Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cyber Clearout!!
Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:54

Cafaro
Hello Logie

I would like to personally thank you for all of your helpful posts. It is people like you that make this board worth visiting, espescially during the band's downtimes.......which are and will continue to be more and more frequent!

I also think that it was considerate of you to let people know that you are pulling stuff down.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

It's fully appreciated, Cafaro.

And if you've e-mailed me and I haven't got back yet, I'll do my best before the end of the week.

Cheers

Logie

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 17, 2010 19:58

If you posted stuff on this site Does it take up memory on your computer once its on here?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 17, 2010 20:07

ryanpow
If you posted stuff on this site Does it take up memory on your computer once its on here?
No. Only on the hosting site.

Date: February 17, 2010 20:09

In a word, no.

But what my intention was/might be, depending on consultation with others, is re-organising the entire collection so that instead of being scattered around various threads that get forgotten over time, they can be placed in to dedicated and easily locatable (and perhaps sticky) threads.

We could have threads for every tour that the Stones have done, threads for drug-busts, newsworthy incidents etc. though these titles would have to be decided by the IORR community.

That way, they could easily be referenced by anyone who wanted copies, or simply wished to check something or other.

Others have asked for this on numerous occasions and if the Stones are to pack it in, then this stuff need respectful archiving.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 17, 2010 20:11

ChrisM
ryanpow

er ... what that means is that people who post stuff here
first upload it to some hosting site like photobucket or image shack.
then you can take it off your computer if you want to -
but you have to leave it on the hosting site, which can cost money,
and/or have limited capacity, and/or other requirements.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 17, 2010 22:36

thanks for the Info on what is involved in uploading. This discussion reminds me of a while back... I remember there was a thread started that was a list of links to favorite IORR Threads. Like some kind of connections, the farm interview and picture thread, ect... I generally like the minimalist layout of this page but that was a good idea.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-17 22:49 by ryanpow.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 18, 2010 00:46

>> a list of links <<

that's still around: [www.iorr.org]
there's a link to it on the iorr home page, over on the right side - click on "great forum links"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-18 00:49 by with sssoul.

Date: February 18, 2010 01:46

with sssoul
ChrisM
ryanpow

er ... what that means is that people who post stuff here
first upload it to some hosting site like photobucket or image shack.
then you can take it off your computer if you want to -
but you have to leave it on the hosting site, which can cost money,
and/or have limited capacity, and/or other requirements.

The material that I had posted on IORR actually represents a very tiny fraction of what I have available, and interestingly, the hit-rate on the two different servers scored some quite incredible rates; many via this site of course, but a substantial amount through search engines etc.

As a web developer, working in an educational environment, the commercial prospects would actually seem to be quite staggering, taking into account click-rates for advertisement revenue, and, following an offer from an interested party, it is a project that is currently under discussion!

Thank you IORR!!!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 18, 2010 01:52

LOGIE
re-organising the entire collection so that instead of being scattered around various threads that get forgotten over time, they can be placed in to dedicated and easily locatable (and perhaps sticky) threads.

We could have threads for every tour that the Stones have done, threads for drug-busts, newsworthy incidents etc. though these titles would have to be decided by the IORR community.

That way, they could easily be referenced by anyone who wanted copies, or simply wished to check something or other.

Others have asked for this on numerous occasions and if the Stones are to pack it in, then this stuff need respectful archiving.

Great idea LOGIE, one always need to search for somethin'bout the STONESthumbs up
And of course, keep on rollin' with us

HMN

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 19, 2010 22:30

Dedicated to you,Logie :smileys with beer

If I remember well, one of your favorite Stones song is : "Winter"

Some people call me the space cowboy,yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitus of love.
People talk about me, baby
Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong
Well, don't you worry baby
Cause I'm a picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a lover
And I'm a sinner
I play my music in the sun.
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-19 22:50 by SwayStones.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 20, 2010 07:07

LOGIE

The material that I had posted on IORR actually represents a very tiny fraction of what I have available, and interestingly, the hit-rate on the two different servers scored some quite incredible rates; many via this site of course, but a substantial amount through search engines etc.

As a web developer, working in an educational environment, the commercial prospects would actually seem to be quite staggering, taking into account click-rates for advertisement revenue, and, following an offer from an interested party, it is a project that is currently under discussion!

hi LOGIE, you may still think I'm a troll, but I hope not. I'm not one, and never havebeen (and I didn't unmitigatedly defend MARSBAR I just didn't like how people seemed to be piling on him, and basically the same for kleermaker, and what I actually said was bv is consistent with booting people who are rude to him off the board and that it's within his right to do so and that he gives us a lot, for freem and it takes a lot of work to keep up this board - I didn't say anything critical except I don't like when bv closes threads because it's frustrating to be in a convo, even a heated one, and it suddenly is gone; that's all).

I'm writing to say I'm happy to help with your web project, not for $$, but because I love the Stones, think highly of your collection (what I've seen), and have skills/experience that might be useful tp your project, and also am a nice person. Let me know if you need a hand someday.

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-02 11:18 by swiss.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home