Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I'm living with theses memories - the party
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 4, 2007 18:28

We are july 25th 1998, the band just hit the Stade de France and was the very first (well, in fact the opening act, Jean-Louis Aubert was the one !) to play in the Stade de France, just 2 weeks after the world football cup.

I am infront the Plaza Athenee in Paris after the show (the band is always staying at the George V hotel but it is now a Four season one, some huge building works are on their way - so the band stays at the Plaza). Of course Mick's birthday is in minds.
I hope to see some guests this night.

In fact I wait for hours with other fans and we hear some music coming from a window at the groundfloor. The party begins.
During the night we hear some guitars but it is not clear enough to recognize something.

Around 3 in the morning, I am too tired and decide to come back home.
The next day... argh !!! I am told that the band allowed the only few fans who were here at 4 am to go inside. A pass was given to each one with the order not to take pictures, not to bother the assistance (see the copy one fan gave me).
It seems Keith and Mick were already left (maybe Keith too, I do not remember) but Ronnie was here to play on the ministage as I was told.
For those hardcores fans it was something very special and for me a big regret.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home