Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Lost my little mate today
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 20, 2010 11:16

Today i said goodbye to my little mate of 17 years, Lucky.
Lucky had become blind and deaf and was starting to become distressed and a bit lost at home, so me and the wife decided it was time to visit the vet.
At the moment we are in shock, we have spoken briefly about it, but we decided today to call the vet at midday, and by 12.30 our best friend was gone.
God I miss him.
We both feel sick today, confused, sad and totally lost.
I have been reading up on grief and know these stages will pass, but at the moment i feel like shit.

I dont know why, but i just felt the need to post my thoughts, and a couple of pics of our buddy.... who knows it may help me feel a little less sad.

For Luckster - this place is empty, so empty, so empty without you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-20 14:38 by bv.

Re: Lost my little mate today OT
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 20, 2010 11:19

Sorry to read this. I know a pet can become a true friend.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 20, 2010 11:23

I am so sorry. He is a lovely little dog, and I'm sure you gave him the best life a dog could have. I hope you feel better about things soon...

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 20, 2010 11:33

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-05 13:25 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: February 20, 2010 12:57

Sorry to hear that.

And you boogie1969: how old are you?? 15??? boogie off somewhere else

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 20, 2010 13:01

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-05 13:27 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 20, 2010 13:30

Very sorry to read this Deathgod. My condolensces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-20 20:58 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: February 20, 2010 13:41

Edit

My condoleances!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-20 16:49 by Back Of My Palm.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 20, 2010 14:29

I'm very sorry for you, Deathgod. When my daughter's rabbit, who used to run around in the living room, had to put to sleep because nothing could save her, I had to cry a bit too, though it sounds pathetic. But nothing wrong with that. Death is something sad, in any case.

Re: OT: Lost my little mate today
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 20, 2010 15:00

My dog also was 17 when he died. Still remember the day when we had to take him to the vet.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-21 00:12 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 20, 2010 15:09

So sorry to hear, Deathgod.

Lost my 17-year pet a couple of years ago. You have my sympathy.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 20, 2010 15:17

I know exactly how you feel, we're on dogs 4 & 5 right now &, yes, we're going to be heart broken sometime in the future, but for now the joy they give us is indescribable. Came across this poem years ago & it still brings a lump to my throat, hope it helps a little.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: February 20, 2010 15:27

I feel for you. My dog had cancer when he was six and nearly died a few times at that age, but now he's approaching fifteen and I know we've only got a short time with him. Every day he's been around has been a gift, I'm trying to put myself in a frame mind where I can accept that all things must pass, but it's very hard.

Regards,

camper88

p.s. here's a slide show of him accompanied by a song that sums up a lot of the pain and the joy. And that's my dog, Argus--he's a good dog.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 20, 2010 15:35

Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died

-Leonard Cohen

That's a great line, isn't it? Lenny understood that it feels the SAME.

Re: OT: Lost my little mate today-deathgod
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2010 15:57

Oh, shit.

I wish you and your wife all the strength in the world!!
I know how it feels. Talk about it with everyone!!
Good luck
bye jeroen

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 20, 2010 16:03

Sorry for your loss , this unfortunately has happened to most all of us .

Hang in there , in time you'll be able to think of Lucky and smile at some of the memories he provided for your family over the years .

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: February 20, 2010 16:47

Also sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. 17 years of unconditional love is an awesome thing though. It sounds like you were both lucky.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: February 20, 2010 16:50

God bless, Deathgod. Take comfort in the knowledge that Lucky was blessed with someone who truely loved and cared for him. I'm sure he loved you and was thankful for the care you gave him, as you are thankful for the love and companionship Lucky showed you.

You'll be together again.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 20, 2010 17:16

i'm so very sorry for your loss - i went through a similar experience recently, and it brings a lump to my throat reading of your distress.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 20, 2010 17:50

I know a dog can be a much better friend as a human being. Also a dog is a part of the family.

My deepest condoleances for your loss!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 20, 2010 18:53

Deepest condolences. I have lost dogs over the years. They become so close to us, and our cruel fate is that their life cycles are so much shorter than ours. Got my boy Paco with me right now on a sunny Seattle Saturday morning. He's waiting for that moment when I put on my shoes because he knows that's walk time.

Posted by: mark666 ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:11

Sorry for your loss. A lovely dog that I am sure had a great life with you. There are no words only time and happy memories.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:18

Oh, Deathgod I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Lucky was indeed lucky to have a long and happy life with you and to have owners who cared enough to make the decision not to let him go on too long. Remember the happy days

Posted by: caroogie ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:19

Dogs are the best! It's very hard to lose one. My sympathies.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:19

Sorry to hear this, nice looking little doggie.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:22

deepest sympathies, putting down a pet is heart-wrenching.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:32

Pets are family too/ My dog Zeus was a great friend from the time I was 8 until 23. I feel your loss DG. Godspeed...

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:43

As Chris M said above,"Pets are family too".

We give so much love to our pets and we receive it from them too.

Some people simply won't understand when we're not talking about a human being but I wish you and your wife all the best, Deathgod.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 20, 2010 23:59

What a lucky little dog that was to have owners who cared so much. For me, that's your consolation...knowing that you created such a wonderful life for your buddy. You have my deepest sympathy still...I have 3 cats but one I'm VERY attached to and I know what your pain feels like. It's HORRIBLE! Yes, the person who said to talk about it and share your feelings was right. It does help to vent. I recommend getting another best friend, as soon as you feel up to it.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: February 21, 2010 00:05

When you feel that the time is right, pass the love on to another one. Hang in there.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home