Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: NFL Playoffs
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 20, 2010 21:43

mickschix
Hey JJFLASH!! How are you doing these days?? I LOVE football. It is keeping me sane on weekends! Well, as sane as I can be these days. And I'm glad to see there are others here like Rochdale3 who hate the Cowboys!! That defeat alone helped the sting of the Patriots and Giants losing!

How can you like the Patriots and the Giants? Giants beating Pats in the Super Bowl was one of the greatest moments of my life.

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 22:44

So now we are down to it! Who do you want in the Super Bowl??

I think most people would like to see a Colts-Saints matchup, the 2 teams that were undefeated thru most of the season. And when you look at the other 3 possibilities, I am really rooting for a Colts-Saints matchup:

Colts-Vikings - I've already had enough of Brett Favre...this happened back in the 90's
Saints-Jets - I'm not sure which fans are more annoying, Jets fans or Giants fans....
Vikings-Jets - this would be unwatchable....

Go Saints!!!!!!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 20, 2010 22:50

Rochdale3

I think most people would like to see a Colts-Saints matchup, the 2 teams that were undefeated thru most of the season. And when you look at the other 3 possibilities, I am really rooting for a Colts-Saints matchup:

Colts-Vikings - I've already had enough of Brett Favre...this happened back in the 90's
Saints-Jets - I'm not sure which fans are more annoying, Jets fans or Giants fans....

Go Saints!!!!!!!

Yeah, even the possibility of a Jets-Vikings Superbowl is very creepy.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 20, 2010 23:50

Rochdale3

Go Saints!!!!!!!
Yeah if the Saints and Colts make it to the Super Bowl that would sure quiet down all the people who criticized them for resting players down the stretdh.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 21, 2010 00:52

For the Super Bowl I'm pulling for:

I Can't Explain
My Generation
Won't Get Fooled Again

In that order.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:07

I love the commercials they've been showing for the Who performing at the Super Bowl....lot of great shots from over the years...

They need to show the cover of Odds and Sods where they are all wearing football helmets for some unknown reason in 1973.

As I think I've said previously in these forums, they will probably do the 3 CSI theme songs. Substitute would be great though and I really hope they do at least 1 song besides the CSI ones...or their other war horses....even a medley would be cool....or they just do a 12 minute version of A Quick One While He's Away

Date: January 21, 2010 01:09

Rochdale3
I love the commercials they've been showing for the Who performing at the Super Bowl....lot of great shots from over the years...

They need to show the cover of Odds and Sods where they are all wearing football helmets for some unknown reason in 1973.

As I think I've said previously in these forums, they will probably do the 3 CSI theme songs. Substitute would be great though and I really hope they do at least 1 song besides the CSI ones...or their other war horses....even a medley would be cool....or they just do a 12 minute version of A Quick One While He's Away
How about a 12 minute guitar solo?eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 21, 2010 03:41

Rochdale3

Something off of Quadrophenia would be great. 5:15, Love Reign O'er Me,, etc. Based on your CSI theory I can see them maybe throwing in Baba Oriley.....still, I'm sticking to my original prediction.

Date: January 21, 2010 19:04

Lukester
Rochdale3

Something off of Quadrophenia would be great. 5:15, Love Reign O'er Me,, etc. Based on your CSI theory I can see them maybe throwing in Baba Oriley.....still, I'm sticking to my original prediction.
For once I hope the Super Bowl Halftime will be lip synchedeye popping smiley

Date: January 21, 2010 19:08

Lukester
Rochdale3

They can change "5:15" to "4th and 15"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 21, 2010 19:10

Lukester
For the Super Bowl I'm pulling for:

I Can't Explain
___________________Substitute
My Generation
Won't Get Fooled Again

In that order.

Love your setlist with hopes for one more (In that order)!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 21, 2010 19:59

Lukester has nailed the appropriate set list and song order for Superbowl (insert Roman numbers here), which will be held at the newly named Sun Life Stadium. One practically needs a program to keep up with the name changes of that venue.

Hopefully, The Who will not let anyone down.

C

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 21, 2010 20:13

Unless they change things this year, the acts only play about 13 minutes.
So I don't think Won't Get Fooled will be in there: that's close to 9 minutes
right there. Baba would work. It got the CSI tie-in and isn't that long
and always goes over well live. I wouldn't be surprised if Who Are You
or YOu Better You Bet are in there. Do they still Do You Better live?
Anything but Pinball Wizard.
I'll be happy as long as Substitute and Can't Explain are played.
And Pete better go nuts; arm-swinging and leaping.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 21, 2010 20:37

Although I'd normally be pulling for senior-citizen Favre, I'm all in for the Saints due to Edith Grove and skipstone.

Predictions

NFC - Saints
AFC - Colts

Super Bowl (sorry, yall) - Colts

Halftime:

The Who kicks everybody's ass.

Date: January 21, 2010 20:47

I don't know who I'd like to see win.
I wouldn't mind Favre winning another one.
I wouldn't mind Manning winning another one.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets win one after all these years.
I would't mind seeing the Saints win so their fans can finally shut up.
Some are worse than Red Sox or Cubs fans. "You have no idea what it's like."

I do like what Joe Namath said a few years ago, that the Jets
won't get to the Super Bowl unless they go back to their old AFL uniforms.

Date: January 21, 2010 20:52

Elmo Lewis
Although I'd normally be pulling for senior-citizen Favre, I'm all in for the Saints due to Edith Grove and skipstone.

