Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The TAMI Show on PBS Television This Weekend
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: March 7, 2010 02:50

Tonight the TAMI Show will be shown on PBS on cable television throughout the next few days. It is airing in New York at 8 PM Saturday night March 6th. Check your local listings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 17:05 by originalstones.

Re: The TAMI Show on PBS Television
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 7, 2010 02:51

Thanks for the heads up!

Re: The TAMI Show on PBS Television
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 7, 2010 02:51

wow
thnx

Re: The TAMI Show on PBS Television Tonight & Next Few Days
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 7, 2010 04:29

Watching it right now. I remember seeing this in a movie theatre, circa 1980. One of those Midnight Movie things, in the days before MTV and VCRs.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: March 7, 2010 05:53

I saw this in a theatre in my hometown with my brother in 64, wow how everybody looks so young and so long ago. I'm going to get the DVD{deluxe of course}.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: March 7, 2010 06:03

the PBS version is cut
the upcoming DVD is not

Re: The TAMI Show on PBS Television This Weekend
Date: March 7, 2010 17:06

It will be shown several more times over the next few days.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 7, 2010 17:23

Is the Stones entire performance included?

Date: March 7, 2010 17:29

slew
Is the Stones entire performance included?

Yes. The entire Stones performance is included.

Rob

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 7, 2010 17:56

yeah, it's the entire performance - the stones did fine, but there's no way anyone should have been legally required to follow james brown - unfollowable.....

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: March 7, 2010 18:23

I watched it all too. They were great.
While I was watching, I noticed that Marvin Gaye did
Hitch Hike and Can I Get A Witness.
Couldn't remember if this was before or after the Stones covered them.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: March 7, 2010 18:36

Marv,

The TAMI Show was after the Stones covered "Can I Get A Witness" and before they covered "Hitch Hike."

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 18:37 by originalstones.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:35

I caught it after being tipped off here yesterday. Very confident performance by the Stones given being Oct 64. All but one were covers that they probably had played a hundred times before. Each of the band members could be heard and got camera time. It seems all the acts were told to rock hard and it seemed loud to overcome the screaming. I guess they were told to smile a lot too as they were all beaming throughout. PBS did not show the Chuck Berry songs as the main omission. Dick Clark was ahead of his time putting this together. I had to think that RnR Circus was patterned after this 4 yrs later.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:41

TAMI opened with Chuck Berry. I believe he played Johnny B. Good and Maybelline.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:43

mitchflorida
TAMI opened with Chuck Berry. I believe he played Johnny B. Good and Maybelline.

And Gerry & The Pacemakers continued on with Maybelline.

Date: March 7, 2010 19:51

"I had to think that RnR Circus was patterned after this 4 yrs later."

Dick Clark did a heck of a better job with TAMI than Mick Jagger did with Rock and Roll Circus.

Yoko Ono's screaming on RnR Circus permanently damaged my hearing.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:53

I must have missed the very beginning. Lucky I recorded. At the show per the DVD Chuck played four songs. thanks for the correction.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 7, 2010 20:02

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-03 21:24 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 7, 2010 20:41

"Get Together" is definitely the highlight of the TAMI Show. Is that Phil Specter dancing with the hat on? If so, he is in prison now.

Date: March 7, 2010 20:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 20:54 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 7, 2010 21:47

mitchflorida
"Get Together" is definitely the highlight of the TAMI Show. Is that Phil Specter dancing with the hat on? If so, he is in prison now.

That must be some really awful dancing.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 7, 2010 22:16

mitchflorida

Oh, the injustice of it all. If only he'd taken his hat off, he'd be walking the streets right now!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 7, 2010 23:48

I was watching this last night on PBS and I checked Bill's book to see what he to say about the concert. The house band included Jack Nitzsche, Leon Russell and Sonny Bono. I think this would be the first time the Stones met Nitzsche (sp?). I believe this was when James Brown said I'm gonna make them Rolling Stones wish they never came to America.

Date: March 8, 2010 02:58

I had not seen it in so long. Jagger really worked it; during "It's all over now" you can see how hot and sweaty he is. shows that thing the Stones do: they are actually not playing it together. Bill, Brian, and Keith with lead line are all a fraction off from each other - yet it works.
Brian's guitar playing is good on "Off the Hook". That was some early day weaving. Keith plays the low lead line, but Brian's chording is more pronounced - this is while Jagger is singing. Then in the short breaks in between the verses, Keith solos a bit, and only during those leads does Brian tone down the stroke of his right hand, to where he is hitting the lower strings more. Very subtle.
Brian gets this great sound from that guitar; it's kind of a slippery sound. he does it on GLIYWI during "I'm Alright", and you hear it here too during "Time is on my side". he doesn't do it much but it's in there when they do the guitars follow Charlie's fills.
After "It's All Over Now" you see Brian hit a footswitch. Not sure if this is turning something off or on; I would say 'off'. Then "I'm Alright". It is weird because they are doing it in E. You can plainly see Brian go to a C#m. yet Keith's left hand seems fixed down around the 2nd and 3rd fret, as if they were doing it in G e.g.. To play it in E his riff has to include the low Ab in the 4th fret. But I never saw him go there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home