Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
These are Strange Times in Stones History
Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:45

More Stones history to be written....These are strange times in Stones History.Could they Boot Ronnie Like They Booted Brian? They Booted Brian for similar things that Ronnie is going through.....We shall see what is yet to be written in The Book Of Stone......hot smiley

Re: These are Strange Times in Stones History
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:48

They's workin' on the EXILE Deeeluxe and that's gunna be a real slice of history ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:57

Oh Yeah........Cant wait...The stones will Roll on..and the question lingers: Is Taylor involved?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-19 05:59 by Keefy.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 19, 2010 06:06

Of course they could boot Ronnie, for the very same reason. If he can't be insured, he can't tour.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: February 19, 2010 07:12

My guess is that it's all over, but no one's saying anything. The recent Charlie Watts interview seemed to indicate that much. Unless Keith has a miraculous return to form, what's the point?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 19, 2010 09:24

I saw a clip from the 02 show in '07 today where Jagger says something like "we're not going to tour anymore, but we'll do something". Anyone have anymore on that?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 19, 2010 09:37

What a drag it is getting old....

(Jagger/Richards)

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: February 19, 2010 09:42

Rockman
They's workin' on the EXILE Deeeluxe and that's gunna be a real slice of history ...

They aren't working on anything. They no longer work together since they are no longer a group or a band, but a corporation run by Mick Jagger and to varying degrees, Michael Cohl. Someone is working on the Exile deluxe, supposedly Mick, but again, it ain't them. Mick realized a long time ago he can make shiteloads of money running things autocratically, so the days of seeing Mick and Keith hunkered down in a studio actually collaborating are long gone, never to return.

Date: February 19, 2010 10:14

Well guess you'll never read this ...cause ya did write somwehere
way back that you make a statement and then never go back to that thread again...

But truthfully man are you ever happy about anything ? ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 19, 2010 10:35

What we have wittnessed from 1989 on is actually nothing but a VEEEEERRRYYYYY LLLLOOOOOOONNNNNGGG footnote to the story of greatest rock'n'roll band in the world. Like Charlie said in the recent interview leaving the band now doesn't mean anything because there is no such a thing to leave. They've been semi-retired for ages now, and they gather together every two-three years or something when the Dutch-based enterprise decides to do so. Then they see who is interested or capable to do a tour and who is not. They are nowadays lazy and comfortable enough to postpone a tour if one of the semi-pensioners is no in a condition to tour - and seemingly the corporation having no energy enough to find a suitable a candidate to replace him. The 'band' will finally be over when there will an annual meeting of the corporation where there s no one showing up, or no one is showing interest to do anything anymore. The world will know that years later.

Rockman, why to romantice this? But of course, we are romantic people...smileys with beer

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-19 10:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 19, 2010 12:48

Keith can no longer play.

Date: February 19, 2010 12:56

Doxa
What we have wittnessed from 1989 on is actually nothing but a VEEEEERRRYYYYY LLLLOOOOOOONNNNNGGG footnote to the story of greatest rock'n'roll band in the world. Like Charlie said in the recent interview leaving the band now doesn't mean anything because there is no such a thing to leave. They've been semi-retired for ages now, and they gather together every two-three years or something when the Dutch-based enterprise decides to do so. Then they see who is interested or capable to do a tour and who is not. They are nowadays lazy and comfortable enough to postpone a tour if one of the semi-pensioners is no in a condition to tour - and seemingly the corporation having no energy enough to find a suitable a candidate to replace him. The 'band' will finally be over when there will an annual meeting of the corporation where there s no one showing up, or no one is showing interest to do anything anymore. The world will know that years later.

Rockman, why to romantice this? But of course, we are romantic people...smileys with beer

I'm with the Rockman on this whole issue. Yeah, of course since '89 this has been a very log footnote (good phrase Doxa)in their history, and I'm no fool; I know what's going down. But today,when thinking of the Stones I choose to focus on the upcoming "Exile", or Keith with the Winos, the SW Outtakes, "How Can I Stop" - the remaining flashes of brilliance.

- Doxa

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 19, 2010 13:32

I think calling them lazy is a bit strong after 97-99, 2002-3 and 2005-7 on tour.

However they are old men and have earned the right to retire. Also they have nothing else to achieve now, and don't say another great album because they've already made a lot of great albums.

Date: February 19, 2010 14:20

we are romantic people......

So right Doxa .... 'cause it sure can tangle up those who keep it hid....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 19, 2010 14:23

My feeling is that they'll tour in 2012 , 50th Anniversary Tour .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 19, 2010 14:30

baxlap
My guess is that it's all over, but no one's saying anything. The recent Charlie Watts interview seemed to indicate that much.

He didnt say or suggest anything of the sort, other than to state the obvious which is that the band havent done anything for quite a while.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:03

That we can hope for a Stones tour is amazing and wonderful in and of itself. If they decide to do it, I think it shows a lot of ...courage.

