Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith and slide guitar
Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:01

I've always been a huge fan of slide guitar. From Elmore James to Johnny Winter to Duane Allman. I think it's the best blues sound. As I was listening to "Sister Morphine" this morning I was thinking how great Taylor's slide playing sounds on that record. I also was wondering on how many songs Keith has played slide on whether it's in the studio or live for that matter. I can't ever remember seeing any live stuff with him playing slide. Can anybody help me with this?

Re: Keith and slide guitar
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:05

Um, that's Ry Cooder on Sister Morphine...Keith's involvement with slide pretty much peaked with the Let It Bleed album, Monkey Man, Midnight Rambler, Let It, Bleed, etc. He seems to have pretty much dropped it after that, perhaps because Taylor handled slide so well when he joined.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:22

>> I can't ever remember seeing any live stuff with him playing slide. Can anybody help me with this? <<

Keith played slide on You Gotta Move in 69, on Happy in 72/73, 75/76 and 78; and on You Got the Silver in 99.
there are miles of photos of him on stage with a slide - you'll see for yourself if you just look closer

Posted by: magee mineko ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:23

Cartoon"bottleneck of Keith Richard"
[cartoonstones.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home