Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

tix sales or music?
Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: June 9, 2007 15:30

many people on iorr complain about the tix sales
but then they say within the same sentence that its not about sales but the music
so why do you demand the biggest sales then?

so what is it about now?
and btw tix are expensive these days for sure
but I guess a person living in Europe can afford 100 or 150 Euros to see the stones
smoking fags a few weeks costs way more
so what is this about
buy some jeans - costs you at least 200 euros

people dont eat so much food
you will be fit and slim and save money for your fav band

Re: tix sales or music?
Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: June 9, 2007 15:35

It's gotta be about the music! A band cannot be truly great if they don't put their primary function first! Don't get me wrong I love the Stones and I will always love the Stones but as of late I just get the feeling that something is missing!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 9, 2007 15:38

glimmer twin 81 I just wanted to write the same or nearly the same.
People spend so much money for booze during the concert that the management easily thinks they also might be able to increase the ticket prices.
I do not think that the prices are the only reason that the sales may be slow. There is just to much out there this summer for a one or two time concert goer. And if he already bought tickets for Genesis or any other band or artist than he just does not care about further concerts.
In the 90 ies when the Stones toured around we should not forget that there was a big black whole for really famous rock and roll bands who are still touring (except perhaps U2).
Since the success of the Stones also other bands smelled money. Some do better some do less. Police may be doing good, the Who have definetely a much bigger problem selling tickets than the Stones, and Rod Stweart I would be surprised if that will be a sellout. Even Barbara has a hard time not to speak about ticket prices, at least in Switzerland

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 9, 2007 15:38

Tip No1

Complaining will only twist ya on the inside....Avoid it at all cost...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 9, 2007 15:48

I do think ticket prices are too high...and I do think more would have sold had they been lower.
But it's basically down to a misjudgment rather than excessive greed as far as I can see.
it's very easy to say what the ticket prices should have been after the sales figures are in isn't it ?
Tickets are priced at what the market will stand...and the market has previously always stood it!
This tour has been rolling for 2 years. Maintaining the momentum and interest in the product must get harder.

That's the money bit.

I believe the music still does come first for this band.
The problem is that it has to live within the cage that is the Rolling Stones machine.
It's a huge cliche...but they really are victims of their own success.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: June 9, 2007 15:52

There are idiots on this board who see the Stones' high ticket price as some kind of badge of honour, as if, along with gross incomes, it were the only reason for a band to exist. Give me the music....any day.

Ryan Adams, for instance.

Posted by: funky_fi ()
Date: June 9, 2007 16:26

I agree with Glimmer Twin 81... Eat less, smoke less, drink less. That's exactly how I live my life and that's how I get what I want/need. Friends of mine always make comments about how I can afford to go overseas and they can't even afford a local holiday in the same state. These are the same people who wipe themselves out all weekend, every weekend and then struggle to work cos they're hungover for the rest of the week. I've worked hard and climbed my way up into a decent job. That's how you do it! Hard work and sacrifice! I don't think the ticket prices are too high - but then I've worked hard, missed out on a few other things and saved up for it. And no matter what anyone says, I wouldn't change a thing! I love my life and I love my Stones!!!!

Posted by: Kartoffelsalat ()
Date: June 9, 2007 16:29

I wouldn't buy a pair of jeans for 200 Euros.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 9, 2007 16:37

Oops, high ticket prices is the only way a group can live? As I wrote elsewhere, the German top act Herbert Grönemeier says: a ticket may cost not more than 60 Euro, other he won't play. I ask myself how he and his musicians can survice.

When I take a look what the Stones have earned the last years (after all taxes and so on have been removed) I asked myself, when do they want to spend all this money? Even if they say our children need that lot of money so that they don't need to sell all this wonderful stuff from the vaults there is more money than anybody can spend.

One of the main problems is that too much managers and promoters want to have a big peace of the cake. The Stones are selling the show to those paying the most without taking care what happens next to their shows. Their main point is just to make sure they get the money they want.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 9, 2007 16:39

glimmer twin 81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> many people on iorr complain about the tix sales
> but then they say within the same sentence that
> its not about sales but the music
> so why do you demand the biggest sales then?

No they dont. "Explaining" why sales in some areas are slow isnt the same as "complaining" about them or 'demanding' that theyre more than they are.

An absurd summary.

The naked hunger for more gross, regardless of what lengths has to be taken to achieve it, is more of a reflection on anything than how many tickets the band sells.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: June 9, 2007 16:50

rknuth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oops, high ticket prices is the only way a group
> can live? As I wrote elsewhere, the German top act
> Herbert Grönemeier says: a ticket may cost not
> more than 60 Euro, other he won't play. I ask
> myself how he and his musicians can survice.
>
> When I take a look what the Stones have earned the
> last years (after all taxes and so on have been
> removed) I asked myself, when do they want to
> spend all this money? Even if they say our
> children need that lot of money so that they don't
> need to sell all this wonderful stuff from the
> vaults there is more money than anybody can
> spend.
>
> One of the main problems is that too much managers
> and promoters want to have a big peace of the
> cake. The Stones are selling the show to those
> paying the most without taking care what happens
> next to their shows. Their main point is just to
> make sure they get the money they want.

this german topact herbert whatever cant be compared to our boys
I dont know him very well but I know he has not sold out his tour even with tix
at 60 euros

again tix are high, they cost a lot of money but my dear friends
do not go out for a weekend or two and you will be available to see our boys

keep on rollin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home