It would seem that 2012 and a Golden Anniversary Tour are in order.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:18

Actually good times, PR wise: Ronnie in the headlines, Charlie touring, Keith with Johny Depp - so, only Mick needs to write the next Stones long player.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:26

baxlap
My guess is that it's all over, but no one's saying anything. The recent Charlie Watts interview seemed to indicate that much. Unless Keith has a miraculous return to form, what's the point?

exactly

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:36

"...These are strange times in Stones History.Could they Boot Ronnie Like They Booted Brian? They Booted Brian for similar things that Ronnie is going through.....We shall see what is yet to be written in The Book Of Stone....."

-OK.And year 2050 we are remembering "those were the days" in 2010's.
Actually,then there is 5th stones guitarist in band.MAybe he is called "youngest one".
Jagger,107,says its refreshin to work with someone who knows ways of today music.
Charlie Watts,109,is silent when asking about guitarist nr.4 who passed away in his 80's.There is rumors around about (finaly sober)Ron Wood,103,replacing guitarist nr.5.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:44

the big dissapointment is the stones have done nothing since august 2007 which was 2 years and 6 months ago, and even if they do tour again it is unlikely to be later this year at the earliest so even then it would be well over 3 years since they last done anything musically.

i feel that the time lapse is too much for this band who must have known that they are running short on time anyway.

maybe they have been planning for something big in 2012 all along, heres hoping.

personally i just wish the stones would tell us either way, either its over or theres more to come just let us know now and put us out of our misery as we are all fed up with years of endless speculation.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 19, 2010 18:05

"Keith can no longer play."

Love it. Like you have any idea!!

Leave 'em be. Hardly any other band is active after nearly 50 years....

No big deal, enjoy what you've got

Date: February 19, 2010 18:13

ablett

ok - he longer IS playing, whether he can or not

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: February 19, 2010 18:13

Ablet
That's the way I feel too, I'm glad I've been around for the ride with'em.
They have nothing to prove to anyone, they've done that more than once.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 19, 2010 18:37

ablett

With respect albett anyone who has listened with an objective ear would have to conclude that Keith can't play guitar well anymore. I take no pleasure in saying this but the evidence is fairly clear...

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: February 19, 2010 18:37

Rockman
Well guess you'll never read this ...cause ya did write somwehere
way back that you make a statement and then never go back to that thread again...

But truthfully man are you ever happy about anything ? ....

Haha, your right Rockman, I did say that, but it depends on how big of a bastard I'm being in a post. If I feel something I say is particularly harsh, I'll stay away because I think any argument where you have to type everything out is just stupid. Like most people, it's hard for me not to reply back to things. I felt like I wasn't being one in this case, just stating how I feel things are, which I think is shameful. If they can no longer function as a true group or band, then they should just pack it in, I feel. I don't see the point in continuing on. There is that money thing though isn't there? And that's what just kills me, that it's turned into being completely about that. It was always part of it of course, to varying degrees, but at least through the 81/82 tour it wasn't all of it. Now it is.

But to answer your question, no I ain't ever happy about anything when it comes to the current era of the Stones, mostly for the reasons previously stated (also, this is not a great time in my life personally, but that isn't the concern of anyone here, and not a topic that should be discussed here, it isn't relevant).

However, when it comes to almost everything through Undercover, I'm ecstatic about the Stones. They have always rated in my top 5 bands, and for the last 10-15 years, my top 3. They continually jockey for position with Zeppelin and AC/DC, and over the past couple of years have consistently won out. With the exception of Black and Blue and a few other random things, I can't get enough of the pre-Dirty Work Stones. I absolutely love them. The breadth of their work is amazing to me, how they cover so many different genres and styles authentically, while still sounding like the Stones. That's why I'm so unhappy about them now, they are no longer that band.

I realize I shouldn't piss on anyone's cornflakes, but I sometimes I just can't believe the degree to which some people have blinders on about the Stones these days, and sometimes I just can't hold my tongue and have to vent. I have probably said some things that were uncalled for and could have been expressed with more tact (although I make no apologies about my troll-like comments on the off topic threads I feel have no place here, like sports). That wasn't really the case this time though. You weren't really wrong in saying they are working on Exile, they are to at least some degree. I just used your comment as a springboard for mine, I meant no disrespect towards you.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: February 19, 2010 18:41

Again I say, open the vaults! There would be media buzz which might stimulate them to get back in the saddle. They are capable of continuing but no longer have the desirse, at least that's my read.

Date: February 19, 2010 18:47

"With respect albett anyone who has listened with an objective ear would have to conclude that Keith can't play guitar well anymore. I take no pleasure in saying this but the evidence is fairly clear..."

No, KR has got old and can't play as well as he could. Most of a Biggest Bang is superb. Some boots after his fall show that there was a problem. But then if I was in my mid sixties and just had brain surgery I'd struggle!

People here purely exagerate and expect far too much from a band thats done everything and has nowt left to prove bar enjoying themselves.....

Date: February 19, 2010 18:50

ablett
People here purely exagerate and expect far too much from a band thats done everything and has nowt left to prove bar enjoying themselves.....

can you translate this into english?

Date: February 19, 2010 18:51

Can you try and be more funny?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home