Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
"Ronnie Wood to tour without Stones"?
Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: January 19, 2010 12:30

Ronnie Wood to tour without Stones
Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Ronnie Wood plans to embark on a solo tour this year.

The 62-year-old rocker wants to perform a series of concerts in 2010 without his Rolling Stones bandmates because he is "determined" to put his eventful personal life behind him and focus on his music career after the group decided against scheduling any live dates for the foreseeable future.

A source said: "Ronnie was banking on the Stones getting back together but while that's off the agenda for now he's still determined to start performing live again in the very near future."

The past few months have been very eventful for Ronnie, who split from his 21-year-old cocktail waitress girlfriend Katia Ivanova.

Their 15-month romance - which began when he walked out on wife of 23 years Jo Wood - ended after he was cautioned for common assault following a drunken public row between the pair.

Ronnie is now working hard to make his upcoming shows a success and is searching for musicians to join him on stage.

The source told the Daily Express newspaper: "He will have no trouble putting a band together. He knows his music has been overshadowed by his personal life and he wants to get back on track. Ronnie is a musician first and foremost and touring is in his blood."

To coincide with the string of dates, the guitarist - who was in The Faces before he joined the Rolling Stones in 1976 - will also release a new album.

The source added: "Ronnie has already recorded a new album that will come out later this year. Now he really wants to put on some show to help promote it."

Earlier this month, a spokesperson of the legendary rock group - also consisting of Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts - confirmed they had no plans to perform as a band this year following rumours they were planning to headline the world famous Glastonbury music festival in Somerset, South West England.

They said: "Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010."

(C) BANG Media International

Re: "Ronnie Wood to tour without Stones"?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 19, 2010 12:31

I'm sure he won't have any problem finding a few clubs to play in.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 19, 2010 12:38

First the message states he will tour in the near future, then it says the album that he's going to promote/tour behind will be released later this year. Anyhow, I'm sure it will be a rocking tour. Hope there will be a lot of dates, would like to see a few concerts.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 19, 2010 12:41

If he joined the Stones in '76, who played with them on the TOTA tout?

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: January 19, 2010 12:57

Oh, nice news if real. I`m looking for a new Ronnie`s album, though won`t have an opportunity to see the concerts. He had sooo many impressions last time,that just has to do a good one...

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:00

And Ronnie new album? He never recorder the album. Ronnie and Fiends, More Good News and we don´t see anything.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:26

>>he wants to get back on track. Ronnie is a musician first and foremost and touring is in his blood."<<

Sounds like the best plan for him.
hopefully the booze doesn't dilute his touring blood.

Go Ronnie, go!

Date: January 19, 2010 13:30

He played Tipitina's, perhaps the most famous club in New Orleans, back during the early nineties.

Did not come close to filling the place.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:32

...and I thought it was just a bad joke...

The self-fulfilling prophecy.....should have another look into
the crystal ball......hmmm,ah,ok,hahahahah.......

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:42

To coincide with the string of dates, the guitarist will also release a new album.

The source added: Ronnie has already recorded a new album that will come out later this year.

He has recorded or he will record a new album ?confused smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:51

SwayStones
He has recorded or he will record a new album?

He has recorded it.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:51

I'm not so sure about this. His voice wasn't in a good shape last time I heard him sing. He could hardly pull off Ooh La La few years ago.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:56

erikjjf
SwayStones
He has recorded or he will record a new album?

He has recorded it.
After "More good News "?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 19, 2010 13:56

SwayStones

To coincide with the string of dates, the guitarist will also release a new album.

The source added: Ronnie has already recorded a new album that will come out later this year.

The album's been recorded, in LA mostly, and features some of his pals. Like Bernard Fowler, Blondie Chaplin, Slash etc.
The artwork for the album's ready. It's titled I FEEL LIKE PLAYING!
(Not More good news, like some people here seem to believe...)

I miss this..... MSG, NYC, Jan 20th 2006 - I think. I shot it myself - for those who are obsessed with photocredits - and I guess we should be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-19 14:03 by Addicted.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:06

Thanks,Addicted,great picture !

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:09

great news!

Date: January 19, 2010 14:12

No worries!
I also found this, floating about in an old lap top... I love Ronnie's t-shirt, it reads "Deer Me" - with a print of a deer underneath.

