Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Should Clapton or Taylor have joined the Stones?
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 16, 2010 21:43

stoneswashed77
"In my narrow minded view sex and fun aren't part of the essence of life"

uuuhhhh. this is definately the most stupid thing i have ever heard.

you obviously don´t understand the world you are living in, where it comes from, what holds it together. and also how your psyche and body functions.

thank god that you function, are able to live and pee and reproduce yourself without having to know and think.

Your reaction is the best possible evidence of me being right I could get. Thank you kindlysmiling smiley

Date: March 16, 2010 21:47

T&A
i didn't realize there were blooze songs that weren't about sex; i learn so much here....

Well, depends on what you consider as sex. But relating the combination 'sex and fun' to blues music is hilarious to me. Blues is about the essential feelings of life. So blues is about love (in vain), brother.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 16, 2010 21:51

it's easier if it's just about sex, thank you. life you say? well, there's no life without sex, so let's just remember that....

Date: March 16, 2010 21:52

His Majesty

I prefer the stones live when they are more raw and with less soloing, I simply think they sound best that way. 1964 - 1970 live stuff is mostly all fine by me, the rest I have no desire to hear ever again really.

Which is of course no surprise to me at all. Though there was much soloing during the European 1970 tour, so I think you mean 1964-1969.

Date: March 16, 2010 22:00

shortfatfanny

Huh ? Since when am I speaking for others ? Would imply I could risk to speak for you as well
probably - thinking about it this may be an interesting option...

Just reread your lasts posts and you'll discover. You posed yourself as a spokesman of the rest while answering me. So you didn't speak for me, thank godcool smiley.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 16, 2010 22:30

kleermaker
stoneswashed77

you obviously don´t understand the world you are living in, where it comes from, what holds it together. and also how your psyche and body functions.

thank god that you function, are able to live and pee and reproduce yourself without having to know and think.

Your reaction is the best possible evidence of me being right I could get. Thank you kindlysmiling smiley

you should see a doctor!!!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 16, 2010 22:36

kleermaker
T&A
i didn't realize there were blooze songs that weren't about sex; i learn so much here....

Well, depends on what you consider as sex. But relating the combination 'sex and fun' to blues music is hilarious to me. Blues is about the essential feelings of life. So blues is about love (in vain), brother.

So why then are 80% of Muddy Waters' lyrics about shagging, and the remaining 20% about boozing and shagging?

Mathijs

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 16, 2010 22:42

stoneswashed77
Mathijs

I hear one guitarist who've stolen all his licks from SRV, and another who'se way past his expriry date.
Mathijs

that´s bullshit. compared to SRV, john mayer has better tone, writes better songs, especially not only blues songs, he has an own style, his play serves the song, his voice is a lot better, his backing band is a lot better. and he @#$%& grooves.

all those strat nerds sound a bit the same and copy each other, so if you wanna start to talk about that then SRV is the biggest Rip-Off of all of them.
i dont always like to get into these discussions about which player is better or which song is better because its all a matter of taste.however,this one i had to check twice just to make sure i was reading it correctly.by SRV you mean stevie ray vaughn right? john mayer....really? maybe its a generational thing,can i ask you what decade you where born in? like i said ,its all just an opinion but that one kinda threw me.and can i ask what a "strat-nerd" is? i cant imagine calling even a bad guitar player a nerd.

Date: March 16, 2010 22:42

Bjorn
You´re a joke Matthijs...Always this technical bullshit...Clapton plays from his heart...Period. Ever had a look at "the Concert for George"-dvd?

Clearly you can't read. I am a tremendous Clapton fan, but that's the Clapton from '66 to about '72, and some later '70's gigs can be very good as well if he didn't have too many drinks.

It's the clapton since Unplugged or whatever its called that doesn't mean anything to me, and I find his playing of the last years just totally uninspired and his tone is just muddy and dark. I think Clapton's well has dried up, something that many artists experience after they reach 50, including the Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 16, 2010 22:43

Mathijs
kleermaker
T&A

So why then are 80% of Muddy Waters' lyrics about shagging, and the remaining 20% about boozing and shagging?

Mathijs

cos 20% of his women were ugly? just a guess...

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: March 16, 2010 22:51

Mathijs

It's the clapton since Unplugged or whatever its called that doesn't mean anything to me, and I find his playing of the last years just totally uninspired and his tone is just muddy and dark. I think Clapton's well has dried up, something that many artists experience after they reach 50, including the Stones.

Mathijs

If you get a chance watch the recent Madison Square Garden DVD recorded with Steve Winwood. Eric plays some ripping guitar. On a couple of tracks he plays as well as any playing I have heard from him.

