Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Plundered My Soul" to be a 7" Single
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 6, 2010 21:48

Thanks to Bashlets on the Shidoobee site, I pass on this link to Amazon.

He or she also says that the B side will be a version of All Down the Line.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 13:03 by Harlem Shuffler.

Re: "Plundered My Soul" to be a 7" Single
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: March 6, 2010 22:43

At least 2 new tracks on vinyl..smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2010 22:49

Hey that's good stuff....Exile might just lever rock & roll back on da tracks...

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 01:04 by Rockman.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: March 6, 2010 23:21

Great news... I wonder if All Down The Line will be B-side only.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 7, 2010 00:06

isn't this one of the cuts with fresh lyrics and vocals? So maybe this 7" is basically the new Stones album.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 7, 2010 00:25

cc
isn't this one of the cuts with fresh lyrics and vocals? So maybe this 7" is basically the new Stones album.

Fresh guitars too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 00:25 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 7, 2010 00:39

If you hit the song title on the amazon link and scroll down it says unreleased version of ALDTL.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 7, 2010 01:35

Be great to mount a campaign on Facebook and try to get it into the charts like they did with Rage Against The Machine at Christmas in the UK.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 7, 2010 01:46

Best of all possible worlds: Instead of another moribund stadium tour and half-baked new album, we will get an all-"new" LP from their most fertile period, with participation from Mick Taylor (take that all who said he would never play with them again). Perhaps they will even throw in a few shows on the Exile theme.

I am one happy (or should I say "Happy") ) Stones fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 01:50 by 71Tele.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: March 7, 2010 01:59

I was disappointed when I saw they had left the acoustic version of ADTL off of the reissue. But it's great news to see it's going to show up as a B-side. I wonder if there will be a CD single also. Perhaps more of the outtakes will show up as B-sides. April 20th and May 18th can't come soon enough!!!

Date: March 7, 2010 02:22

Say's here 12.04.10, maybe the UK date?
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Also we don't know if it's the acoustic ADTL. I actually hope not, I never really liked that version and most of us have that in great quality.
They have been known for throwing in some strange B-sides in the near past. I also remember they changed the B-side for Biggest Mistakes in the last minute.

Just hope we get Scarlet one way or another.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 7, 2010 02:43

ajc68
I was disappointed when I saw they had left the acoustic version of ADTL off of the reissue. But it's great news to see it's going to show up as a B-side.

Theres nothing to suggest what version it is.

Id imagine (and hope) thats its a version that hasnt been bootlegged previously, as this seems to be what theyve been aiming for.

Maybe an alternate take of the 'acoustic' version?

Date: March 7, 2010 02:53

Agree... plus I think the acoustic version available on bootlegs is far from finished. More than half of the lyrics are just "ooh la la lay... etc."

Date: March 7, 2010 04:29

All good points regarding the acoustic version. The only outtake version I've heard is definitely incomplete. Btw, how interesting to have a new single that includes (perhaps a newly recorded) Mick Taylor. The first since "Waiting on a Friend."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 04:30 by ajc68.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 7, 2010 06:15

Maybe Title 5 is Waiting On A Friend.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 7, 2010 10:49

For me, according amazon, Plundered my soul is the only unreleased track of this 7 single.
Reread : Product Description
Limited 7 inch vinyl single with the tracks 'Plundered My Soul', b/w 'All Down The Line'. The B-side is one of the previously unreleased tracks from the 'Exile On Main St', 2010 reissue. 2 tracks

Date: March 7, 2010 11:06

That is quite a photo. is that Australia or USA?
And what about the credits? winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2010 11:20

That is quite a photo. is that Australia or USA?

YEAH wild stuff A Palace

USA ---- That's the Cannonball Express that collided with another
train at Dunlop near Petersburg VA on the Saturday, 27th June 1903.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 7, 2010 12:59

Bashlets
If you hit the song title on the amazon link and scroll down it says unreleased version of ALDTL.

Hi, Bashlets. I didn't realise you also posted on IORR.

If I'd known, I'd have waited for you to raise this thread. Sorry!

Date: March 7, 2010 22:42

marclaff
For me, according amazon, Plundered my soul is the only unreleased track of this 7 single.
Limited 7 inch vinyl single with the tracks 'Plundered My Soul', b/w 'All Down The Line'. The B-side is one of the previously unreleased tracks from the 'Exile On Main St', 2010 reissue. 2 tracks

What do you mean ???? It says that "All Down The Line" is the b-side. That's what b/w means. It also specifically says that the B-side is one of the previously unreleased tracks from the ' Exile on Main Street ' 2010 reissue.

That doesn't leave any room for speculation unless the information is blatantly inaccurate.

Date: March 7, 2010 22:47

In other words, a typical Stones B-side - an LP track.

