Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: NFL Playoffs
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 18, 2010 03:01

<< How did the Jets get this far? Mark Sanchez misses 75% of his passes too short, just too long, 5 yards overthrown, gunned when he needs touch. If they didn't have a good D they'd be long gone. >>

By playing the way they did today to beat the Chargers!

Go Jets!!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 18, 2010 03:03

I woke up from the most boring game (aside from all future college football games later this year - that's just automatic) of '010 and saw that the Jets actually won.

WOW.

Re: NFL Playoffs
Date: January 18, 2010 03:51

boogie1969
Football, like all sports, sucks, and has no place on a rock n roll forum. Why doesn't BV delete these shit posts? The guy who started it didn't even bother to make it OT.

What is the big f-ucking deal about football? It's lame, and it the guys who play are mostly egotistical @#$%&, and the fans who follow it do so because they have no life. Get a real hobby and quit clogging up this board with your stupid crap.

This is how I see it breaking down:

Fudge-Packing Saints over Pillow-Biting Cards - eben though Arizona scored on first play of game

Rump-Raider Colts over Turd-Burglar Ravens - Although I'll be cheering for someone to knock Peyton's teeth out!!

Butt-Pirate Cowboys over Ass-Jockey Vikings

Tea-Bagging Chargers over Butt-Plugging Jets

All sports,especially football are a far more worthwhile pastime than sitting in front of a computer making gay sex references.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-18 03:52 by Winning Ugly VXII.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 18, 2010 03:56

Edith Grove
Lukester
...and for the record I love NFL football.

Go Ass Jockey Vikings!!!

Saints gonna kick that ass !

I know, you guys rock this year. I guess since I'm a Panthers fan I'm supposed to not like the Saints.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 18, 2010 06:02

San Diego loses because a kicker totally melts down and misses 3 field goals.

Even better a jackass player decides to kick a challenge flag wasting time and incurring a 15 yard penalty after a great catch.

Most importantly, the Jets played better.

Posted by: indystone ()
Date: January 18, 2010 06:27

Colts all the way. Three weeks from tonight, Indy will be champs again. And by the way Slew, Peyton will have all his teeth.Cheers!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 18, 2010 06:37

Here is what a Charger fan told me.....
The refs woke up late in the game and started applying their East Coast bias.

...well a couple plays maybe, but not enough to affect the outcome.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: January 18, 2010 07:16

The Sicilian
San Diego loses because a kicker totally melts down and misses 3 field goals.

Even better a jackass player decides to kick a challenge flag wasting time and incurring a 15 yard penalty after a great catch.

Most importantly, the Jets played better.

I'm a Giants fan, and a bitter, cranky, pi$$ed off Giants fan at that. I can't ever root for the Jets, those low-rent beyathches who play in a stadium that bears my team's name.

But, hey, the Chargers' kicker is a choking piece of dogmeat, who happens to be proficient in less meaningful games; their best receiver took a stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in the game that makes him a dumba$$ beyond comprehension; their quarterback is a mouthy dip$hit, who also chokes in big spots; and Lardanian Tomlinson punked out of a playoff game against the Patriots two years ago. So screw 'em.

Let's see a Saints-Colts Super Bowl, and may the Saints win, so that the service industry in New Orleans will be more hospitable during JazzFest.

Date: January 18, 2010 09:27

BluzDude
Here is what a Charger fan told me.....
The refs woke up late in the game and started applying their East Coast bias.

...well a couple plays maybe, but not enough to affect the outcome.

thats odd because i'd say most of the calls went the way of the chargers. what about the clear fumble that was overturned and called an incomplete pass? the chargers hurt themselves with missed fieldgoals and that dumb penalty for kicking the challenge flag. maybe the guy kicking the challenge flag should kick the field goals

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 18, 2010 12:20

baxlap
Let's see a Saints-Colts Super Bowl, and may the Saints win, so that the service industry in New Orleans will be more hospitable during JazzFest.

Well, uh, thanks for the good wishes for the Saints, but how does this tie in to the local service industry & Jazz Fest?

Date: January 18, 2010 17:38

Edith, all the service people will be even friendlier.

I guess.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 18, 2010 18:05

baxlap
their quarterback is a mouthy dip$hit, who also chokes in big spots;

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this...this guy is just a bad sport even when he's winning. Losing couldn't have happened again to a more deserving bunch of players. (Sorry Gates)...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 18, 2010 19:28

I read that the "Choker" Keating is 3 for 9 in field goal attempts AT HOME in the playoffs career wise. That is dismissable at the very least.

Even the Bills got rid of Scott Norwood and replaced him with a reliable kicker. Because if you can't make pressure kicks in the playoffs when it counts the most then you are useless.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 18, 2010 20:58

I'm just THRILLED that Dallas got their ass kicked yesterday, a humiliating defeat for ROMO, that scumbag!! The way that Eli looked ysterday I can see them winning the BIG GAME or the Saints. New Orleans is the sentimental favorite.

Date: January 18, 2010 21:00

Eli who?

