Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ronnie Cautioned over "Common assault": BBC
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 23, 2009 15:58

Got to love many people on this board---They are the judge and jury all in one..Ronnie is so quickly judged being guilty without any proof.
It reminds me of the older people who made fun of the Stones when they 1st came out or what a lot of older generation had to say about many of the kids from the 60's just for how they looked or acted..Wow how fast have we turned the clocks back to the victorian times!!

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: December 23, 2009 16:15

open-g
check # 1 court thumbs up

check # 2 rehab, pending

check # 3 medical pass, pending

check # 4 tour 2010, pending

go, Ronnie Go!

check # 1 court thumbs up

check # 2 rehab, pending

check # 3 go back with Kat, pending

check # 4 wedding, pending

check # 5 divorce after 2 weeks, pending

check # 6 rehab, pending

check # 7 fall in love with a pole dancer, pending

etc, etc....

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 23, 2009 16:23

great he's been let off...brilliant.
He can now tour with the Stones.
Phew...what a relief....i thought he was going to be put behind bars for a petty crime of physically abusing a woman...thank god the police had some sense and let him off.

Bring on the Stones - the most important thing in the world.

merry xmas.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 23, 2009 17:11

Midnight Toker
who said woody "beat up" anyone? i have yet to see anything in photos to indicate this. tabloid B.S. and pure speculation at best. don't believe everyone you hear or read in a stupid tabloid.

goodbye electrina, you are just another moonlight mile on down the road. have mom fix you a big bowl of borscht and search the classified ads for a house and a legit job. will you be listing Woody as your previous employer on your job application?. remember, having an 18 month gap in employment is a red flag to any prospective employer.
Their were witnesses who saw him do this on the street. Not just tabloid specualation. Plus he wouldn't have been Cautioned if it was just tabloid speculation.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 23, 2009 18:42

hot stuff
Got to love many people on this board---They are the judge and jury all in one..Ronnie is so quickly judged being guilty without any proof.
It reminds me of the older people who made fun of the Stones when they 1st came out or what a lot of older generation had to say about many of the kids from the 60's just for how they looked or acted..Wow how fast have we turned the clocks back to the victorian times!!

see this post from earlier in the thread: according to the definition of a "caution," he's already admitted he's guilty.

Green Lady
Actually, technically a caution is a conviction (because you have to admit the offence in order for the police to caution rather than charge).

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 23, 2009 18:46

hot stuff
Ronnie is so quickly judged being guilty without any proof.

That's why I wrote :

SwayStones
What about presumption of innocence ? Did "she "file charges ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 23, 2009 18:52

the ramblings of a little brat jilted lover, ronnie probably did nothing but giver her her walking papers and she went off the deep end like many young girls do

Date: December 23, 2009 19:00

Melillo thats what i'm talking about...Plus i'm not going to judge Ronnie when i don't know the entire story..To me they were both wrong..And if what has come out that she had a boyfriend while she was asking Woodie for his home then i don't blame him for throwing her out..The next time i hope instead of him throwing her out he should just call the police and have her removed!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2009 19:12

ive said this before .what i think happened is ronnie caught her stealing from him and rocking ronnie had a major ROW about it !

Date: December 23, 2009 19:21

Greek----Right..And sadly i think i would act the same way if it happened to me. I hope not but it never did so i really don't know what i do..

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 23, 2009 19:34

Didn't someone point out that being "cautioned" requires admission of guilt?

Perhaps there is some official record that can be found online that states what Ronnie admitted to.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 23, 2009 19:47

Edith Grove
Didn't someone point out that being "cautioned" requires admission of guilt?

Perhaps there is some official record that can be found online that states what Ronnie admitted to.

An Adult Caution is not a form of sentence (which only a court can impose), nor
is it a criminal conviction. It is, however an admission of guilt.

This is available in UK ,am I mistaken ?
What about US ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 23, 2009 19:51

In the U.S., depending on what State, an admission of guilt might get a suspended sentence or probation with community service depending on the severity of the charge.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 23, 2009 20:18

Accepting a caution is understood to be an admission of guilt. A caution is offered when it's not considered to be in the public interest to take a case to court. You can refuse a caution, but then you might end up in court on trial trying to prove your innocence. So I guess most people in that position prefer to take the caution as a slap on the wrist and avoid going to court unless they have good evidence to prove their innocence.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 23, 2009 20:25

71Tele
Personally, I find all this "go Ronnie go" sentiment rather depressing. Let's get him to rehab one more time! Who cares if he knocked around a woman? Who cares if he drinks himself to death, as long as it's after the tour! Just do whatever it takes to prop him up onstage for two hours so he can do whatever exactly he does one more time and we can get our little Rolling Stones fix. Throw the money around, grease the wheels, get the lawyers, doctors, insurance people and promoters all on the same page, so we can have one last tour with the great Ronnie Wood. Has it occurred to us that maybe it's in his personal best interest NOT to tour? It's not like we're getting the Rolling Stones of 30 - or even 10 - years ago, so why the urgency?

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade. I love the Stones as much as anyone here, but I find some of this "tour with Ronnie at any cost" stuff a bit much to take.

Amen.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 23, 2009 20:27

Case closed........thanks 71Tele

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 24, 2009 16:46

What a difference 42 years makes, eh? Used to be a Rolling Stone would do jail time for having a few prescription pills in his pocket. Now a Stone can smack a girl around and all they do is tell him "Hey! Ronnie! Knock off the rough stuff, okay? Nobody thinks you're funny! Next time you're gonna be in trouble!"

