Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where is Supertramp
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: March 8, 2008 03:13

Anyone hear what Supertramp are up to these days? I thought they were supposed to put something out this year. That would be great.

Re: Where is Supertramp
Posted by: m1cawber ()
Date: March 8, 2008 03:35

My exact thoughts from a couple of days back!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 8, 2008 04:38

They toured Canada around 2002 without Roger.

Saw Roger in Ringo Starr's All-Star band sometime earlier that year or 2001, He did Logical Song, Take the Long Way Home and Give a Little Bit. He stole the show.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: March 8, 2008 05:07

I saw Roger live at the Albert hall last Oct, he was with a sax player and did all the Supertramp songs. It was Brill!

Date: March 8, 2008 09:51

Yes Roger came last year on his own.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 8, 2008 16:48

tippy2toes
Yes Roger came last year on his own.

....yeah I came last year too, but not on my own.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 8, 2008 16:53

lol!!! you are very naughty!

Date: March 8, 2008 22:01

Yes very naughty, did you tell your girlfriend?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 8, 2008 22:08

Roger played at that royalty show thing last year - did 3-4 Supertramp shows just him, a sax player and a few b/u singers for one song. I thought it was great.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 8, 2008 23:51

In hell, I hope...yech,,,,

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: March 9, 2008 00:38

Supertramp? Lets hope they don't reappear that's all we need another renunion of pasty faced white boys with their high whiny voices.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 9, 2008 02:55

I would love to see Supertramp in the classic line-up with Roger Hodgson, Rick Davies, John Helliwell, Bob Siebenberg & Dougie Thomson.

Have seen Supertramp without Roger in 1986, they were okay. And have seen Roger Hodgson solo on stage in 2000. He was amazing great, he was 100% Supertramp!!!

Date: March 9, 2008 06:37

I think Supertramp were one of the best bands out of the 80's..their songs help my life along.... thanks alot for that.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 9, 2008 06:43

I always liked Supertramp. I even believe BV once said how much he liked Supertramp besides the Stones. The Songs "School" and "Goodbye Stranger" among my favorites.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: peter ()
Date: March 9, 2008 11:12

Roger Hodgson & Rick Davies created wonderful songs when they worked together in Supertramp...when they split, it was Roger's 1st solo lp "In the Eye of the Storm" that captured the spirit that was to be the next Supertramp lp..Rick continued on w/his bandmates but it appeared to me that Roger was needed to continue their legacy...Bryan Ferry also admits that "Boys & Girls" was originally planned as the follow up to "Avalon" with fellow members of Roxy Music and I would have to believe it would have sounded much different....Mick does his solo record & Keith does his...Keith keeps the spirit of the RS intact & Mick's solo output follows a different direction...Supertramp sold a lot of records but really never achieved the concert hysteria in the US that one might expect...if I recall, they rarely performed in large arenas or stadiums despite their huge chart success...except in Fresno...where they ruled !.......peter

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 9, 2008 12:54

"Even in the quietest moments" What a great album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-09 12:55 by leteyer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home