was a real shame what happened to him.His grandson Ben Presley is got into the music I havent heard any of his singing yet.If hes going to be anything like his grandfather hes certainly going to have a big future.

Actually it was a rumor a while back that Ben was signed for a 5 album record deal...but it was found to be false. The kid hasn't really shown any interest in singing.

Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: March 24, 2010 08:57

Get the FTD release of the "IN PERSON" album!There are bonus tracks and a complete 69 show!Fantastic stuff!!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 24, 2010 08:59

Gee I didnt know that..it was on the news here and its on his website.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: March 24, 2010 10:32

Happy Jack
[www.guitars101.com]

I recommend this bootleg instead, great sound and more comprehensive overview of the two era's of shows recorded.

Thanks for this. This is the way the official albums should have been re-released.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 24, 2010 18:48

Considering the horrible and seemingly endless cycle of crap and unimaginative repackages which were released in the last few years of his life (and the first couple of years afterwards), its a remarkable turnaround that 33 years after his death the people responsible for his archives are still managing to come up with worthwhile releases and reissues like this.

All those horrible RCA Camden albums when you had to wade through about ten tracks of recycled '60's soundtrack dross just to find a couple of nuggets that were unavailable elsewhere seem to be light years away now.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 24, 2010 19:27

Justin
I agree to a degree..In Person deserves its own release....but for a new fan who may want to get into Elvis' live material...this one-stop package is pretty solid.

It's also chronological, since In Person didn't become a single release until after On Stage.

In that respect, it's no different than Legacy's recent From Elvis In Memphis/Back In Memphis release.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 19:32

I bought the Elvis In Memphis set its fantastic and in a weird way is a companion piece to Let It Bleed, a legacy Let It Bleed would certainly be played back to back in my house smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2010 19:33

Yeah Gazz, I'm quite happy that they're shaping things up over there...better late than never. It started first with the re-issue of From Elvis in Memphis last year.

For those who can't afford the FTD releases, these Legacy reissues are pretty great. I'm just pleased that they're treating Elvis' material with a bit more class and respect. It's hard to sift through Elvis' catalog for the exact reasons you mentioned. A lot to weed through there. Hopefully this is the beginning of a lot of great reissues.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 25, 2010 00:49

That Boot is superb!! Many many thanks! Any more?

Date: March 25, 2010 02:31

The 1970 boot is far superior to the original album? Is there any info on this? Is it pre overdubs etc? Its bloomin superb.....

Date: March 25, 2010 03:24

I have the boot Good Times Never Seemed So Good. It's very good. It was supposedly assembled from pre-overdub and alternate recordings acetates cut for Elvis or The Colonel.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: March 25, 2010 06:28

Happy Jack
[www.guitars101.com]

Happy Jack, thank you kindly for the fantastic Elvis Live At The International Hotel 1969 / 1970 double CD...that man sure can sing and that band sure can swing!

Awesome.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: March 25, 2010 07:57

No problem for that boot. If you go to guitars101 there is a whole elvis subforum in which a fan has posted most of the FTD releases, including the ones mentioned in this thread.

Date: March 25, 2010 11:45

my lord, I'm gonna be downloading forever! Many thanks.....

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 25, 2010 11:55

i can't get over the fact that sony owns all of elvis presley's material. it was strange enough when rca became bmg.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1403
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home