Predictions

NFC - Saints
AFC - Colts

Super Bowl (sorry, yall) - Colts

Halftime:

The Who kicks everybody's ass.
I think your right about everything except the last part Elmo.moody smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 21, 2010 22:38

tomk

Ever dealt with LSU fans?

Date: January 21, 2010 22:49

Edith Grove
tomk

Ever dealt with LSU fans?

Oh, yes. A good friend of mine went there.
Hey, I have a soft spot for the Saints.
When I was a kid, I had a Saints helmet (I wonder what happened to that).
I remember watching Archie Manning win his first game as a pro
against the LA Rams.

Date: January 22, 2010 00:09

tomk
against the LA Rams.

No kidding?

Were you at Tulane Stadium when the Falcons beat the Saints 62-7?

Date: January 22, 2010 00:43

Edith Grove
tomk
against the LA Rams.

No kidding?

Were you at Tulane Stadium when the Falcons beat the Saints 62-7?

Sorry, I don't remember that game.
I lived in LA and saw the Saints-Rams game on TV.
Manning beat them with a QB sneak in the last seconds.
I remember watching Super Bowl IV, Minnesota and KC, at Tulane Stadium.
They tore that down, right? Another one gone.
I do respect the Saints for not changig their uniforms much over the years.
Those are good-looking uniforms.

And I remember Tom Dempsey's 63-yarder to beat Detroit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-22 00:44 by tomk.

Date: January 22, 2010 00:54

tomk

Tulane Stadium is long gone, torn down shortly after the Superdome was opened.

People around here still talk about Dempsey's field goal (with half a foot)!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 22, 2010 01:27

tomk - what is wrong with us Red Sox fans there are no more loyal a group of fans than us!!! Yes we complain and yes we are vocal but nobody has more passion for their team than us!!!

Indystone - Payton will have all of his teet just not another ring!! I think the NFC teams are stronger than both AFC teams. Payton is phenomenal but I think that the team is not all that good. He pulls games out all the time the the Colts should not win and he's a master at clock management. Living in New England i don't like him.

What is wrong with the Cowboys???? Man they just can't get over the hump they have great talent but always choke.

Date: January 22, 2010 01:55

slew
tomk - what is wrong with us Red Sox fans there are no more loyal a group of fans than us!!! Yes we complain and yes we are vocal but nobody has more passion for their team than us!!!

Indystone - Payton will have all of his teet just not another ring!! I think the NFC teams are stronger than both AFC teams. Payton is phenomenal but I think that the team is not all that good. He pulls games out all the time the the Colts should not win and he's a master at clock management. Living in New England i don't like him.

What is wrong with the Cowboys???? Man they just can't get over the hump they have great talent but always choke.

Never said BoSox fans were't passionate. Now that you've won two titles,
all the moaning now can come from Cubs fans (or the Rangers).
I'm an LA Angels fan, so I know lean years. BTW, good luck with Lackey.
And I'm a Cowboys fan. Who knows what's going on there.
I grew up in LA, and I live in SF now, and I don't give two hoots about
the local teams here. I have a feeling though that the Yankees are stitching
a uniform for Lincicum as we speak.
Lincicum's

Date: January 22, 2010 02:05

tomk
slew

I have a feeling though that the Yankees are stitching

Bite your tongue man. I also live in the bay area and I do care about the local teams. Lincecum is the franchise right now. I say give him the 13 mill. It's a bargain.

Date: January 22, 2010 02:24

sweetcharmedlife
tomk
slew

I have a feeling though that the Yankees are stitching

Bite your tongue man. I also live in the bay area and I do care about the local teams. Lincecum is the franchise right now. I say give him the 13 mill. It's a bargain.

Indeed he is, but something tells me he's gonna end up there.
Same thing with Mauer in Minnesota when he's available next year.
I just have this odd feeling that's where they're gonna end up.
I certainly don't want to see Lincecum in a Dodger uniform, that's for sure.

Date: January 22, 2010 02:57

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 22, 2010 03:19

Hopefully the Saints will destroy the Vikings and then the Colts because the Jets are never gonna take off against the Colts. They're just too boring.

If the Vikings win I'm pulling for them then in the Supe only because, hopefully, if the Vikes win, Favre will retire and go out on top. Although it would be very cool to see Manning win one more Supe before he hangs it up.

But that's not gonna happen because the Saints are gonna take care of bidness.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: January 22, 2010 08:08

Edith Grove
baxlap
Edith Grove
baxlap
Let's see a Saints-Colts Super Bowl, and may the Saints win, so that the service industry in New Orleans will be more hospitable during JazzFest.

Well, uh, thanks for the good wishes for the Saints, but how does this tie in to the local service industry & Jazz Fest?

It's all about the afterglow! When the Saints have had a good season, the general vibe among the cabbies, waitstaff, etc. during Jazzfest is so much more positive. Being able to talk football with the locals when they're in the aftermath of something overwhelmingly positive puts everyone in a better mood.

So a winning season is like good sex?

OK, I can see that! grinning smiley

Seeing your team win a championship after a long drought (think NY Rangers in '94) is like scoring with the homecoming queen!

Date: January 22, 2010 09:30

Edith Grove
tomk

Tulane Stadium is long gone, torn down shortly after the Superdome was opened.

People around here still talk about Dempsey's field goal (with half a foot)!

And there's Alex Karras of the Lions trying to block it.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: January 22, 2010 11:55

And there's Alex Karras of the Lions trying to block it.[/quote]

MONGO!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home