Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Kiss Challenge U2 And Rolling Stones To Stadium Duel
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 4, 2010 12:29

The biggest difference is that The Rolling Stones are one of the best rock bands in history. They have written some of the most important statements in music and they are all incredibly organic and passionate musicians. KISS....well...not much you can say other than manufactured, pretentious, and totally passionless music...oh and lets not forget they are complete posers.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 4, 2010 12:58

keefriffhard4life
melillo
hey gene when that band that you are in gets in the hall of fame then you can talk smack , until then keep it shut boy, btw with all the kiss lineup changes there are gonna be more people on stage then there will be in the audience

thats a ridiculous argument. we all know the HOF has a hate on for hard rock/metal and always has. list of bands not in the HOF but are eligible are:

cheap trick
rush
deep purple
alice cooper
judas priest
iron maiden
motorhead
stevie ray vaughan
yes

are none of those people better musicians than the stones? i believe just the guys rush and yes play circles around the stones and lets not even start about the godlike talent of SRV. also cheap trick is so underrated not even the HOF sees how great they are.

official members of the rolling stones= at least 6
official members of KISS= 10

not a huge difference considering eric carr died in the early 90's so he had to be replaced due to death and mark st john got an injury after 1 album that prevented him from playing guitar so subtract the 2 people replaced for health reasons and thats only 8 members

I'm agreeing with the points made here.

also an additional note worth mentioning is that KISS, like AC/DC, Maiden, Rush and many more, when they go on stage to perform, it's just the band on stage. not bolstered by a huge array of supporting musicians, backing singers etc.

worth pointing out I think. Fair play if you don't like the music that they play, but at least it's THE BAND playing the songs. Even when the stones go onto the B stage the music is still bolstered by the back line.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 4, 2010 13:07

Gene Simmons..Only wants to challenge two of the biggest names in the music industry The Stones + U2...well Gene ive seen you and ya band before it was a good night out..But I wouldnt go see ya again put it that way........Gene want are you on.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 4, 2010 13:15

Do you think that the Stones or anybody who really is in the first league would challenge "anybody out there who considers themself a world champion" to "duel" on stage? What a stupid concept it is. Music is not a thai-boxing. At least not the good music and at least not for me.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 4, 2010 13:40

tHIS CHALLENGE IS RIDICULOUS, JUST MERCHANDISING

ANYWAY I LIKE MUSIC, AND THAT'S WHY I LIKE RS, KISS, U2.............RUSH......YES.....PINK FLOYD.......... DYLAN.........

Date: May 4, 2010 15:15

whitem8
The biggest difference is that The Rolling Stones are one of the best rock bands in history. They have written some of the most important statements in music and they are all incredibly organic and passionate musicians. KISS....well...not much you can say other than manufactured, pretentious, and totally passionless music...oh and lets not forget they are complete posers.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 4, 2010 15:30

Wild Slivovitz
If Rolling Stones are a "Vegas Act", then how should Kiss be rated???

A joke?

A high school band?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 4, 2010 17:47

Kiss just started there Sonic boom over Europe tour in support of there current new album SONIC BOOM . Kiss is a working band !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 4, 2010 18:57

What is Kiss? A cash machine. Zero artistic or musical content.
Had S&S been born a little later they would have worked for Goldman Sachs selling 500K houses to jobless people...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-04 19:00 by dcba.

Date: May 4, 2010 20:10

dcba
What is Kiss? A cash machine. Zero artistic or musical content.
Had S&S been born a little later they would have worked for Goldman Sachs selling 500K houses to jobless people...

i missed the artistic side of chuck berry. people on here seem to think KISS was rixh/successful from day 1. these guys slugged it out for 3-4 years before they became famous and released 3 studio albums that went nowhere. after they became famous gene makes no lies he did what he had to do make money because he knows most bands have a short lifespan of fame and wanted to milk it. he had no clue in 1977 that they would be a pretty popular band for the next 30+ years

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 4, 2010 20:24

Don't know if this is mentioned before.............KISS MY A..................ss

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 4, 2010 20:39

ha ha Kiss is still out there getting it done and reaping the finacial rewards from the diehard Kiss army

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 4, 2010 21:43

I can't believe this thread is still going. grinning smiley

Date: May 4, 2010 21:50

EdithGrove..I cant believe *Kiss* still want to keep going

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 4, 2010 22:01

KISS...no artistic merits at all, no subtlety, no diversity, no soul, no brain...what's not to like?

Date: May 4, 2010 22:16

stones78
KISS...no artistic merits at all, no subtlety, no diversity, no soul, no brain...what's not to like?

i missed when rock n roll was supposed to be about artistic merit. i thought it was to have fun. they tried some artistic stuff and the fans went running.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 03:10

keefriffhard4life
whitem8

Yes, my point, that is TERRIBLE! Just cookie cutter comic book rock. Taking from Bowie and Alice Cooper, but with none of the passion from those artists. Just a plastic manufactured blueprint for commercial success.

Date: May 5, 2010 03:57

whitem8
keefriffhard4life
whitem8

Yes, my point, that is TERRIBLE! Just cookie cutter comic book rock. Taking from Bowie and Alice Cooper, but with none of the passion from those artists. Just a plastic manufactured blueprint for commercial success.

and yet that single and album bombed when they were released. that song is awesome and about anal sex. not very top 40 mainstream radio stuff imo

Date: May 5, 2010 13:36

Gene Simmons..*Wants to show them all what the big boys do*I see you why hes got a big mouth because he certainly needs one with a tongue that size.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 5, 2010 18:20

As it turns out. I'm off to see KISS tonight at Brum.

Mate of mine had some spare tickets, so a load of us are going over, should be a good laugh.

Price: 44 quid a pop. a lot fairer than the Stones, and they give a lot of bang for your buck.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 5, 2010 18:25

And going Edith...

Angie by Kiss

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 5, 2010 18:26

And Satisfaction...

Date: May 14, 2010 10:04

no pyro or makeup. just music:

Date: May 14, 2010 10:18

Kiss doesnt even belong opening for the stones, or U2 for that matter.

take away the makup, costumes, pyro and aleternating guitar players, and you have a High school talent show band. thats why there not and will not be in the hall of fame

.....keep on rolling.....

Date: May 14, 2010 10:21

yeah and notice the 3 dozen people in the audience was this on there tour of high school gyms and rec centers

Date: May 14, 2010 10:32

You Got To Roll Me..U2 Not good enough to open for The Stones...gee havent heard that one before...............OKconfused smiley?..

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 14, 2010 10:57

stones78

If you drop no artistic merits and no soul that sounds like a description of AC/DC to me.smiling smiley

Anyway, why all this hatred towards Kiss? At least they are a touring band.

Relax fellas and do yourselves a favor and download the new Exile On Main St. and everything's gonna be mighty fine.

Date: May 14, 2010 11:01

You Got to Roll Me
yeah and notice the 3 dozen people in the audience was this on there tour of high school gyms and rec centers

i believe its just a press conference

Date: May 14, 2010 16:36

what i had meant was kiss doesnt belong even opening for U2

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1336
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home