Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Plundered My Soul" to be a 7" Single
Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: March 8, 2010 06:14

skipstone
Specifically, when 'they' say B-side they mean the one track, which is what I was referring to. I know they have released more than one non-LP track for B-sides but it's been very few. Most of them are LP tracks for the B-side - not B-sides.

For the past 21 years (1989-present) the Stones have released 19 singles to the public. Only one of them contains an album track and it was really meant to be a double-single. So as a collector, I've come to expect non-album tracks with their singles, which keeps me on my feet.

Vinyl & Cassette:
Mixed Emotions b/w Fancy Man Blues (non-album)
Rock and a Hard Place b/w Cook Cook Blues (non-album)
Almost Hear You Sigh b/w Wish I'd Never Met You (non-album)
Highwire b/w 2000 Light Years from Home [Live] (non-album)
Ruby Tuesday [Live] b/w Play with Fire [Live] (non-album)
CD:
Paint It Black [Live] w/ Play With Fire [Live] (non-album) & Undercover of the Night [Live] (non-album)
Love Is Strong w/ So Young & The Storm (non-album)
You Got Me Rocking w/ Jump on Top of Me (non-album)
Out of Tears w/ I'm Gonna Drive (non-album) & So Young (non-album)
I Go Wild w/ Remixes (non-album)
Like a Rolling Stone w/ Black Limousine (non-album) & All Down the Line (non-album)
Wild Horses w/ Live with Me (non-album) & Tumbling Dice (non-album)
Anybody Seen My Baby? w/ Remixes (non-album)
Saint of Me w/ Gimme Shelter [Live (non-album)] & Anyway You Look at It (non-album)
Out of Control w/ Remixes (non-album)
Don't Stop w/ Miss You (Remix) (non-album)
Streets of Love w/ Rough Justice
Rain Falls Down w/ Remixes (non-album)
Biggest Mistake w/ Dance (Pt. 2) [Live] (non-album) & Before They Make Me Run [Live] (non-album)

Plundered My Soul/All Down The Line Single
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 7, 2010 17:05

According to Amazon this single will be released on April 20.

"Product Description
Limited 7 inch vinyl single with the tracks 'Plundered My Soul', b/w 'All Down The Line'. The B-side is one of the previously unreleased tracks from the 'Exile On Main St', 2010 reissue. 2 tracks"

This makes me question the Play.com list since "All down the line" wasn't mentioned (unless it is the mysterious "Title 5" but why would they change the name on the single?). So I guess we still don't have an official track listing.

Ross

[www.amazon.com]

Re: Plundered My Soul/All Down The Line Single
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 7, 2010 17:24

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 8, 2010 12:50

I think i´m going mad.........

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2010 12:51

What makes ya think that?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 8, 2010 16:54

Plundered My Wallet, perhaps?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 8, 2010 18:42

Ahhh. Yes, since 1989. The age of CDs with lots of room for extras. Typcially though they have been thought of as 'cheap' by putting LP tracks on as B-sides.

Hell, I couldn't find the CD single for Mixed Emotions. I could only find the 45.

Date: March 8, 2010 19:06

skipstone
Winning Ugly VXII
In black & white it says that :

1) All Down The Line is the b-side of this single.

2) All Down The Line (the version on this single) is one of the previously unreleased tracks. &

3) All Down The Line (the version on this single) is from the Exile on Main Street 2010 reissue.

If any of the above are not correct then the way it was worded is more than clumsy,it would be worded incorrectly.

If this version of All Down The Line is previously unreleased & NOT included on the 2010 Exile reissue,then it doesn't have much to do with the 2010 Exile reissue other than it might have been uncovered and remastered and/or remixed in the same process as the tracks that are included on the new reissue of the album.

That statement really doesn't say anything about "Plundered My Soul" other than it's the A-side of the single.

2. It clearly says it's an unreleased version of All Down The Line, hence it's part of the 2010 reissue - from the second disc.

That's what you were getting at right?

Yes. It says that it's the b-side,it says that it was a previously unreleased version,but it also says that it's from the 2010 Exile reissue. Those three pieces of information from that statement together mean that the track is on the second disc of the 2010 Exile reissue.

The version being previously unreleased is not enough by itself to conclude that it's also on the 2010 Exile reissue but,when you combine that with the fact that it specifically says that it is from the 2010 Exile reissue,you have no choice but to conclude that the track is also on disc 2 of the 2010 Exile reissue if you go literally by the statement.

With all of that said,the statement might not be 100% accurate. It could possibly be an 11th previously unreleased track BUT,that would mean that their statement has inaccuracies.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 9, 2010 00:07

Ah! So in short, seeing that some people are viewing the second disc as, ha ha, the new album, then that B-side of All Down The Line is an LP track! They did it again! Cheap bastards!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2010 01:38

skipstone
Ah! So in short, seeing that some people are viewing the second disc as, ha ha, the new album, then that B-side of All Down The Line is an LP track! They did it again! Cheap bastards!

I keep telling you MJ's business plan is from the late 70's!! Selling the same music twice? Haven't we seen this scam countless times in the past?
The train of thoughts behind the whole Exile-redux project is yellow and dusty...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2010 01:39

skipstone

I keep telling you MJ's business plan is from the late 70's!! Selling the same music twice? Haven't we seen this scam countless times in the past?
The train of thoughts behind the whole Exile-redux project is yellow and dusty... What we needed was 5-cd of sessions (à la Miles Davis) not 10 or 12 outtakes that ar e given a 2009 facelift...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home