Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ronnie Cautioned over "Common assault": BBC
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: December 22, 2009 17:50

[news.bbc.co.uk]

In the UK this basically means he won't go to court, but has been warned by the police and this could be used as evidence of previous behaviour if it happens again...

No court = no conviction = free to tour.

Re: Ronnie Cautioned over "Common assault": BBC
Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 22, 2009 17:57

or he can tour with Pete Townshend.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 22, 2009 17:58

How about the insurance considering him a "financial risk" ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 22, 2009 18:01

thecitadel
[news.bbc.co.uk]

In the UK this basically means he won't go to court, but has been warned by the police and this could be used as evidence of previous behaviour if it happens again...

No court = no conviction = free to tour (health insurance permitting)

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 22, 2009 18:09

Personne s'en fout.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 22, 2009 18:18

check # 1 court thumbs up

check # 2 rehab, pending

check # 3 medical pass, pending

check # 4 tour 2010, pending

go, Ronnie Go!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 22, 2009 18:22

HEILOOBAAS
Personne s'en fout.

Yeah - that's why there are about 10 long threads on the same subject.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 22, 2009 18:25

open-g, thanks for a positive statementthumbs up
but one crucial point is missing:

open-g
check # 1 court thumbs up

check # 2 band backs him up behind the scenes and in public, pending

check # 3 rehab, pending

check # 4 medical pass, pending

check # 5 tour 2010, pending

go, Ronnie Go!

Date: December 22, 2009 18:28

That's a valid point, Too Tough.

lets add some public support from the fans aswell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-22 18:31 by open-g.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2009 18:40

go ronnie go he can play his guitar like a gunnie sack sit beneath the trees by the railroad tracks many fans see him play that guitar like ringing a bell.go go ronnie go ,go go ronnie go right on tour as the lead guitarist for the greatest rock and roll band in the world the rolling stones .i knew this would happen with the fancy fleet street laywers the glimmers have it was a FOREGONE conclusion .thank you good lord for clearing this up for ROCKING RONNIE WOOD !!!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 22, 2009 18:59

Personally, I find all this "go Ronnie go" sentiment rather depressing. Let's get him to rehab one more time! Who cares if he knocked around a woman? Who cares if he drinks himself to death, as long as it's after the tour! Just do whatever it takes to prop him up onstage for two hours so he can do whatever exactly he does one more time and we can get our little Rolling Stones fix. Throw the money around, grease the wheels, get the lawyers, doctors, insurance people and promoters all on the same page, so we can have one last tour with the great Ronnie Wood. Has it occurred to us that maybe it's in his personal best interest NOT to tour? It's not like we're getting the Rolling Stones of 30 - or even 10 - years ago, so why the urgency?

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade. I love the Stones as much as anyone here, but I find some of this "tour with Ronnie at any cost" stuff a bit much to take.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: December 22, 2009 19:11

It could just be that the best thing for Ronnie to get back on track would be work - ie on Tour. He will have the pressure of colleagues to stay on the straight and narrow (ish) and be kept fairly busy.

OK so who looks after him with no Jo... but at least Mick can bollock him directly instead of using Jo as a surrogate. And he'll have to pass the insurance test: he's done it before and can do it again.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: December 22, 2009 19:17

71Tele
Personally, I find all this "go Ronnie go" sentiment rather depressing. Let's get him to rehab one more time! Who cares if he knocked around a woman? Who cares if he drinks himself to death, as long as it's after the tour! Just do whatever it takes to prop him up onstage for two hours so he can do whatever exactly he does one more time and we can get our little Rolling Stones fix. Throw the money around, grease the wheels, get the lawyers, doctors, insurance people and promoters all on the same page, so we can have one last tour with the great Ronnie Wood. Has it occurred to us that maybe it's in his personal best interest NOT to tour? It's not like we're getting the Rolling Stones of 30 - or even 10 - years ago, so why the urgency?

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade. I love the Stones as much as anyone here, but I find some of this "tour with Ronnie at any cost" stuff a bit much to take.