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 24, 2009 17:13

tatters
What a difference 42 years makes, eh? Used to be a Rolling Stone would do jail time for having a few prescription pills in his pocket. Now a Stone can smack a girl around and all they do is tell him "Hey! Ronnie! Knock off the rough stuff, okay? Nobody thinks you're funny! Next time you're gonna be in trouble!"

Ah yes, just one more ticket for me next year.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: December 24, 2009 17:22

tatters

Oh come on. Where is your evidence that he "smacked her around". Sure, it was a volatile relationship, and I don't think anyone comes out of this smelling of roses. It looks like he has acted like an old fool. I am personally not convinced Ronnie is a "wife beater".

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 24, 2009 17:29

Denial is a lot wider than the river in africa. He picked up a whore and then he got mad b/c she was carrying on with a boy friend on the side. He tried to put a cigarette out in her face and dragged her 20 feet ACCORDING TO WITNESSES.

ALCOHOL brings the @#$%& out. The facts is the facts.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: December 24, 2009 17:51

tumbled
Denial is a lot wider than the river in africa. He picked up a whore and then he got mad b/c she was carrying on with a boy friend on the side. He tried to put a cigarette out in her face and dragged her 20 feet ACCORDING TO WITNESSES.

And your respect for women seems to be as deep as a puddle. I never called her a "whore". And I certainly am not condoning violence perpetrated by men upon women. This sorry episode has been flogged to death. Who knows what happened. I don't think I will post any more on this subject unless new FACTS come to light. Its just one of those divisive things.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 24, 2009 18:34

aint kharma something ? see what happens to good people that have good kharma ?they get OFF with a caution .

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 25, 2009 03:06

letitloose-

Woody dragging a woman 20 ft? That is a bunch of baloney. If you have ever met him, which I have, his arms are like toothpicks. He didn't drag her anywhere. He'd have a hard time dragging a keg of Guinness across the room let alone dragging a human being.

Witnesses? What are their names and where are their statements? Where is a copy of the police report? Is there any video tape of the incident? Nope. Photos of a battered girlfriend? Nope. Bruises? Nope. Scratches? Nope. Nothing. Nada.

The only thing that got hit was her pocketbook and her Moms pocketbook. Goodbye sugar daddy Ronnie and say hello to reality. Electrina, please bring me my check, so I can pay my tab and leave. Thank you.

Woody walks, bullcrap talks. Case closed.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 25, 2009 03:29

Why don't you ask Mr. Legge what he saw: from the article:

But maybe you didn't read it:

"Former health centre manager Phillip Legge and his wife Celine told how they were woken by the pair arguing outside their house on the High Street in Claygate, Surrey, on Wednesday night.

'We had just gone to bed at about 10.45pm when we heard this man shouting and screaming at the top of his voice,' Mr Legge said.
'He was shouting, "You are a f***ing b****" and then "You are a f***ing w****" and it was really loud.
'I could hear a woman screaming for him to leave her alone and initially thought it was two people just having a row.

'But the screaming went on and on and I went downstairs and then out into the street.
'It was then I saw this man dragging a woman down the road.
'She had been on the floor by a shop-front to begin with and he was towering over her screaming abuse into her face. He had really viciously turned on her.'
Mr Legge, 30, said he did not recognise the Rolling Stone, who he said was dragging the woman by her coat collar along the ground before trying to take her handbag from her. "

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: December 25, 2009 04:25

Not to change the subject, but...

There seems to be a prevailing opinion that getting Ronnie on the road will straighten him out and get him healthier. That is untrue. Anyone who is on the road or has been on the road can tell you how it is one of the most exhausting things you can ever go through, no matter how many creature comforts you can afford.

And it would greatly increase the likelihood of substance abuse, not decrease it. The last thing Ronnie Wood needs right now is a world tour.

Date: December 25, 2009 04:29

tumbled

Wow.

Date: December 25, 2009 16:13

From4tilLate

There seems to be a prevailing opinion that getting Ronnie on the road will straighten him out and get him healthier. That is untrue. Anyone who is on the road or has been on the road can tell you how it is one of the most exhausting things you can ever go through, no matter how many creature comforts you can afford.

And it would greatly increase the likelihood of substance abuse, not decrease it. The last thing Ronnie Wood needs right now is a world tour.

But for someone like Ronnie, NOT touring is even worse, and getting thrown out of the band would mean certain death.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: December 25, 2009 16:18

tatters
From4tilLate

But for someone like Ronnie, NOT touring is even worse, and getting thrown out of the band would mean certain death.

That's because he's carrying on as if life were one long tour.

Date: December 25, 2009 16:31

From4tilLate
tatters
From4tilLate

For someone like Ronnie, life can only be one of two things. It can be one long tour, or it can be one long vacation. I don't know about you, but I can get myself into ALL KINDS of trouble if I have even a few DAYS off from work!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 25, 2009 19:55

tatters
From4tilLate
tatters
From4tilLate

For someone like Ronnie, life can only be one of two things. It can be one long tour, or it can be one long vacation. I don't know about you, but I can get myself into ALL KINDS of trouble if I have even a few DAYS off from work!
The problem with Ronnie is it doesn't matter if he's touring or not. He just can't battle his demons. But I do think that if he were on tour,it might help keep him under control a bit. At least have some structure and people looking after him. Right now he has no self control and is his own worst enemy.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home