Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New York Dolls - Chicago
Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:10

Just got back from seeing the New York Dolls at the Double Door in Chicago. Unbelievable show; these guys are clearly having a blast and the show was stellar. Their latest album, although not a big seller, in my opinion delivers more than A Bigger Bang, and 2 years later still gets heavy rotation in my iPod.

They have a live album coming out that is available at their shows. I just picked it up, it's from a show recorded at the Fillmore just 8 or so weeks ago in Dec 2007 and from one listen to it on the way home from the show I would highly recommend it.

Re: OT: New York Dolls - Chicago
Posted by: peter ()
Date: February 24, 2008 12:38

Can't wait for their return to SF on 3/5...this will be their 3rd appearance in SF since they regrouped..the last visit was Nov.06...thanx for the tip about the 'live'cd offered at these shows...just 9 weeks after the recording ! amazing what can be done if a band wishes to do so!...anyone on the fence concerning going to see the NYDolls will not be disappointed...in fact, they just might be the best 'old school' r&r band on the road these days...I sent my friend to the bar because I didn't want to miss one moment..check them out....Peter

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 24, 2008 15:20

Is it REALLY The New York Dolls? Of the six guys in the band, only David and Syl were there in the 70s. Isn't that like Mick going on tour with Ronnie and three or four new guys and calling it The Rolling Stones?

Cheap tickets, though, and a good enough reason, maybe, to get out of the house and see a show.

Posted by: dandelion22 ()
Date: February 24, 2008 16:09

They should not be missed!
If a cheap ticket is all the excuse you need, get up and go.You will not be disappointed.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 24, 2008 17:54

Sorta with they had or something (no Thunders = no NY Dolls for me) and also that they'd mix in some solo johansen--Funky But Chic, Cool MEtro, etc. But hey, all that said, well worth the time and money. I'm interviewing Johansen for my my radio show next week-i'll post a link

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: February 25, 2008 09:55

The greatest rock 'n roll show I've seen in 30 years other than the Rolling Stones. Steve Conte is one of my favourite guitarists in the world-and he is the most rock 'n roll-LOOKING guy out there. Please come back to the Southeast, you beautiful Dolls.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home