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one. From his recent behaviour it is clear Ronnie has some deep rooted issues, which go many years back, that need addressing before they should even contemplate propping him up like some jaundiced scarecrow. It seems anything is permitted as long as the show can go on. Doing another run of these gigs is not going to fix his personal problems. If he doesn't get a grip on reality, the money will evaporate just as quickly as it always has and at the end of the tour he might be left with cirrhosis of the liver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-22 19:18 by Lightnin'.

Date: December 22, 2009 19:18

Spot on, Citadel.

...and 71Tele, it's your post that sounds rather sad and depressing! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 22, 2009 19:21

This is good news for Sir Ron.Enjoy your Crimbo.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 22, 2009 19:28

How true...We are talking about the Rolling Stones...God look at what keith, Mick, Bill has done for the past 30 years..
Ronnie needs to be making music....Get back to work..Making music and doing what he really loves he will have less time drinking and getting in trouble.

As the song goes YOU'LL never make a Saint of me!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 22, 2009 19:29

Hmmm. wonder how many palms were greased.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 22, 2009 21:14

If someone ever tried to put a cigarette out on my face, they wouldn't live to see another Christmas, irrespecive of what the court decided.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 22, 2009 21:33

<< ...and 71Tele, it's your post that sounds rather sad and depressing! >>

Didn't mean it to be. I think the state of the band - Mr. Wood particularly - is what is sad and depressing, and I think a lot of people here are too lost in their fandom to acknowledge it. I would like nothing better than a healthy, musically vibrant Rolling Stones.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: December 22, 2009 21:48

isn't sad and depressing the same thing? all good things must come to an end eventually.

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: December 22, 2009 21:58

I think 71tele and Lightnin' are right. I've said before the most important thing for Ronnie, like anyone, is his health and well-being. If that can be best accomplished by "getting back to work" then that's fine, but that shouldn't be the only reason. If things like this last episode keep getting taken care of for him, he's never going to learn take responsibility for himself and get straightened out.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: December 22, 2009 22:00

thecitadel
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Actually, technically a caution is a conviction (because you have to admit the offence in order for the police to caution rather than charge). You have to list cautions along side offences for which you have been convicted in applying for many jobs or visa's into many countries (the US for eg). But it does mean it's over and done with and no penalty. And it certainly wouldn't affect a tour.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 22, 2009 22:35

Hopefully he's back in rehab after spending time with his family over the holidays and they are helping him get it back together for the tour. On tour, most people would have trouble but he's under such a microscope and he can have helpers who can be monitored by MJ so it all should go well- that was Jo's job, maybe they'll hire her again?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 23, 2009 03:00

just as i suspected, no court, no jail, nothing. time for woody to get it together and rock again. he is too nice of a guy (i have met and spoken with him) to wish bad things for.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 23, 2009 03:34

thecitadel
[news.bbc.co.uk]

If you beat someone up in the UK you get a warning? What happens if you kill someone? They slap your face?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 23, 2009 03:51

tatters
thecitadel
[news.bbc.co.uk]

If you beat someone up in the UK you get a warning?

I think you get a warning when they can't determine there was one.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 23, 2009 03:51

who said woody "beat up" anyone? i have yet to see anything in photos to indicate this. tabloid B.S. and pure speculation at best. don't believe everyone you hear or read in a stupid tabloid.

goodbye electrina, you are just another moonlight mile on down the road. have mom fix you a big bowl of borscht and search the classified ads for a house and a legit job. will you be listing Woody as your previous employer on your job application?. remember, having an 18 month gap in employment is a red flag to any prospective employer.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 23, 2009 11:03

That's rather good news. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 23, 2009 15:39

tatters
thecitadel
[news.bbc.co.uk]

If you beat someone up in the UK you get a warning? What happens if you kill someone? They slap your face?

In some parts of the UK, they allow you to be a government minister...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 23, 2009 15:44

What about presumption of innocence ? Did she file charges ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home