Date: March 7, 2010 23:27

skipstone

There have been several B-sides over the years that were non-album (1970-present)...

Let It Rock [Live]
Through the Lonely Nights
Everything Is Turning to Gold
Beast of Burden [Live]
I Think I'm Going Mad
Wish I'd Never Met You
Fancy Man Blues
Cook Cook Blues
Play With Fire [Live]
Undercover of the Night [Live]
2000 Light Years From Home [Live]
Jump on Top of Me
I'm Gonna Drive
The Storm
So Young
All Down the Line [Stripped]
Black Limousine [Stripped]
Live With Me [Stripped]
Tumbling Dice [Stripped]
Gimme Shelter [Stripped]
Any Way You Look at It
Before They Make Me Run [Live]

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 8, 2010 00:18

Excuse my ignorance but when and where was Before They Make Me Run released as a B-side?

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 8, 2010 00:24

2006. "Biggest Mistake" B-side.

Date: March 8, 2010 01:00

marclaff

Your interpretation, Marc, would mean that 'Plundered My Soul' is not going to be on the bonus CD, which is not the case. Its already been confirmed that this track WILL be on the CD.

The way its worded is a bit clumsy, but I'm pretty sure that its indicating that one of the two songs will not be included on the bonus CD - namely 'All Down the Line'

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 8, 2010 01:23

Gazza
marclaff

Your interpretation, Marc, would mean that 'Plundered My Soul' is not going to be on the bonus CD, which is not the case. Its already been confirmed that this track WILL be on the CD.

The way its worded is a bit clumsy, but I'm pretty sure that its indicating that one of the two songs will not be included on the bonus CD - namely 'All Down the Line'
Thanks for clearing that up Gazza. I was just about to ask. I was afraid they were/are gonna try and make people buy 5 different versions of this stuff.with only slight variations.

Date: March 8, 2010 01:55

Gazza
marclaff

In black & white it says that :

1) All Down The Line is the b-side of this single.

2) All Down The Line (the version on this single) is one of the previously unreleased tracks. &

3) All Down The Line (the version on this single) is from the Exile on Main Street 2010 reissue.

If any of the above are not correct then the way it was worded is more than clumsy,it would be worded incorrectly.

If this version of All Down The Line is previously unreleased & NOT included on the 2010 Exile reissue,then it doesn't have much to do with the 2010 Exile reissue other than it might have been uncovered and remastered and/or remixed in the same process as the tracks that are included on the new reissue of the album.

That statement really doesn't say anything about "Plundered My Soul" other than it's the A-side of the single.

Date: March 8, 2010 02:04

Winning Ugly VXII

2) All Down The Line (the version on this single) is one of the previously unreleased tracks. &

3) All Down The Line (the version on this single) is from the Exile on Main Street 2010 reissue.

If any of the above are not correct then the way it was worded is more than clumsy,it would be worded incorrectly.

If this version of All Down The Line is previously unreleased & NOT included on the 2010 Exile reissue,then it doesn't have much to do with the 2010 Exile reissue other than it might have been uncovered and remastered and/or remixed in the same process as the tracks that are included on the new reissue of the album.

That statement really doesn't say anything about "Plundered My Soul" other than it's the A-side of the single.

2. It clearly says it's an unreleased version of All Down The Line, hence it's part of the 2010 reissue - from the second disc.

That's what you were getting at right?

Date: March 8, 2010 02:09

ajc68
skipstone

There have been several B-sides over the years that were non-album (1970-present)...

Let It Rock [Live]
Through the Lonely Nights
Everything Is Turning to Gold
Beast of Burden [Live]
I Think I'm Going Mad
Wish I'd Never Met You
Fancy Man Blues
Cook Cook Blues
Play With Fire [Live]
Undercover of the Night [Live]
2000 Light Years From Home [Live]
Jump on Top of Me
I'm Gonna Drive
The Storm
So Young
All Down the Line [Stripped]
Black Limousine [Stripped]
Live With Me [Stripped]
Tumbling Dice [Stripped]
Gimme Shelter [Stripped]
Any Way You Look at It
Before They Make Me Run [Live]

You left off the mixes of Don't Stop and Miss You.

Specifically, when 'they' say B-side they mean the one track, which is what I was referring to. I know they have released more than one non-LP track for B-sides but it's been very few. Most of them are LP tracks for the B-side - not B-sides. Of course, I prefer the more than one B-sides that they have done for the past, what, whatever amount of years.

Date: March 8, 2010 04:07

skipstone
Winning Ugly VXII

2. It clearly says it's an unreleased version of All Down The Line, hence it's part of the 2010 reissue - from the second disc.

That's what you were getting at right?

But it doesnt describe 'Plundered My Soul' as being from the 'second disc' - yet we know that this song WILL be on it. If both songs are on the bonus disc, then why does it just single out one of them?

very odd.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home