Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones shows in a rainstorm...
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 17, 2010 17:38

I was present at

Paris, Longchamps II 1995. It started during the 2nd song and
lasted near the end. Sometimes I couldn´t even open my eyes
because of the massive rain.

Dallas 1981...Madrid 1982...

Any more?

Re: Stones shows in a rainstorm...
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 17, 2010 17:53

The Hague, Malieveld 1998: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-17 17:53 by Koen.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 17, 2010 17:56

Prague 90 was pouring rain until the moment that skinny little frontman cat had to be on top of the tower
to start Sympathy - the rain turned off like a faucet for that ... the forces of nature working things out among themselves :E

i love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 17, 2010 17:56

Cologne 1999 was a very rainy but fantastic tour final. The last time Keith Richards played as his best. This night belongs to my greatest Stones memories!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 17, 2010 17:58

Bangalore 2003

by urbansteel

Date: February 17, 2010 18:00

>> .Madrid 1982 <<

that wasn't a rainstorm - it was a freakin hurricane or something :E

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:09

81 Dallas was a torrental rainstorm through most of the show...And The Stones gave it all...Incredable show!!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:16

with sssoul
>> .Madrid 1982 <<

that wasn't a rainstorm - it was a freakin hurricane or something :E

''I just wanna make it hard for the interpretor!''. hah! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-17 18:16 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:22

The San Diego show in Feb'98 that was broadcast on the radio took place in pretty horrendous conditions, as I recall. Wasn't there one in San Francisco on either the Licks or Bang tours that took place in a bad storm too? Basle 1990 was during a thunderstorm too, I think.

I was at that second Longchamps show in '95 as well. An incredible downpour, but they played absolutely brilliantly. They looked like hitmen from 'Once Upon a Time in America' with those trenchcoats and big hats. I got absolutely drenched through that night, but the atmosphere was fantastic. The day before they'd played on what must have been the hottest day of the year so I think most of the crowd who went the following day came dressed expecting a repeat.

The second Paris show at the Parc des Princes in 1990 was another good soakathon. As was Sheffield 1999 - which somehow turned out to be the best of the four stadium shows in the UK that week.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:34

Gazza
The San Diego show in Feb'98 that was broadcast on the radio took place in pretty horrendous conditions, as I recall. Wasn't there one in San Francisco on either the Licks or Bang tours that took place in a bad storm too?

the first licks SF show was almost canceled - it didn't rain - but the wind was howling and there was a safety concern.

the 97 oakland shows took place during some inclimate weather too - but it never rained on the lads, which was remarkable, especially considering the monsoon that was striking shortly before they hit the stage on the 3rd show.....

they seem to like to roll the dice with mother nature and play outdoors in the bay area during november

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:34

Pac Bell Park in November 2002 was a deluge right up until the time the Stones came on and then, as if Bog in his Heaven intervened, the rain stopped. Scheduling an outdoor show in the Bay Area in November is just short of madness...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:37

It poured at Sheffield in 2006. But I think it made Mick have an extra bout of energy, so it was all good.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:39

Mick ain't got nuthin on Gene Kelly.

Date: February 17, 2010 18:41

>> Paris, Longchamps II 1995 <<

a beautiful photo from that show [www.iorr.org]

Date: February 17, 2010 18:43

Ah yes with sssoul - very nice. Both photos.

He can't help it.

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:44

Feb 3rd 1998, San Diego. The music didn't die that night, they were MAGNIFICENT.

Date: February 17, 2010 18:46

>> He can't help it. <<

:E :E :E he absolutely can't - it's the way he's made [passing popcorn to CindyC]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 17, 2010 18:49

...probably not a rainstorm but...

Date: February 17, 2010 18:58

Koen
The Hague, Malieveld 1998: [www.iorr.org]

From IORR 34

Photos by Brian Rasic/Rex/Mpress

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:01

StonesTod
Gazza
The San Diego show in Feb'98 that was broadcast on the radio took place in pretty horrendous conditions, as I recall. Wasn't there one in San Francisco on either the Licks or Bang tours that took place in a bad storm too?

the first licks SF show was almost canceled - it didn't rain - but the wind was howling and there was a safety concern.

the 97 oakland shows took place during some inclimate weather too - but it never rained on the lads, which was remarkable, especially considering the monsoon that was striking shortly before they hit the stage on the 3rd show.....

they seem to like to roll the dice with mother nature and play outdoors in the bay area during november
Was that the show Pearl Jam opened? It absolutely poured when they were on,then stopped when the Stones came on.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:02

CindyC
It poured at Sheffield in 2006. But I think it made Mick have an extra bout of energy, so it was all good.

Hi Cindy,

You are on the money-it was a lot of fun that night!

Cheers,

Si.

Date: February 17, 2010 19:05

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod
Gazza

Was that the show Pearl Jam opened? It absolutely poured when they were on,then stopped when the Stones came on.

Yeah, Pearl Jam opened at all 4 Oakland shows in November 1997, I believe.

Regarding the Longchamps show in '95, I seem to remember the much missed Dutch fanzine Stone People Europe publishing some great photos from that gig.

Date: February 17, 2010 19:09

SimonN
CindyC

Hi Cindy,

You are on the money-it was a lot of fun that night!

Si.

Great photos. We were on the same side!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:11

Gazza

Regarding the Longchamps show in '95, I seem to remember the much missed Dutch fanzine Stone People Europe publishing some great photos from that gig.

I have this issue, my scanner is buggered though so can't post em.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:14

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod
Gazza

they opened all four shows...and the skies opened on them.

Posted by: Blondie03 ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:15

...Wolfsburg 1995 was a "trenchcoats and big hats" show, too.
Heavy rain from the first to the last song more or less.
But a very impressive show in this "volkswagen town". Óne big highlight the version of It´s all over now...

...Hannover 1995...heavy rain especially during miss you but a really very, very long version. So "good", that mick mentions this show and the song "as one big memorie" for him in an interview later.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:21

Köln - GER - 1999 (Heavy rain during the concert)
[www.iorr.org]

Zürich - Swiss - 2006 (Heavy rain stopped 30 minutes before concert)

Nijmegen - NL - 2007 (Heavy rain stopped 5 minutes before concert)
[www.iorr.org]

Nice days - will never forget

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-18 19:39 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:48

Second Munich show 1990 was wet wet wet. And yes, Malievield was terrible (weatherwise), also quite a few shows in Europe 1998 were rain shows. Wolfsburg had some heavy showers especially during the first part of the show. I remember at one point the show was interrupted for a few minutes to give some workers the chance to "dry" the stage.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:50

StonesTod
sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod
Gazza

they opened all four shows...and the skies opened on them.

And me at one of them. I was on the field. Got soaked and froze my ass off during the Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-17 19:50 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:50

Typically brief afternoon showers at Boulder, Colorado in '81. Can't remember which show.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1211
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home