Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Eagles & Fleetwood Mac to tour together (some Stones content)
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 22, 2009 03:17

DaveG
The Eagles aren't bad. I would rather see the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac again, with Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer. They knew how to play the blues and they rocked. I wonder if Stevie Nicks will still be twirling around onstage like a 3-year old in a fairy costume.

There's a little club near me in Detroit that's having a sort of mini blues festival next month. They've got Jeremy Spencer one night, and Big Bill Morganfield (son of Muddy Waters) the next. THAT would be something I might want to go to.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 22, 2009 05:42

tatters, if I lived anywhere near Detroit I'd definitely go!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 22, 2009 06:12

Love The Eagles and the current version of Fleetwood Mac. Both very good bands.I wouldn't go to a stadium to see them.But wouldn't go to a stadium to see the Stones either. I would be slightly intrigued if the Eagles and Mac played arenas at a quasi-reasonable price....and if Joe Walsh and Lindsey Buckingham jammed together.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 25, 2009 17:29

tatters
DaveG
The Eagles aren't bad. I would rather see the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac again, with Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer. They knew how to play the blues and they rocked. I wonder if Stevie Nicks will still be twirling around onstage like a 3-year old in a fairy costume.

There's a little club near me in Detroit that's having a sort of mini blues festival next month. They've got Jeremy Spencer one night, and Big Bill Morganfield (son of Muddy Waters) the next. THAT would be something I might want to go to.

[www.themagicbag.com]
[jeremyspencer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-25 17:31 by tatters.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: December 25, 2009 19:40

After I read "maybe the Rolling Stones" I lost interest in his opinion.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-25 19:43 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 28, 2009 15:49

I like the Eagles and I also like Fleetwood Mac. Especially early Mac Oh Well is a great song as is the original Black magic Woman

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 28, 2009 18:12

I guessed that the "some Stones content" was that both bands were "sucking in the seventies."

That said, Joe Walsh is an excellent guitar player. The James Gang reunion show a couple years ago was fantastic.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 28, 2009 18:50

loog droog
I guessed that the "some Stones content" was that both bands were "sucking in the seventies."

Brief mention in the article that the Stones are one of the few remaining acts that can still draw a large audiance.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 28, 2009 19:15

Edith Grove
loog droog

Brief mention in the article that the Stones are one of the few remaining acts that can still draw a large audiance.

Yes. I read that.

Let me explain:

The two musical acts called Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles were popular in the 1970's.

The Rolling Stones rock group once released an album called, "Sucking In the Seventies."

My comment reflected my opinion of those two musical acts

That they suck.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home