Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

American Tour 1972 Boxset
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 9, 2010 19:40

Not cheap...

[cgi.ebay.de]

Re: American Tour 1972 Boxset
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: February 9, 2010 19:52

this is a shame, how should anyone pay 300 euros for 10 cd-r, unofficial and illegal, available to download for free?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 9, 2010 20:19

I have this boxed set on silvers . I think I paid about £90 in 2000/01 for a new copy.It is a fantastic collection,but for me paying for boots (especially cds) is over.

Still tempted by the odd tasty vinyl though !

sc uk

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 9, 2010 20:20

I wish the Stones would release a box set like that. Just think of all of those shows with glossy photos, liner notes, poster, etc..

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 9, 2010 20:31

straycatuk
I have this boxed set on silvers . I think I paid about £90 in 2000/01 for a new copy.It is a fantastic collection,but for me paying for boots (especially cds) is over.

If you bought it in 2001, you have the Rattlesnake box.....I also have that one ; and it's a great compilation

The one in that ebay add is a "new" bootleg...and a poor one at that; it's to be avoided, for sure. A lot of the recordings are avilalble in better quality elsewhere
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-09 20:31 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 9, 2010 20:36

Yes it is the rattlesnake. They released a lot of good stuff. 1981 tour box (ride with the wind) and 1975 box (missing jewels) were both great.

sc uk

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: February 9, 2010 21:11

This WLR box is on silvers. But it's very bad. Don't buy it! And the price is ridiculous, I paid 70 Euro and that was way too much for that trash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-09 21:15 by midnrambler.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: February 9, 2010 23:02

Erik_Snow
straycatuk

If you bought it in 2001, you have the Rattlesnake box.....I also have that one ; and it's a great compilation

I had this Rattlesnake set and many of the songs had cut-offs & false starts/restarts. If I remember correctly, JJF on Disc One is a good example of a cut off & restart.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-09 23:15 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: February 9, 2010 23:24

farawayeyes2
how should anyone pay 300 euros

...it was a bidding, wasn't it?! An auction; so not a fixed price... Some people aparantly wanted to pay that much.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 10, 2010 12:16

@Silverdagger; if you're reading this....
the bootlegers has put your London 1973 recording to vinyl it seems
It's ridiculous to see how the price varies....some sellers want 4 times the price of others. You should demand a free copy! Just search for "dancing with mr j" on ebay
(no I haven't/won't purchase it.....I'm not buying digital recordings on vinyl)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-10 12:21 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 10, 2010 13:01

It's a total waste of $. I got the thing for free; and passed it on. The quality is terrible; real shoddy workmanship is all I can say. The figure you are blinded by the Box Set treatment, but in truth all of us probably have this set anyway. In different discs etc, and in way better quality.

Date: February 10, 2010 13:29

Filip020169
farawayeyes2

...it was a bidding, wasn't it?! An auction; so not a fixed price... Some people aparantly wanted to pay that much.

The problems is: not all poeple know about IORR and similar places. Me, i bough bootlegs and paid for it for years, before discovering places to download them online for free.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 10, 2010 18:07

farawayeyes2
Filip020169
farawayeyes2

The problems is: not all poeple know about IORR and similar places. Me, i bough bootlegs and paid for it for years, before discovering places to download them online for free.

Some of us "old timers" who grew up in the vinyl age like to have a real vinyl album or nice new shiny silver disc cd to hold in their hands as opposed to just doing a digital download......It will be sad day for me if physical media should go away and only digital downloads are available but I think this is inevitable.............

Date: February 10, 2010 18:17

totally agree with u oldschool, and im one of those "old timers". So i bought, for example, the very expensive vinyl box set of Get Yer Ya Ya's Out. But this is another thing, we speaking about ILLEGAL and UNOFFICIAL stuff, and those guys who make this stuff dont have the rights to do it.

Posted by: Keyman ()
Date: February 10, 2010 18:27

Cost € 60,00 (Euro)!

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 10, 2010 18:45

farawayeyes2
we speaking about ILLEGAL and UNOFFICIAL stuff, and those guys who make this stuff dont have the rights to do it.

They don't have the right to do it, but you are happy to download their work, don't you?
Some people are really strange.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 10, 2010 18:47

agree those rattlesnake boxes are great

Date: February 10, 2010 18:58

mitch
farawayeyes2
we speaking about ILLEGAL and UNOFFICIAL stuff, and those guys who make this stuff dont have the rights to do it.

They don't have the right to do it, but you are happy to download their work, don't you?

Exaclty Mitch. they dont have the legal rights to make money with it, and i can dowload them for free. I never dowloaded anything official.

Date: February 10, 2010 19:00

farawayeyes2
mitch
farawayeyes2

Exaclty Mitch. they dont have the legal rights to make money with it, and i can dowload them for free. I never dowloaded anything official.

2 cents moral...

Date: February 10, 2010 19:04

Its point of view. To me, paying people for illegal things, and so improving their market, only cuz "im happy to have the product", that's 2 cents moral.

Date: February 10, 2010 19:29

Of course, I encourage bootlegers to improve the market and find new tapes...
You just want the same result, but for free. (you are embarrassed to pay for those horrible things, but you have no problem to dl from somebody who bought it...)
I assume, you don't.
You refer to legality? I only see hypocrisy.

Date: February 10, 2010 19:45

mitch
(you are embarrassed to pay for those horrible things, but you have no problem to dl from somebody who bought it...)

You keep on sayin things i never said. the bootlegs are actually GREAT,but no one should make money with it, cuz they dont own and is not legal. Bootleg should be passed from fan to fan, for free, a bit like the spirit of this website.

Anyway, its not really my intention convincin u in something. I like opinions XD So "2 cents moral, hypocrisy" and all this stuff, keep it for yourself.
Peacesmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-10 19:51 by farawayeyes2.

Date: February 10, 2010 20:23

farawayeyes2
Bootleg should be passed from fan to fan, for free, a bit like the spirit of this website.

Yes, maybe.
But in reality, without the bootlegs labels, no Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue, no Hillside Blues, no Bedspring, no Accidents, no Bright Lights, no Key To The Highway... That's why I don't "spit in the soup", even if it is "illegal".
A lot of uncirculated stuff still circulate among high grade collectioners.
You/We have have hardly any chance to get an ear on it unless it get released by a boot label or have something REALLY rare to trade...
Sometimes, a uncirculated tape appears here on iorr, but mostly by accident... (The Steel Wheels Beta Mixes were delivered by the roadie widow)
Nothing is free actually, that's what I wanted to say.

Peace.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 10, 2010 22:20

straycatuk
but for me paying for boots (especially cds) is over.

Spot on. Never again thanks to this site!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: February 10, 2010 22:49

jamesfdouglas
straycatuk
but for me paying for boots (especially cds) is over.

Spot on. Never again thanks to this site!

AGREED. As long as kind-hearted people like UrbanSteel continue to post shows on this board, I/we will always have plenty of CDs.

As for LPs, I will continue to buy those eye rolling smiley

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home