Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: She's So Cold 1982
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 24, 2010 18:52

That is the point, how BAD it is live. Period. And not just that 1982 performance, which is top notch awful. Brilliantly horrible. It's fantastic.

Not talking about the studio versions.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: January 24, 2010 20:43

Musically...a bore unless you like strumming. Lyrically...This is a song from a mature band that has been performing for almost two decades? I have an idea! Maybe they should write a song about her being hot!

This is the band recreating itself to a new, younger demographic. I cannot imagine Lennon writing such dishonest tripe.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 24, 2010 21:02

Mathijs
Richards was coked up for many shows (to the extent that T&A was ommitted on several shows),
Mathijs

accoarding to RO it wasn't played at one show, Tourin, Italy. Has this been attributed to use of Coke?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 24, 2010 21:20

pmk251
Lyrically...This is a song from a mature band that has been performing for almost two decades? I have an idea! Maybe they should write a song about her being hot!

lol... good idea!

This is the band recreating itself to a new, younger demographic. I cannot imagine Lennon writing such dishonest tripe.

hmm, here I don't get you--why is Lennon a relevant comparison? And have you heard his solo albums? Plenty of tripe on there, imo.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 24, 2010 21:43

pmk251
Musically...a bore unless you like strumming. Lyrically...This is a song from a mature band that has been performing for almost two decades? I have an idea! Maybe they should write a song about her being hot!

Indeed.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 25, 2010 01:35

Back's up Bill Wyman's old quote that the Stones were not afraid to make mistakes on stage back in the day! This is full of them!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 25, 2010 01:40

there's something about the mix of this recording that doesn't help. THe guitars sound distant. So even when its played right it sounds a bit off. Other than the F up at the begining this version sounds the same as 81 to me.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: January 25, 2010 18:10

with sssoul
open-g
Well it's a train wreck only in the beginning...and heck, it's Charlie's fault! eye popping smiley

ohh thank you open-g honey - most of the critics' section seem to assume it must be Keith who screwed the pooch
but he didn't didn't didn't (yeah yeah) :E have some rice krispies

this by the way is the She's So Cold about which Nick Kent claimed Keith forgot the opening,
threw off his guitar, leapt onto the drum riser and then punched Ronnie in the face.
and Nick Kent got paid for writing that crap. and then other writers copied it all over the place.

"and then other writers copied it all over the place"

- yeah, Victor Bocris included. I was wondering about another questionable anecdote from the same tour he (Nick) mentions, Keith's 20 minute guitar solo in "You can't always get what you want"? ("at another show, in Scandinavia, Richards deliberately hijacked the cherry-picker platform..." ) ... wonder if there's a boot of that show floating around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-25 18:11 by Milan.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: January 25, 2010 18:37

Great that they weren't afraid of making mistakes back then. Mistakes just are part of live shows. Much more interesting tours back then when compared to post 1988 tours. The most horrible thing to see in 1989 were the back-up vocalists. Always liked 1981/82 tours...

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 25, 2010 18:42

She So's Cold was also a train-wreck on opening night at Fenway Park in 2005. The audience was singing along - correctly - and the band kept screwing up. Great show - but this song was seemed under rehearsed.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 29, 2010 14:54

Shawn20 - Under rehearsed probably why I enjoued it so much!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 29, 2010 15:24

This performance actually is indiscussible. Musically it is very bad. I am glad they performed better from 89 on, they played lightyears better than that. The video is amusing at least.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 29, 2010 16:20

>> another questionable anecdote from the same tour he (Nick) mentions, Keith's 20 minute guitar solo <<

the gallant Stones Vikings have confirmed that that never happened either.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 29, 2010 18:01

with sssoul

this by the way is the She's So Cold about which Nick Kent claimed Keith forgot the opening,
threw off his guitar, leapt onto the drum riser and then punched Ronnie in the face.
and Nick Kent got paid for writing that crap. and then other writers copied it all over the place.

Did he not claim that he did it because RONNIE messed up the intro?

Anyway,whatever it was, yep..thats the same performance where according to Kent, Ronnie got a punch in the face during the intro. Presumably the camera was pointed the other way at the time. You can really tell from his facial expression that he looks like a man who's just been thumped. eye rolling smiley

72,000 other people seemed to have missed the incident as well. Quite remarkable.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 29, 2010 18:03

Milan
with sssoul
open-g
Well it's a train wreck only in the beginning...and heck, it's Charlie's fault! eye popping smiley

ohh thank you open-g honey - most of the critics' section seem to assume it must be Keith who screwed the pooch
but he didn't didn't didn't (yeah yeah) :E have some rice krispies

"and then other writers copied it all over the place"

- yeah, Victor Bocris included. I was wondering about another questionable anecdote from the same tour he (Nick) mentions, Keith's 20 minute guitar solo in "You can't always get what you want"? ("at another show, in Scandinavia, Richards deliberately hijacked the cherry-picker platform..." ) ... wonder if there's a boot of that show floating around.

There is, and yet again, Kent's statement is proved to be utter garbage. 20 minute guitar solos, ffs....

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 29, 2010 18:16

What Ive always liked about the Stones is they are not "Perfect" on stage and screw up,its just ...well The stones!But i do love seeing and hearing brilliant musicians in other bands live and wishing HELL!!! wish I could play like thatconfused smileyBut this song by the Stones I dont like much,same with SHATTERED,dont like that either,what I call album fillers.As everyone has noticed on this video,its a major timing screw up at the start,embaressing but kinda "You have to smile as Charlie and bill are.eye popping smileysmoking smiley

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: January 29, 2010 19:34

Hmmmmm..........

Worst R&R Band in the world.....

Time to take a 7-year live sabbatical..............

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 30, 2010 17:26

>> Did he not claim that he did it because RONNIE messed up the intro? <<

nope, he claimed Keith punched Ronnie because Ronnie had failed to cover for him in his hour of need -
and that he punched him so hard that Ronnie nearly fell off the stage, mind you! eye rolling smiley
the only explanation i can imagine is that Nick Kent passed out for large segments of the shows,
and then people who thoroughly disliked him had fun telling him what he'd missed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-30 17:31 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home