Madison Square Garden, January 20th 2006. I had a really great seat, a scalped ticket from a band members family..

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:18

leteyer
If he joined the Stones in '76, who played with them on the TOTA tour?

Ronnie was a guest on the '75 tour, just as Ollie Brown and Billy Preston were. He joined the band in February 1976.

As for this solo tour, I'll believe it when I see it. It'll probably go the same way as his intention to follow up the Drury Lane show in 2005 with similar shows every month. My guess is that he'll do a couple of promotional gigs when his album comes out as he did in 2001.

Hopefully I'm wrong though. It'll be good for him in many ways to focus on performing again and if he can follow through with his plans, good luck to him.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:19

It's on Yahoo News also.

Wood "planning solo tour" [uk.news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:26

Good move for Ronnie on all counts, if it's true.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:31

carlostones10
And Ronnie new album? He never recorder the album. Ronnie and Fiends, More Good News and we don´t see anything.

Hey Carlos,

Is the album Ronnie and Fiends...as in Ronnie and his drug fiend buddies? smileys with beer

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:32

Best of luck to him, sounds like a good idea to get back on track with some live shows. Concentrate on something productive, constructive...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:48

Lightnin'
It's on Yahoo News also.

One India have somehow managed to twist the headline into a 'world tour' even though the story that theyve ran (and lifted from the Daily Express) merely mentions an unnamed source saying there are plans for 'some shows'..

eye rolling smiley

[entertainment.oneindia.in]

Date: January 19, 2010 14:52

Gazza
Lightnin'
It's on Yahoo News also.

One India have somehow managed to twist the headline into a 'world tour' even though the story that theyve ran (and lifted from the Daily Express) merely mentions an unnamed source saying there are plans for 'some shows'..

eye rolling smiley

[entertainment.oneindia.in]

I'm pretty sure it was OneIndia that referred to Ronnie as a "rapper" in an article the other day that also claimed he wanted to get back with Kat.

I'll see if I can dig it up and post it here if anyone is interested.

Date: January 19, 2010 14:52

Mr Jimmy
Best of luck to him, sounds like a good idea to get back on track with some live shows. Concentrate on something productive, constructive...

Hear, hear! How's about a gig at The Half Moon.....have a word will you Mr J?!

Date: January 19, 2010 14:54

Addicted
SwayStones

The album's been recorded, in LA mostly, and features some of his pals. Like Bernard Fowler, Blondie Chaplin, Slash etc.

It´s the thrid name of this album.... Ronnie and Fiends, More Good News and now I FEEL LIKE PLAYING

I miss this..... MSG, NYC, Jan 20th 2006 - I think. I shot it myself - for those who are obsessed with photocredits - and I guess we should be.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: January 19, 2010 15:08

he'll have to pay off bing for his time in LA and studio time and session fees, engineers etc before the album is released i'm sure.

OLDKR

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: January 19, 2010 15:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-19 20:55 by Phil Good.

sad smileysad smileyRe: "Ronnie Wood to tour without Stones"?
Date: January 19, 2010 15:21

carlostones10
Addicted
SwayStones

It´s the thrid name of this album.... Ronnie and Fiends, More Good News and now I FEEL LIKE PLAYING I DID NOT write this! Carlostones10 did. Signed: Addicted

I don't know how you did this, but I never wrote "It's the third name of this album...etc". I must admit I really dislike it when people edit within a post I wrote. How is it even possible? I think you should stop doing that carlostones10. And when you take news stuff and photos from iorr.org, you should credit the site at that brazilian site of yours, ok?!

AND NOW:
He called the project Ronnie and Friends, at one point. Then there was this JOKE about naming the album "More Good News" (this was while his affair with Russian no. 1 was hot news and his ex wife sued him for everything he had, and had his guitars valued...). But I think I posted the title of the new album here 4 months ago.
It is " I FEEL LIKE PLAYING".

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-19 23:09 by Addicted.

Date: January 19, 2010 15:25

Silver Dagger
carlostones10

Hey Carlos,

Is the album Ronnie and Fiends...as in Ronnie and his drug fiend buddies? smileys with beer

Hahahaha, ok.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2213
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home