Date: March 16, 2010 22:52

stoneswashed77
Mathijs

I hear one guitarist who've stolen all his licks from SRV, and another who'se way past his expriry date.
Mathijs

that´s bullshit. compared to SRV, john mayer has better tone, writes better songs, especially not only blues songs, he has an own style, his play serves the song, his voice is a lot better, his backing band is a lot better. and he @#$%& grooves.

all those strat nerds sound a bit the same and copy each other, so if you wanna start to talk about that then SRV is the biggest Rip-Off of all of them.

It's not just me who thinks so.

A quote from John Mayer himself from Rollin' Stone mag: "It took me years to develop my own style, away from SRV".

[fendersixstring.blogspot.com]

[www.google.nl]

Mathijs

Date: March 16, 2010 23:01

stoneswashed77
kleermaker
stoneswashed77

Me? And what about you? grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley. You're so funny sometimes!

Date: March 16, 2010 23:12

kleermaker
stoneswashed77
kleermaker
stoneswashed77

Me? And what about you? grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley. You're so funny sometimes!

i see one every day.grinning smiley

Date: March 16, 2010 23:18

"It's not just me who thinks so.

A quote from John Mayer himself from Rollin' Stone mag: "It took me years to develop my own style, away from SRV"."

that´s true for everyone in life. first you have idols that you copy and then you find your own way of doing it. there ain´t no other way to do it.

and as i said those strat nerds (which isn´t meant insulting, but describing a certain type of player that seems to be common) copy each other and sound alike to a certain degree.

but to reduce john mayer to be a SRV clone is false in my eyes.

I like SVR as a blues player only. But i prefer the music from John Mayer as a whole (songs, voice, use of guitar, backing band).

Date: March 16, 2010 23:57

stoneswashed77
kleermaker
stoneswashed77
kleermaker
stoneswashed77

i see one every day.grinning smiley

That must be a witch doctorgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-16 23:58 by kleermaker.

Date: March 17, 2010 00:08

yeah but he is not very successful

i am still a sexual human being.

damn it. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 17, 2010 00:34

kleermaker
Anyway, speak for yourself and not for others. Seems to me another good advice. And it's for free.

Huh ? Since when am I speaking for others ? Would imply I could risk to speak for you as well
probably - thinking about it this may be an interesting option...

kleermaker

Just reread your lasts posts and you'll discover. You posed yourself as a spokesman of the rest while answering me. So you didn't speak for me, thank god

kleermaker
Amsterdamned, actually people 'interpret' the music very differently, as we so often have experienced here. Don't bother about it and realise that it matters that you, Tele, me and some others here are able to hear the real musical feelings being expressed by the band with Taylor as a very special and unique 'spokesman' so to say.

Seems as if you just ignored your own advice...the "try and error" principle
doesn´t fit to anybody at once.

But I´m sure you´ll keep on practising...and pos(t)ing...

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 00:51

No.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:16

kleermaker
Which is of course no surprise to me at all. Though there was much soloing during the European 1970 tour, so I think you mean 1964-1969.

No, I mean 1970 too.

Date: March 17, 2010 01:49

His Majesty
kleermaker

No, I mean 1970 too.

1970 was a great Mick Taylor noodling, widdling and overplaying year. Hear it yourself:

Date: March 17, 2010 02:00

kleermaker
1970 was a great Mick Taylor noodling, widdling and overplaying year. Hear it yourself:

Nah. not as irritating as 1973 and I dig the slower pace they band used during that tour.

Date: March 17, 2010 02:30

Well, did they really?

Date: March 17, 2010 03:45

kleermaker
Well, did they really?

What?

kleermaker
relating the combination 'sex and fun' to blues music is hilarious to me.

Then you must have a very narrow minded view of blues music.

Date: March 17, 2010 09:11

No over playing on this one. Great guitar play off between Mick and Buddy towards the end.

Date: March 17, 2010 11:34

He sounds more exciting and alive here...

Date: March 17, 2010 11:47

Mick doing another Freddie King classic. Blondie on 2nd guitar

Date: March 17, 2010 12:18

Wonder what he would have played on songs like this!?

eye popping smiley

Date: March 17, 2010 12:26

terraplane

My god, this kind of blues is so beaten to death, they should shoot any guitarist playing this or any of these kind of these ballroom blues songs ever on stage again.

It's like Stairway to Heaven in a guitarshop....JUST DON'T!

Mathijs

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:50

Mathijs
terraplane

My god, this kind of blues is so beaten to death, they should shoot any guitarist playing this or any of these kind of these ballroom blues songs ever on stage again.

It's like Stairway to Heaven in a guitarshop....JUST DON'T!

Mathijs

Don' shoot please, I like him.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home