Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor - a look behind the curtain
Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: March 20, 2010 23:28

I don*t know if it was posted here before:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1213013/The-Rolling-Stone-whos-stony-broke-Why-Mick-Taylor-lives-rundown-Suffolk-semi-shabby-car.html]Daily mail[/url]

But in anyway it's sad to read and see.

Keep on rollin'

Gangster

Re: Mick Taylor - a look behind the curtain
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 20, 2010 23:37

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 01:48

Actually, this is old news and was posted back in September when the article originally came out. It caused quite an uproar, with a lot of people very pissed at Mick/Keith/the Stones for not paying Mick T properly (myself included). However, I seem to recall it also turned out to be very inaccurate, apparently was debunked by Mick T. and/or his management, and supposedly he is nowhere near as bad off as the article claimed. Mick (and Keith too) still need to step up and do the right thing by paying Mick T. whatever he is rightfully owed, regardless of his financial condition.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 21, 2010 02:28

taylor says he's comfortable with them and they are nice to him; in touch etc...
good enough for me. they are working together again, even if in limited capacity on new exoms vault stuff. good news. great news for me...and all of them really. OWNING their ownlegacy with pride instead of petty school boy crap....

dunno what the money is; not my concern...they all doin' better than me one suspects....haa...

wonder how ron feels about this tho. don't care much but do wonder. one hopes he's happy as taylor was good fried to him as far back as ronnie in The Birds...AND helping him, (arguably here but i believe it to be absolutely true) by facilitating meetups with glimz when taylor knew he was booking...
a gentleman to the end is mick taylor.

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 02:44

That's all very true Beely. Many people on here have commented on Taylor's class in dealing with the legacy that leaving the Stones has brought on him. He's never once publicly complained, and says he's very content with the choices he has made in life. And I don't think there is any bad blood between him and Ronnie, they've always remained on good terms as far as I know, and remained friends, although I don't think they see each other very often, if at all.

As someone who has always been poor and lived paycheck to paycheck, I just think anyone who is owed money should be paid said money, regardless of the situation. I obviously don't know the whole story between Mick T. and the Stones, but from what I have read on here, and elsewhere, he is owed royalties by the Stones, and if that is true, they should pay him. It's only right, especially after what they went thru with Allen Klein. They should know better than to hold back someone's money, they didn't like it when it happened to them.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: March 21, 2010 03:56

I have no idea what the actual situation is, but if Mick Taylor is not receiving royalties for the music he helped create, then that's a crime.
The Stones are living off that era and certainly should pay what's due.
I hope Ladies and Gentlemen is released on DVD, maybe Mick Taylor will finally get recognized for his achievements in the band.

Posted by: mark666 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 18:54

This story just goes on and on. Apparently The Rolling Stones owe Mick Taylor millions of dollars in royalties but Mick is not sueing them for the money despite his poor financial situation. I am in the same position as I wrote all The Beatles songs and I can prove it but I cannot be bothered to sue for royalties. Lawyers would be queueing up at Taylors door with 'no win no fee' bids if he was legally entitled to more money...... not morally. Then again maybe Mick is legally entitled to millions of dollars but does not want the money for himself or his family........ maybe!

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 22, 2010 11:35

Once again, (I have explaind this numerous times), this time the ultra brief version for Mark666's benefit: the conflict is not about writing royalties but about record royalties from Rolling Stones Records - which was owned by the five bandmembers: MJ, KR, MT, BW and CW.
Please read up on different forms of royalty income before jumping to the conclusion Mick T has no case.
Furthermore, the Stones legal affairs are notoriously complicated, even for professionals working in this field. It is quite possible that you are not in possession of all the relevant facts, is it not ?

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 22, 2010 11:56

I do not know the full extent of the situation regarding money owed etc. But wouldnt it be safe to assume that something had to be worked out between Mick T and the stones? - regarding the Exile re-release, Mick Ts recent studio work for the project, and now the L&G release.Otherwise Mick T could have told them to "get stuffed" when approached by the stones to do it.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 22, 2010 12:08

Lightnin'
Once again, (I have explaind this numerous times), this time the ultra brief version for Mark666's benefit: the conflict is not about writing royalties but about record royalties from Rolling Stones Records - which was owned by the five bandmembers: MJ, KR, MT, BW and CW.
Please read up on different forms of royalty income before jumping to the conclusion Mick T has no case.
Furthermore, the Stones legal affairs are notoriously complicated, even for professionals working in this field. It is quite possible that you are not in possession of all the relevant facts, is it not ?

ok, so if it´s all so complicated and even lawyers don´t know then pleasen enlighten us all, once and for all lightnin´.

how much in publishing royalties mick taylor has to get????

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 22, 2010 16:43

Maybe the lawyers told him they will take 98% of what money he does get.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 22, 2010 17:13

Its all BS, according to Taylor's Management....He also said that Jagger stays in touch with Taylor...Of of course which leads to the speculation of Taylors return.....winking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 22, 2010 18:01

Even if (I said: even if) Taylor is entitled to money from the Stones he could have his own reasons not to make a lawyers case out of it. Taylor ain't no fool and I don't believe that he's the weak, meek man some of us seem to think.

Besides I believe that Jagger and Taylor always liked each other and certainly had mutual respect. On the other hand I believe that Jagger was more hurt by Taylor's 'sudden' decision to leave than he ever showed. And I guess MJ has the memory of an elephant.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 30, 2010 01:14

mark666
This story just goes on and on. Apparently The Rolling Stones owe Mick Taylor millions of dollars in royalties but Mick is not sueing them for the money despite his poor financial situation. I am in the same position as I wrote all The Beatles songs and I can prove it but I cannot be bothered to sue for royalties. Lawyers would be queueing up at Taylors door with 'no win no fee' bids if he was legally entitled to more money...... not morally. Then again maybe Mick is legally entitled to millions of dollars but does not want the money for himself or his family........ maybe!

you did NOT write all the beatle songs dammit! i co-wrote everyone w you u sak... except for yesterday which i wrote by myself... can't afford a lawyer i'm letting it be

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 30, 2010 12:02

"Besides I believe that Jagger and Taylor always liked each other and certainly had mutual respect. On the other hand I believe that Jagger was more hurt by Taylor's 'sudden' decision to leave than he ever showed. And I guess MJ has the memory of an elephant."

That might be correct unfortunately, Kleermaker..

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 30, 2010 13:27

How could Mick T travel around world with his band playing music in smaller places if he was broke - that doesn't make sense. It takes money to travel like he does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-30 13:28 by mtaylor.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 30, 2010 13:28

Old news.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 30, 2010 15:29

more importantly...

Mick Taylor is still listed as playing BB Kings (NYC) in May, but his web site still makes no mention of the gig. Anyone know for sure if this show is going to happen??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home