Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Zeppelin to tour
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 10, 2008 09:58

A report in today's Daily Mirror (UK) suggests that Robert Plant has finally agreed to join Led Zeppelin for a world tour. Here's the report.

Supergroup Led Zeppelin are set to reform for a world tour after their triumphant one-off reunion concert.

The Whole Lotta Love legends, with more than 300 million album sales worldwide, are ready to rock 'n roll again to mark their 40th anniversary this year.

And like the Rolling Stones, they could each make up to £10million.

Fans have been calling for Led Zep to tour after their successful gig at London's 02 Arena last December, which saw Jason Bonham on drums in place of late dad John.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

Singer Robert Plant, 59, was originally opposed to the idea but has been talked round by bandmates Jimmy Page, 64, and John Paul Jones, 62.

A long-time pal, Whitesnake's frontman David Coverdale, said yesterday the tour was "very likely" and he was expecting to be the support act.

David said: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy any day asking my band Whitesnake to support them on their world tour. Am I on board? You bet. Probably worth billions!

"Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones world tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible."

A source added: "A couple of months ago, it looked unlikely because Robert was against the idea.

"But now it looks almost certain. It would either be at the end of this year or early 2009."

Re: Zeppelin to tour
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 10, 2008 10:09

I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 10, 2008 10:48

this is the return of Whitesnake. Last album not bad at all

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 10, 2008 11:09

Hmmm, I thought Plant hated Coverdale after Pagey did that dodgy album with him.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:14

Whitesnake have already returned - they started their own world tour yesterday.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:34

Sounds like Coverdale will say anything to plug his new album ....

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: May 10, 2008 14:57

so , can we watch the real notes from daily mirror?
thanks in advance

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 10, 2008 16:07

letitloose
Hmmm, I thought Plant hated Coverdale after Pagey did that dodgy album with him.

Yeah, he called him David Coverversion.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 10, 2008 16:17

isnt this what they said about a year ago?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 10, 2008 16:24

I'm buying into it, Plant's been on the road with the country babe, probably wants to keep the tour vibe going.... what else is he gonna do? Hit the Pub every night?? (plus food/petrol prices going up is probably freaking him out big time, wants to put away a bit for a "Rainy Day" like all of us.... oh, it already is a rainy day...... whatever......Hey, Hey, Mama/said the way you move/gonna make me sweat/gonna make you groove......)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-10 16:28 by HelterSkelter.

Date: May 10, 2008 16:33

hey i would go see them at giants stadium or the garden, for a reasonable price that is

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 10, 2008 16:55

MSG would be better, nicer acoustics and all..... Tell you one thing, I DEMAND the following -

THE ROVER
NIGHT FLIGHT
HOUSES OF THE HOLY
HOTS ON FOR NOWHERE
ROYAL ORLEANS
IN THE EVENING
ALL OF MY LOVE
I'M GONNA CRAWL
IN THE LIGHT
RAMBLE ON
DANCING DAYS

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 10, 2008 17:07

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 20:34 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 10, 2008 17:44

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reliability of source aside...

Given Robert Plant's comments on David Coverdale in the past, I simply cannot believe he would back Whitesnake supporting Led Zeppelin. Rarely, once they become successful did they have support acts. So why their stance would change now, when they do not need the money or artistic underpinning? People who would go to see Zeppelin now, would go to see them only and could not care a damn about any support act, no matter how good they were.

If you are already worth £80 million (Page and Plant are worth around that), why would £10 million be enough to entice them to jeopardise their reaffirmed legendary status following the O2 gig? The O2 gig saw them, for the first time in their career, recognised by the mainstream media and public (I am generalising), with the acclaim up until then, only bestowed by their fans.

Plant's voice although it has never been better since 1979 (arguably), is probably not as resilient enough to sustain the power required to carry a full 2 hour Zeppelin show on alternate nights. His performance at the )2 was as good as any since the early 1970s, but anyone who witnessed it, will appreciate it required an investment of energy, passion and intensity that is difficult to replicate night after night.

Page has not toured extensively since the days of Page and Plant and that was many moons ago, when he had not succumbed to chronic back trouble.

