Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sticky Fingers & Exile - Russian CDs - Issued 2002?
Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:33

Hi all, casually browsing at the local record shop today. Saw the above for $23 CDN each. So I added them to my collection. There are 7 bonus tracks on SF, and 3 bonus tracks on Exile. The bonus tracks I know we've all heard before. Did I do OK, or was I taken? It says Limited Edition on each disc to 500 copies - my limited copy number for each disc is - nada, zilch!! Cover quality, and sound quality (I think),is good. The store has two more other Stones CDs (Russian) but I don't think have any extra tracks. I'll go back and check tomorrow. In any event, different items for the collection that I hadn't seen before.

Website for the CD issuer is www.cd-maximum.ru (I got in, but couldn't navigate through it though).

Thanks

Re: Sticky Fingers & Exile - Russian CDs - Issued 2002?
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: May 24, 2007 21:02

beautiful bootlegs with good bonus tracks. Can't believe their are just 500 copies.

Date: May 24, 2007 21:22

thanks and yes, they can only be bootlegs, with the "unreleased & unofficial" bonus tracks (except for 'Let It Rock' live on SF). Extremely nice packaging - I'm going to see what else can be obtained. And I think that the price is right, as they say........

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: May 24, 2007 23:05

Date: May 25, 2007 00:13

ooops............maybe I didn't get a good deal on the price! oh well......in the collection now. Thanks King Bee for the information

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:12

There is a whole series of these bootlegs/pirates released for all the stones albums up to 1972. Generally they are the mono mixed versions. Quality and artwork all very nice. Really like FLOWERS with the Belgian cover.

Date: May 25, 2007 02:30

........went to the ebay site as above.......some or most I wouldn't get for obvious reasons, some I would. Went to my local shop and got "Their Satanic Majesties Request" today. Like I say, it's for the collection, but only what I would like. The limited editions I would suspect are limited to not 500 copies, but to thousands............would like to visit their manufacturing facility one day (and that's said with LOL)...........

Date: May 25, 2007 04:25

.........very nice version of '2000 Light Years From Home' on TSMR........ a backing track, no vocals. I'm sure it's been issued elsewhere on boots (the experts here, and I'm far from being one, would confirm). '2000 Man' too sounds great (no vocals). Great quality. So, I think it's worth the price of admission........seems like it maybe stereo to me Dr. Pete

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: May 25, 2007 05:07

the bonus tracks may be stereo but the regular tracks should be mono

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: May 25, 2007 05:25

I bought a few these a couple of years back for the bonus tracks when I was feeding my Ipod. They are really good quality with excellent packaging. The 500 copies thing is BS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home