Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - Aerosmith singer in rehab
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: December 25, 2009 21:26

Painkillers........ yeah RIGHT, talk about drug addict in denial. Somehow I think ST is takin' a lot more than that, otherwise his band mates would not have reacted in the strong way they did.

I wish him all the best in duelling with his demons. Perhaps he needs to speak to Jimmy Page, who kicked all sorts and suceeded with many years of clean ways (well, as far as we know and alcohol notwithstanding).

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-26 16:23 by SonicDreamer.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 25, 2009 23:19

Painkillers........ yeah RIGHT, talk about drug adduct ub denial. Somehow I think hST is takin' a lot more than that, otherwise his band mates would not have reacted in the strong way they did.

I wish him all the best in duelling with his demons. Perhaps he needs to speak to Jimmy Page, who kicked all sorts and suceeded with may years of clean ways (well, as far as we know and alcohol notwithstanding).

Cheers,
SonicD

Don't over estimate de effects of painkillers. They can make life painful.

Date: December 26, 2009 01:06

ChefGuevara

Painkillers........ yeah RIGHT, talk about drug adduct ub denial. Somehow I think hST is takin' a lot more than that, otherwise his band mates would not have reacted in the strong way they did.

I wish him all the best in duelling with his demons. Perhaps he needs to speak to Jimmy Page, who kicked all sorts and suceeded with may years of clean ways (well, as far as we know and alcohol notwithstanding).

Cheers,
SonicD

Trying figure out what you just said.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 26, 2009 10:22

Never get the fascination some people have for Aerosmith. I'm sure there are numerous Aerosmith fans who could say the same about The Stones.

Date: December 26, 2009 16:24

DeliveranceStraightwayHoliness
ChefGuevara

Cheers,
SonicD

Trying figure out what you just said.

SORRY, lots of spelling typos - it was the early hours.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 22, 2010 19:20

Steven Tyler has made his first public appearance since checking into rehab for drug abuse - at a Palm Desert karaoke contest.

The former Aerosmith rocker made a surprise appearance at the Tilted Kilt pub in California on Tuesday night and even agreed to belt out his 1998 hit I Don't Want To Miss A Thing after cheering on revellers who tried to hit the high notes.

Tyler was accompanied by his publicist and two bodyguards, according to local newspaper The Desert Sun.

Karaoke organizer Mike May tells the publication Tyler was "very gracious and very kind".

He recalls Tyler offered to take the stage when two fans who attempted the Diane Warren-penned Armageddon theme were booed off.

May says, "All of a sudden, near the end of the song, he grabbed the mic and started singing. The whole frickin’ bar surrounded him and he just started singing the whole thing."

"It was, like, one of those moments - a (karaoke) club DJ’s dream come true."

The rocker's chosen rehab has never been disclosed, but reports have suggested he checked into the fabled Betty Ford Clinic in Rancho Mirage, California in mid-December seeking treatment for a dependency on prescription drugs following years of injuries sustained on stage.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 22, 2010 19:58

there ain't no kilt like a tilted kilt.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 22, 2010 21:10

Meanwhile the rest of Aerosmith continues their search for a lead singer. Maybe they should try the Tilted Kilt.confused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 22, 2010 23:25

Perry says the fill-in singer would be just a replacement until Mr. Tallarico is healthy again, just like they'd done with Tom and Brad before.

Still... am I a biased jerk when I say that doing this with a frontman is NOT the same as doing it a bass-player or second guitarist?

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-22 23:26 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 23, 2010 00:22

How on Earth could they even consider selling tickets to an AEROSMITH concert with no Stevie?? Would kind of idiot would go?? I guess some folks may be curious ( yellow) but who can afford to wate $$ like that these days? Not ME!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 23, 2010 05:12

mickschix
How on Earth could they even consider selling tickets to an AEROSMITH concert with no Stevie?? Would kind of idiot would go?? I guess some folks may be curious ( yellow) but who can afford to wate $$ like that these days? Not ME!

If they try to charge the same ticket prices they have the last few tours, which was in the Stones tix price neighborhood, I agree they will have a lot of empty seats but if get a good singer, make some inspired new music instead of the commercial pop crap they put out the last few albums, and charge a reasonable price for a ticket I would go see them.....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home