Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Page calls Tyler's Zep audition "shambolic"
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 6, 2010 23:37

Re: OT: Page calls Tyler's Zep audition "shambolic"
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 6, 2010 23:42

Imho Zep's career WAS shambolic (past say 1971 or 72) a bloated slow "rock" machine that could play for 3 hours (75-77) but couldn't give you goosebumps...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 7, 2010 00:07

Never knew this happened.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 7, 2010 00:23

Shambolic is a word?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 7, 2010 01:12

I guess with all the rehab drugs Stevie was on he was maybe, oh, I dunno, let's say shambolicious...shamboozled...shambastic...shamtastic...

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 7, 2010 01:54

champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: February 7, 2010 02:12

Must have been tough for Joe Perry, but still it's a crazy idea to find another singer and pretend it's Aerosmith.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 7, 2010 04:05

All they have to do is get Ann Wilson,put a curly blond wig on her and nobody could tell the difference! Seriously,she can nail Plants vocals-she's been doing it for years.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 7, 2010 04:27

scottkeef
All they have to do is get Ann Wilson,put a curly blond wig on her and nobody could tell the difference! Seriously,she can nail Plants vocals-she's been doing it for years.

Yeah, except it would look like two Plants.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2010 04:31

Zep should consider Susan Boyle .........

ROCKMAN

Date: February 7, 2010 06:17

scottkeef
Whatever. Jimmy need to get somebody and get his ass on the road. Their are a lot of people who want to hear Zep music in one form or another.

Date: February 7, 2010 09:57

sweetcharmedlife
scottkeef
Whatever. Jimmy need to get somebody and get his ass on the road. Their are a lot of people who want to hear Zep music in one form or another.
Page playing the Zep tunes with Black Crowes is it. I think the "Physical Graffiti" tunes pl;ayed at that gig sound almost better than with Zep. Page seems to be digging it immensely.
In the same link I read that Paul Rodgers is considered to take over for Tyler in Aerosmith; has he become like the go-to-guy for classic rock bands in need of a singer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-07 10:14 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 7, 2010 14:59

Latest rumour on the Classic Rock website has Sammy Hagar taking the helm but his manangers just laughed at the rumour

[www.classicrockmagazine.com]

Billy Idol was also rumoured

Strange stuff.........

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 7, 2010 16:16

surprised tyler would do something like that, loyalty in question IMO

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 7, 2010 16:27

Roth!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 7, 2010 16:28

Elmo Lewis
Roth!

Doesn't have the vocal range..........

Date: February 7, 2010 16:29

melillo

Ego in question as well.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 7, 2010 16:34

scottkeef

It's not as impressive - she's a woman. Of course she can hit those high notes.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 7, 2010 16:44

melillo

Not really. He saw it as a good career move. Zeppelin is a bigger "company" than Aerosmith. Everyone strives to get to that next level. Paul Rodgers's decision to join Queen, on the other hand, seems like a lateral move at best. Likewise the possibility of him joining Aerosmith.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 7, 2010 16:44

Plant sure can't hit the high notes anymore-just listen to the last reunion concert!

Date: February 7, 2010 16:46

jamesfdouglas
scottkeef

It's not as impressive - she's a woman. Of course she can hit those high notes.

Gosh, if I was a woman, I might be offended at the way these points were taken.

Visuals are important for a stage act IMO, and I could possibly see a woman doing this, just don't know who that could be.

Date: February 7, 2010 16:55

sweetcharmedlife
Shambolic is a word?

It's not in my dictionary. I assume Page meant to say Tyler's audition was "a shambles" (a scene or condition of great destruction or disorder) and not a "sham" (an imitation that is meant to deceive; counterfeit). Of course, a version of Led Zeppelin featuring Steven Tyler WOULD be a sham, but I wouldn't expect Page to admit that, since it was probably HIS idea to have to have Tyler audition.

There was a great racehorse named Sham. Might have won the Triple Crown in '73 had it not been for an even greater racehorse named Secretariat. When Secretariat broke the track record in the Derby, Sham, finishing second, and beaten by two and a half lengths, also broke the track record.

Date: February 7, 2010 17:00

Why the offense? It's a generalization of course. Women, generally, have higher ranges than men do.

If a man pushes his upper register (not falsetto) to those big, belted notes (ie; cretain songs recorded by Freddy Mercury, Steve Tyler, Steve Perry, Robert Plant) it's taking him more strength and effort to hit those notes than for a woman to hit those excat same ones.

Unless the music itself is being pitched up in a higher key for the female singer on those songs, than it's less impressive. Like when Ann & Nancy Wilson covered 'The Battle of Evermore' as The Fearmongers - they played it in the same key as Zep. Ann's singing the same notes as Robert. She's in tune of course - she's a great singer, but she doesn't have to use as much effort or skill to hit the same notes as Robert - it's already a biologically higher voice than his.

There's nothing sexist at all by my comment or reasoning.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 7, 2010 18:24

Love Zep in the studio live I don't really like them

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 7, 2010 18:37

that would be like charlie going to audition for the WHO, which would be a disgrace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-07 18:38 by melillo.

Date: February 7, 2010 20:25

tatters
melillo

Not really. He saw it as a good career move. Zeppelin is a bigger "company" than Aerosmith. Everyone strives to get to that next level. Paul Rodgers's decision to join Queen, on the other hand, seems like a lateral move at best. Likewise the possibility of him joining Aerosmith.
I don't know why Rodgers doesn't just get Mick Ralphs and do a Bad Co reunion instead of joining all these other bands.

Date: February 7, 2010 21:24

slew
Love Zep in the studio live I don't really like them

While I love many Zep boots and most offical live stuff, there's many of their songs which I untimately prefer the studio versions to. Not unlike the Stones, or Pink Floyd for that matter.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 7, 2010 21:39

The high notes aren't a prerequisite for good Zeppelin. Again - Page with the Crowes was a huge surprise to me - in a most positive way.

Date: February 7, 2010 22:12

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
melillo

I don't know why Rodgers doesn't just get Mick Ralphs and do a Bad Co reunion instead of joining all these other bands.

He is. They did a 10-city Bad Co reunion tour last summer. More dates planned for this coming spring

Date: February 7, 2010 22:24

melillo
that would be like charlie going to audition for the WHO, which would be a disgrace

No, it would be more like Zak Starkey going to audition for the Stones. It only makes sense to leave the group you're in if you're going to join a bigger and/or better group. You wouldn't leave Led Zeppelin to join Aerosmith. You'd leave Aerosmith to join Led Zeppelin.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home