Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
do Stones or ex Stones members read this board?
Posted by: Jochem ()
Date: January 22, 2008 03:25

I wonder if they do? anybody? I'm sure Mick Taylor does :>)

Re: do Stones or ex Stones members read this board?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 22, 2008 03:30

I would guess to say yeah.
I would think their staff are always looking at these sites if only for copyright infringements, etc.

Posted by: keefan4ever ()
Date: January 22, 2008 03:30

ya think so??

i dont think keef even knows (or wants to know) what a computer is ...

lol

i doubt it... i can maybe see MJ surfing around a bit but i would bet not too much ... especially in the 'off season' where people here are prtty much just killing time to the next tour right??

why are you sure MT does?

Date: January 22, 2008 03:34

because he has time on his hands and still thinking about why he left. and ofcourse he loves the Taylor versus Wood discussions, I imagine. Also he is into bootlegs of the Stones he once said in an interview. No I'm not sure really just a feeling he is reading this stuff all the time

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2008 03:50

Yeah Dick Taylors on here all the time....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 22, 2008 03:51

one would think it is an excellent way for the Stones to know what their fans think and talk about, maybe if they do read this board it will therefore have some influence on their decisions, probably wishfull thinking I'm afraid...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 22, 2008 05:56

Jochem - try asking Gazza about that.

p

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:06

Jochem
I wonder if they do?

Errr.... Looking at recent setlists, I'd say NO!!

Just kidding, don't worry, calm down....

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:18

Okay, you got me.. I'm Keith Richards

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:26

Why whould they do that? Heard the tap dance forum is a knockout...

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: January 22, 2008 10:21

I know a guy who did an interview with Mick recently. As far as this guy told me, they talked with Mick about the Internet. Mick said that he was not an expert in it, but he was helped by his son to use the net. Anyway, I doubt that Mick doesn' t use the net...

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: January 22, 2008 10:34

How big your ego may be, I still don't believe that anyone follows discussion-boards about themselves. I can imagine that his son showed him IORR as an example of a forum, or that he himself has surfed the net to see what is to be found about him, or the Stones and found IORR that way. But I'm sure he is more than satisfied to know that this exists, and with having a general idea about the topics discussed, but I doubt that he'd extensively read about our opinions on this or that, Taylor, Ronnie, Keith' inability to play Sympathy like he used to, or that he's played JJF better than ever.

However, the topic about his personal highlights: it could be very interesting for him to read what moments people really really have enjoyed the most over the past decades. That must come close to the cheers from a massive audience.

Jelle

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: January 22, 2008 10:41

Rockman

Taylor is a dick? winking smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 22, 2008 10:45

mofur
Rockman

Taylor is a dick? winking smiley

lol- go see Dick Taylor and The Pretty Things, if they play your town.
He, Phil May and the band are blisteringly good, and currently putting in some fantastic performances.

Date: January 22, 2008 11:05

You know...this thread gave me an idea... the next time the Stones, or any single Stone does one of those webcast interviews like they've done in the past (i.e. AOL), then that would be a great question to e-mail or phone in.
They (the interviewing team) typically take questions from fans and screen them before asking the Stones the question.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: January 22, 2008 11:09

This topic brings me to think about the relation between the Stones members and their fans.
If I go back to the 60's I note that there were often organized meetings with the fans but later on this habit finished.

Last year 3 members of the Italian fans Club took part to the Meet & Greet in Rome, before the show and they were treated really bad with recommendations from the staff: don't talk to them, don't ask autograph, don't take pictures, don't touch them, etc. etc. They waited in a room for half an hour, then the stones arrived, few seconds for a picture and goodbye, not a word at all.
You must be a die hard fan to accept such undelicate behaviour.

I remember when they came to Milan and we were no more than 30 people (there were more body guards after all), all in our 40's to 50's, and we were positioned out of the Alcatraz where they were rehearsing for the Milan show. For 30 people only, I think they could come out and shake hands or give us the satisfaction to chat a couple of minutes. Nothing at all. At the end I concluded they suffer of the Lennon syndrome or they just don't care at all. And why they should?

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: January 22, 2008 11:13

Actualy, with Jagger being so "technically minded" and having a digital handicam and ipod especially (itunes downloads)...

I Reckon...
he's probably got a blackberry or Windows mobile device that he VPNs to his network and actually knows the net inside out...

This board would be in his favourites....he would visit on a friday night on his main comp with a bowl full of munchies, some cans of beer, and a couple of 70% minimum cocoa bars of chocolate..

Doughb0y

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 22, 2008 11:21

it's been scientifically proven that Stones don't normally prowl the fan sites themselves,
but people in the staff/entourage do sometimes ... ex-Stones are another story i guess!

Date: January 22, 2008 11:29

Dick Taylor ... Keith Richards Dartford circa 1960....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 22, 2008 12:03

thats a great photo i've not seen before- thanks Rockman

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 22, 2008 12:09

I think they are too much busy (at least MJ) to read our speculations and boring threads.
However the other day, when I started the "(nearly)-almost naked thread", I thought they could have an eye on pictures their brains must have forgotten.. just for fun

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: January 22, 2008 12:45

I'm sure Mick checks every once in a while, with his legendary vanity, and iorr just a mouse click away. Isn't there a scene in Being Mick where he almost snatches one of the British tabloids writing about him from the hands of his daughter Jade?

I remember Mathijs stating a few years ago Mick Taylor said he found him too critical of the current Stones on IORR.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 22, 2008 12:50

I know for a fact that Angela keeps her dad updated on what's going on here. (Keith's not too keen on computers, and preferes fax machines). The Richards camp appreciate BVs work and enthusiasm. Loyalty's very popular. (I've seen a Richards family member wearing an IORR t-shirt.)

Ronnie and his family seem well updated on IORR. I suspect they've even posted here.

Mick's a computer freak - so I'd be surprised if he's not a visitor on a regular basis. He likes to know what's going on.

Charlie - I honestly have no idea. But I think he preferes the Times. Broad sheet.

Members of the backing band visit IORR all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-22 12:53 by Addicted.

Date: January 22, 2008 13:03

so hello Mick, Keith camp, Ronnie kind Wood, Bobby, Daryl, Lisa, M. Davis, T. Ries, K. Smith, Chuck, Blondie, de Beauport and important others ... glipmse of you

Date: January 22, 2008 13:10

Hey and what about Dave Rouze....he's a good lad...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 22, 2008 13:23

yes and Steve Shepherd (Technical Support), hello to you too
should we start the techical support thread Rockman ?

Date: January 22, 2008 13:29

techical support crew....Wow toomuchfor me now that's alotta
folks to mention.... I ain't got the time but if you do then give it a go...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 22, 2008 13:41

here we go

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 22, 2008 14:22

NumberOneStonesFan
You know...this thread gave me an idea... the next time the Stones, or any single Stone does one of those webcast interviews like they've done in the past (i.e. AOL), then that would be a great question to e-mail or phone in.
They (the interviewing team) typically take questions from fans and screen them before asking the Stones the question.

Already been done. In the AOL interview he did in early 1998, Mick was asked if he ever checked out the Stones message board (I think they primarily meant the BTB official one) and he said he occasionally had a quick look and found the spats funny.

Keith and Charlie were asked similar questions and both expressed absolutely zero interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-22 14:23 by Gazza.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 22, 2008 14:26

with sssoul
it's been scientifically proven that Stones don't normally prowl the fan sites themselves,
but people in the staff/entourage do sometimes ... ex-Stones are another story i guess!

Yep. Their legal people monitor fansites regularly.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1558
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home