Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Westerberg 'mats
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: July 23, 2008 19:10

Anyone here fans of the Replacements or front man Paul Westerberg ? great loose rock and roll with country punk feel anyway Westerberg is offering his latest effort for 49 cents. check her for details

[www.nme.com]

as with most of westerbergs stuff, he doesnt concern himself with post production nor indeed production itself, but that's the charm. The 'Mats were a great band in their day.

Re: OT Westerberg 'mats
Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 23, 2008 20:11

in their day, yeah... they were my favorite band for several years. His solo stuff can be ok, but there's no way to recapture the feeling.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: July 23, 2008 20:45

I'm a bigger fan of The Replacements and Paul Westerberg than I am of the Rolling Stones so I can't wait to check this out. As cc stated above, his solo stuff can be hit or miss but I think he's on a creative upswing at the moment.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: July 23, 2008 21:34

The upcoming 'mats reissues look good.

Saw Westerberg solo afew years back, briliant gig. Maybe that re-union will happen to tie in with all the re-releases.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: July 23, 2008 21:49

Just downloaded 49:00 yesterday for 49 cents-great stuff as usual. It's very much along the lines of Grandpaboy and the Folker album...very unpolished, all the songs run together, some are just snippets, etc.

Date: July 23, 2008 22:51

Love the Replacements, quite possibly the greatest band of the 80's. I'm hoping the re-issues are loaded with unreleased stuff.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: July 23, 2008 23:27

Saw the track listing for the reissues and of course some of the bonus stuff has been out there on boots but there were a few things I'd never heard of, including a cover of Gudbuy T'Jane which had been shortlisted for, I believe, Don't Tell a Soul. Could be great...

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 23, 2008 23:30

Love The Replacements. Saw them in London twenty odd years ago. Plenty of unreleased stuff on the reissues.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: July 24, 2008 12:34

I really like the album "Folker" the playing has a real classic period Stones vibe. Highly Recommended smiling smiley
I also got the Best Of recently which has all the great tunes plus two very good new ones.

Posted by: bass ()
Date: July 24, 2008 16:18

For those who like Westerberg, check out Ian MacLagan's "All The Rage".
He spends a few pages describing his admiration for Paul and tells
a few funny stories about them back in the mid, late 80s era.
You will learn about the "lovelier" side of Van Morrison in the process.
MacLagan also did play on at least one of Westerberg's solo albums
and/or the Mats "All Shook Down".

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 24, 2008 16:19

download it and like it smiling smiley cool stuff

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:43

bass
For those who like Westerberg, check out Ian MacLagan's "All The Rage".
He spends a few pages describing his admiration for Paul and tells
a few funny stories about them back in the mid, late 80s era.
You will learn about the "lovelier" side of Van Morrison in the process.
MacLagan also did play on at least one of Westerberg's solo albums
and/or the Mats "All Shook Down".

McLagan played on the song "Silver Naked Ladies" on Westerberg's first solo album "14 Songs," released in 1993.

I love the Replacements, and Westerberg's solo career has had some good moments as well. I've seen him in concert several times and he always puts on a great show. He's a big Stones fan, he did a great cover of Jumping Jack Flash on his 2002 tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home