Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: question for Buddy Holly fans
Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: January 19, 2007 02:29

Crying, Waiting, Hoping is one of my favorite Holly songs. I know it was released after his death with overdubs. However I just got the Buddy Holly Collection (Great set, I recommend getting it if you can) and it states the songs first worldwide release was in 1965. However the Beatles played the song at their Decca Audions Christmas day 1962 and subsequently at the BBC in 1963. How was this possible if the song wasnt released until 1965?

Re: OT: question for Buddy Holly fans
Posted by: drake ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:21

It was written back in 1958. You can find the original, sans overdubs, in the Apartment Sessions. Fantastic song. I'm with you man. Its definitely my favorite Buddy Holly tune.

-Drake

Date: January 19, 2007 05:32

Yeah, Ive asked about the apt tapes on here, and no one had them. But would the beatles have had access to those in 1961?

Posted by: drake ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:50

I don't have a good answer for that. If you need the apartment tapes let me know.

-Drake

Date: January 19, 2007 07:12

Hi Drake, Id love them. I want to hear what they sound like undubbed. I assume you have them, so do they have the Hensen overdubs on your disc as well?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 19, 2007 10:51

checkout the fabulous Marty Stuart/Steve Earle version of this song, on the Buddy Holly Tribute album 'Not Fade Away'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home