Date: January 18, 2010 21:27

Sorry, I meant Payton...I'm still reeling from the Patriot's lose!! Got Eli Manning in the brain I guess! It's all in the family at least!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 18, 2010 21:51

Gonna be Minn vs Indy I'm afraid. Hey debra!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 18, 2010 21:52

Saints and Colts should cover the respective 4.5 and 7.5 point spreads. In other words Colts will wear dark jerseys and the Saints white. Of course, if any football fans can remember when the Baltimore Colts defeated Dallas circa 1971 Superbowl -Colts wore all white. I think it would be cool to see Saints in black and Colts all white. Any thoughts on this non-important issue?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 19, 2010 02:26

Chris Fountain
Saints and Colts should cover the respective 4.5 and 7.5 point spreads. In other words Colts will wear dark jerseys and the Saints white. Of course, if any football fans can remember when the Baltimore Colts defeated Dallas circa 1971 Superbowl -Colts wore all white. I think it would be cool to see Saints in black and Colts all white. Any thoughts on this non-important issue?

Well, vintage sports uniforms happens to be my business. I would love to see the Colts in all-white...I would love even better if the Jets upset them, as in Super Bowl III, though I don't think any of this year's Jets are going to "guarantee" it a la Broadway Joe.

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: January 19, 2010 07:45

Always nice to see the Cowboys humiliated in the playoffs.....again

It would be great to see the Saints win it all...

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: January 19, 2010 08:15

Edith Grove
baxlap

Well, uh, thanks for the good wishes for the Saints, but how does this tie in to the local service industry & Jazz Fest?

It's all about the afterglow! When the Saints have had a good season, the general vibe among the cabbies, waitstaff, etc. during Jazzfest is so much more positive. Being able to talk football with the locals when they're in the aftermath of something overwhelmingly positive puts everyone in a better mood.

I was on the sidelines at the Giants-Saints game in Giants Stadium shortly before the 2007 JazzFest. Reggie Bush put on a show that day that made him look like a 45 RPM man in a 33 RPM world, the second coming of Gale Sayers. I related this experience on one of my cab rides to the racetrack, and we start talking football. Dude turns out to know his stuff about as well as a sportswriter. A lovely ride, one I certainly would not have experienced if the Saints had gone, say, 4-12.

Date: January 19, 2010 10:08

mickschix
I'm just THRILLED that Dallas got their ass kicked yesterday, a humiliating defeat for ROMO, that scumbag!! The way that Eli looked ysterday I can see them winning the BIG GAME or the Saints. New Orleans is the sentimental favorite.

I don't think that Romo is a "scumbag" at all.

Date: January 19, 2010 10:11

Rochdale3
Always nice to see the Cowboys humiliated in the playoffs.....again

It would be great to see the Saints win it all...

Well,at least they were in the play-offs. They actually have more play-off wins than any other team. They have the most conference championship appearances,the most Super Bowl appearances and the second most Super Bowl victories - one behind the team with the most.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 19, 2010 11:31

leteyer
Come on Chargers....All the way to Miami

My prediction for tonight
SD 35-10 NYJ

Nothing to say just to congratulate the Jets and deal with this painfull loss.
I'm hurting so such.

Date: January 19, 2010 12:25

baxlap
Edith Grove
baxlap

It's all about the afterglow! When the Saints have had a good season, the general vibe among the cabbies, waitstaff, etc. during Jazzfest is so much more positive. Being able to talk football with the locals when they're in the aftermath of something overwhelmingly positive puts everyone in a better mood.

So a winning season is like good sex?

OK, I can see that! grinning smiley

Date: January 19, 2010 18:46

Hey JJFLASH!! How are you doing these days?? I LOVE football. It is keeping me sane on weekends! Well, as sane as I can be these days. And I'm glad to see there are others here like Rochdale3 who hate the Cowboys!! That defeat alone helped the sting of the Patriots and Giants losing!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 19, 2010 20:32

Chris Fountain
Saints and Colts should cover the respective 4.5 and 7.5 point spreads.

Rut-Roh....I actually agree with you this time Chris. Surprised the Colts spread isn't bigger. Gonna play the under in that one and probably go with the over in the Saints/Vikes game. Sants to win it all.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 20, 2010 18:15

Date: January 20, 2010 18:20

Just for those of you who are whining about this thread so much more than other OT threads, the day of the Saints/Arizona game they had a bit about the Superdome and guess who was on the list of events in the Supe? The indoor attendance record setting Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 20, 2010 20:08

sweetcharmedlife
Chris Fountain
Saints and Colts should cover the respective 4.5 and 7.5 point spreads.

Rut-Roh....I actually agree with you this time Chris. Surprised the Colts spread isn't bigger. Gonna play the under in that one and probably go with the over in the Saints/Vikes game. Sants to win it all.smileys with beer

SCL I think you're assessment is correct. I foresee the Colts winning by a score close to 24 - 6. However, instincts reveal a New Orleans thrashing of the Vikings by a tally of 38 - 17, which will take care of your Over wager.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home