Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hail! Hail! Rock n' Roll - 2disc / 4disc
Posted by: DD ()
Date: December 29, 2009 18:40

Hello to all,

I know that there is already a (very interesting) thread going on regarding the film, but I have a specific question regarding the different versions. I'd like to buy the 4-disc version but I'm finding it difficult to find it on any UK retailer's website - or at least, I think I am as neither Amazon nor Play nor HMV make it clear which version you'd be getting (this is a problem I often have with websites when it comes to different versions of the same DVD or album - why don't they give specific descriptions, the fools?).

A couple of questions:

Is the 4-disc version worth getting over the 2-disc set?

Is the 4-disc version available in Region-2?

Thank you,

Declan

Re: Hail! Hail! Rock n' Roll - 2disc / 4disc
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:44

Spinning through the channels and HEY LQQK! Its "Hail! Hail! RnR" and it is (somehow) even better this time. From the interviews to the great songs to Kieth to the rehearsals, interviews, great songs and then the concert and the great guest stars ( they are all "so young" ) and all the great songs.

What a GREAT idea it was to get this locked into history at that time...
and it not only stands the test of time, it just gets better and better.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 24, 2014 15:04

I got the 4 disc version for less than £20 or $25 so for that price you can't argue.

Date: February 24, 2014 15:41

Silver Dagger
I got the 4 disc version for less than £20 or $25 so for that price you can't argue.
What a bargain! You should push play on that disc today, it is great.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 24, 2014 16:32

The four disc set contains all interviews in completion. They did a stellar job and it is PRICELESS. Jerry Lee Lewis bs-ing his way through a drunken interview...etc.. I say go big or go home. The extra rehearsals, documentary on the documentary, full interviews, etc are all worth the purchase.

I can't speak to the region since I live in the colonies. I don't remember the region code for the States. I rarely play DVDs since I am obsessed with HD but when I do I use my Xbox 360 which has played everything I have ever thrown at it including pal bootlegs.

Keith playing Chuck Berry songs is one of my favorite things in the world. Remember.. When Keith plays a Chuck Berry song, he is playing music that HE loves. Not something he wrote, something he wishes he wrote. Because of that simple fact it is FUN. Just plain FUN.

Date: February 24, 2014 16:58

flacnvinyl
....I rarely play DVDs since I am obsessed with HD but when I do I use my Xbox 360 which has played everything I have ever thrown at it including pal bootlegs....
Oh really?

Well sure enough I just stuck a DVD in my X360, for the first time and
it played perfectly... I had no idea this thing would play DVDs too. THANKS!!!

Oh all the things one can learn by reading ( and posting ) to IORR.

HAIL! HAIL! ROCK AND ROLL!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 24, 2014 17:26

You got it Max! BTW, the 360 is one of the best DVD players in the world. It does a gorgeous job of upscaling standard definition to HD. We have the Planet Earth box set (one of the greatest things humanity has ever done with a camera) and it is surprisingly detailed regardless. Our 3 year old loves it, though we do skip past the sharks eating dolphins!

The other great thing about the 360/PS4 is that they also play HD files without too many issues. This means I can hand clients a 1080p H264 file and they can watch it without a dang bluray player (which very few people have).

Dangit, now I have to dig out Hail Hail and watch the O Carol scene...

Date: February 24, 2014 17:37

flacnvinyl
You got it Max! BTW, the 360 is one of the best DVD players in the world. It does a gorgeous job of upscaling standard definition to HD. We have the Planet Earth box set (one of the greatest things humanity has ever done with a camera) and it is surprisingly detailed regardless. Our 3 year old loves it, though we do skip past the sharks eating dolphins!

The other great thing about the 360/PS4 is that they also play HD files without too many issues. This means I can hand clients a 1080p H264 file and they can watch it without a dang bluray player (which very few people have).

Dangit, now I have to dig out Hail Hail and watch the O Carol scene...

Thanks Drake!! smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home