Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Page calls Tyler's Zep audition "shambolic"
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 7, 2010 22:42

Mr.Page gets extra publicity for being on the Quaker Oats box.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2010 22:47

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 7, 2010 22:49

yep,thats him! and i think I got my info from a thread here on ioor a ways back. Thanks for that picture Rockman

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2010 22:55

.anytime ...anytime MK

ROCKMAN

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 7, 2010 23:05

tatters
melillo
that would be like charlie going to audition for the WHO, which would be a disgrace

No, it would be more like Zak Starkey going to audition for the Stones. It only makes sense to leave the group you're in if you're going to join a bigger and/or better group. You wouldn't leave Led Zeppelin to join Aerosmith. You'd leave Aerosmith to join Led Zeppelin.

lets not compare zak starkey to steven tyler please

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 8, 2010 12:46

During the 'Cold War' of the mid 80s both Chris Farlowe and Roger Daltry were rumoured to replace Jagger.

Re: even more OT
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 8, 2010 12:58

... don't mind me :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-10 09:39 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: February 8, 2010 13:59

in his latest MOJO interview Mr.Page reveals his thoughts on the "auditions". They (Page, Jones, Bonham Jr.) wanted to keep on playing together, Robert Plant didn't... going out as Led Zeppelin with anyone else singing wouldn't have been right. If that's the reason for aborting the project, or if that's just to hide the fact they couldn't find a suitable singer is a moot point, what's important is that they didn't go ahead as a Plantless Led Zep. Thank god!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 8, 2010 15:20

did anybody catch saturday night live the other night?the band playing featured a bassist that was john paul jones on bass .can anyone elaborate please ?the drummer looked like dave grohl (foo fighters and nirvana ) by the way this band rocked !!!

Date: February 8, 2010 15:50

The Greek
did anybody catch saturday night live the other night?the band playing featured a bassist that was john paul jones on bass .can anyone elaborate please ?the drummer looked like dave grohl (foo fighters and nirvana ) by the way this band rocked !!!
i see there was a other thread .the band is called those crooked vultures .they rocked hard .

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 8, 2010 17:04

The Greek
The Greek
i see there was a other thread .the band is called those crooked vultures .they rocked hard .

They are called THEM Crooked Vultures and they toured and released an album last year. Let's please try and keep up to date!

Date: February 8, 2010 17:19

tatters
The Greek
The Greek

They are called THEM Crooked Vultures and they toured and released an album last year. Let's please try and keep up to date!
my bad.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 8, 2010 21:24

I think a relatively unknown lead singer that would sound awesome is Jack Russell from Great White. They do a cover of Zep's Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and he sounds just as good, if not better, than Plant. I think they released a live album with alot of Zep covertunes a while back.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 8, 2010 21:26

i nominate Scott Weiland. good singer, good stage presence.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 8, 2010 22:57

I really hope it isnt Paul Rodgers. Maybe they can get someone younger and give the rest a kick in the butt.

I would love to Aerosmith with a new vocalist. I think Joe Perry;s new disc is really good and it would be nice to see Aerosmith move back into a rock direction vs the radio lame they have been playing.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 8, 2010 23:19

Chris Robinson should have done it. Not trying to do in the Crowes, but LIVE AT THE GREEK proved he worked well with Page. Wonder if David Coverdale got another shot?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 8, 2010 23:36

all these people need to just stop it-page ,tyler bonzos kid, whoever else.led zeppelin was 4 guys,no more -no less.anyone who doesnt get that doesnt understand the band,the sound,any of it.the only one with any sense is robert plant-it was a moment in time and its gone.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: February 9, 2010 07:51

don't you people read these threads before posting? JP has clearly stated that there won't be a LZ-tour without Robert Plant.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: February 9, 2010 08:18

sweetcharmedlife
Shambolic is a word?

Yes. As in 'shambles'...like the Stones live sound in 1975-76...sloppy, disorderly, wildly chaotic...shambolic...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 10, 2010 02:05

Child Of Clay
If that's the reason for aborting the project, or if that's just to hide the fact they couldn't find a suitable singer is a moot point, what's important is that they didn't go ahead as a Plantless Led Zep. Thank god!

Hear hear. No Plant, no Zep.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 10, 2010 02:25

jamesfdouglas
Hear hear. No Plant, no Zep.
more like, no John Bonham, no Zep. that's the way it should be.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 10, 2010 02:53

Turd On The Run
sweetcharmedlife
Shambolic is a word?

Yes. As in 'shambles'...like the Stones live sound in 1975-76...sloppy, disorderly, wildly chaotic...shambolic...
Sorry I asked.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 10, 2010 06:27

No Plant = JPJ was free to join/form Them Crooked Vultures so that's a GOOD thing!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 10, 2010 06:58

No Plant no Zep

No Tyler no Aerosmith

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home