Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 26, 2008 10:31

Just wondered if anyone else is loving the two albums by this strange couple. Their new disc is on almost constant play in my car. While the sound is different to Plant/Krauss it's a similar mismatch of styles and voices. Campbell is ex Belle & Sebastian (Scottish mid 90s indie) and Lanegan from Screaming Trees (early 90s grunge) and more latterly QOTSA and The Gutter Twins.

I also caught these guys live in manchester a few weeks back - pretty awesome stuff. Ballad of the Broken Seas came out a few years back and Sunday at Devil Dirt earlier this year. The latter contains a great bluesy song called 'Shotgun Blues'.

Anyway, worth a listen. Thanks.

Re: OT: Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 26, 2008 10:41

i love IS & ML - they're debut album, Ballad Of The Broken Seas,
is one of the very best of the decade, and one of my favourite albums, period.
I had the pleasure of seeing them perform it live, in London, last year, and it was a fantastic show.

The new album, is very good, though in all honesty, my listening time, has been somewhat rationed, of late, and i've only been able to spin it on a couple of occasions.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 26, 2008 21:07

I've enjoyed both Mark Lanegan's albums with Isobel Campbell and also the partnership with Greg Dulli as the "Gutter Twins" - their album's called Saturnalia. Much darker stuff than the IC/ML pairing but it's well worth checking out.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: June 27, 2008 01:34

Great albums. Check out the guitarist Jim McCullach's recent "Green Peppers" albums. You may know him from cult glasgow band SUPERSTAR. Rod Stewart mangled one of their songs on that "when we were boys album" but dont let that put you off.

i've had the pleasure of hearing an advance of his new album and its another gentle beauty. If you see them live Jim is the one with no hair.

Oh and the Isobel/MArk albums area great.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 27, 2008 01:36

Lifes to short for 'dark stuff'

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 27, 2008 10:18

ablett
Lifes to short for 'dark stuff'

i disagree.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home