So, what are is the probability of these guys being able to carry off a "World Tour" of any scale?

If, they decided to do multiple shows at few main cities in each main territory, with a day off in between shows, for perhaps 4 months, I think they could come out the other side with their musical legacy intact. If they tried to pull off something more ambitious, I think they would run into real problems,

SD

Date: May 10, 2008 17:50

hey the stones are worth much more and they keep doing it , right?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 10, 2008 17:53

Sounds fishyfishyfishy. The Whitesnake thing would be flat out AWFUL. Plant is in the middle of his tour w/ A.K., and I doubt he'd suddenly change his tune at this point, after denying for months. The "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy any day..." quote sounds like a joke/ fantasy to me, like when Dave Grohl was dreaming about playing drums with LZ.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 10, 2008 17:54

"Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones world tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible."

What a dull comment! This idiot maybe forgot that Led Zep are even slightly younger than our boys. I'm curious to see what this tour will be like, and if Plant's voice will actually stand the pace...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 10, 2008 18:01

I was only thinking last night that I haven't heard any talk lately about a Led Zep reunion tour and it would not happen after Planty put the kybosh on it maybe !! Also was gonna start a thread on 'Anyone heard of an official DVD of the O2 show coming out' No news about that either.Anyone heard any differant ???

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 10, 2008 18:40

No need for an opening act, just use the standard "An Evening With"
Do a 2 hour show. 8pm ticket time, go on at 8:30 and over by 10:30.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 10, 2008 19:55

Wild Slivovitz

What a dull comment! This idiot maybe forgot that Led Zep are even slightly younger than our boys.

Page is 64..hes about 3 weeks younger than Keith.
Jones is 62 and Plant is 60 this summer

Its not exactly like they're spring chickens.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 10, 2008 20:02

So, competition is back again. That will maybe push The Stones to come back in 2009-2010 to still be #1 in terms of gross revenue. As they have to surrender this place in audience to U2, and now Led Zepp. I guess Sir Jagger ( Keith doesn't care anymore I think ) will be infuriated when he will discover that Zeppelin can fill up 3 or more Wembleys within seconds.

Date: May 10, 2008 20:21

There was a Band (Page, Plant, Jones) meeting held in January in London to discuss a possible Zeppelin tour and releasing the O2 DVD amongst other business affairs. Plant was the only one who did not want to tour Zeppelin and used his veto to block the idea. Page and Plant vetoed the releasing the O2 DVD.
Page, Jones and Jason Bonham rehearsed and jammed in London last month, said to be experimenting with new material. Plant was preoccupied with Alison Krauss and did not participate.

SD

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 10, 2008 20:31

Does that mean David Coverdale "could" replace Plant ?

The Sour Grapes tour

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 10, 2008 20:58

Trademark. Trademark is irrepressible.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 10, 2008 23:13

trainarollin
Does that mean David Coverdale "could" replace Plant ?

The Sour Grapes tour

If that happened, Plant would never speak to Page again.

I say Plant comes out to put a stop to these rumers saying nothing's gonna happen.
But then in 3 months everything might change. Just my prediction.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 11, 2008 00:02

Plant was on Later with Jools Holland and denied it on the live show on tuesday,I recorded the extended version from last night , not watched it back yet though .

Date: May 11, 2008 00:06

JUST TELL ZEP TO CHECK OUT THE STONES ON TOUR TO SEE HOW IT IS DONE, and if page and plant need some pointers they can call mick for advice, it aint as easy as it looks folks

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: May 11, 2008 06:40

thanks urbansteel!
hope they come to mexico!
and also if they tour , ill be following them on the usa!!
yeah

Date: May 11, 2008 11:47

Melillo

With respect, if you had seen the Stones over three shows at the O2 Arena in August 2007 and then Zeppelin at the same venue for one show in December 2007, you would comprehend the misguided nature of your statement.

SD

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: May 11, 2008 12:57

Plant surely can have some advice from Jagger, 'cause performancevise Plant is lightyears from Jagger. Plant is boring on stage.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1387
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home