Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is Keith US citizen?
Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 14, 2009 12:09

I thought, Keith just lives in US, as resident alien, and still is UK subject - but read somewhere he is US cityzen. Is it true?

Re: Is Keith US citizen?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 14, 2009 12:23

kater-v
I thought, Keith just lives in US, as resident alien, and still is UK subject

I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 14, 2009 12:27

Keith is a U.S. Resident - not U.S. Citizen

He still holds a UK Psssport

Date: December 14, 2009 12:35

In my line of work, I encounter many UK Citizens who reside in the U.S. for one reason or another. Very few take the opportunity to naturalize and take U.S. Citizenship when eligible.

Date: December 14, 2009 13:31

Thank you, Edith Grove,Big Al!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 14, 2009 18:24

No matter where he lives no one can understand him...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 14, 2009 18:45

it's good to be here .it's good to be anywhere .awright lets cut the crap

Date: December 14, 2009 20:29

skipstone
No matter where he lives no one can understand him...
Really? Why?))

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:34

>> Really? Why? <<

Keith isn't hard to understand, but all some people hear is
a charicature that journalists concocted 35 years ago.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:37

i find keith easy to understand

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:39

Sometimes people just have to listen....I understand the man!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 14, 2009 21:53

So do I - but I had the unfair advantage of being brought up on the same 1950s-London-suburban-English as the Stones. But it's usually well worth the effort to work out what Keith's saying.

Date: December 14, 2009 22:01

Green Lady
So do I - but I had the unfair advantage of being brought up on the same 1950s-London-suburban-English as the Stones. But it's usually well worth the effort to work out what Keith's saying.
His speach does have the traces of local prononciation, rigth?
Yeah, I always try and catch (well,sometimes try hard, but I`m a foreigner)) - and never regret)).

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 14, 2009 22:11

He's a US resident & a UK subject.

Date: December 14, 2009 22:12

kater-v
Green Lady
His speach does have the traces of local prononciation, rigth?
Yeah, I always try and catch (well,sometimes try hard, but I`m a foreigner)) - and never regret)).

No, he hasn't got a strong London accent - certainly not a "Cockney" one, or even a fake-Cockney one like Mick's. It's more in the phrasing and slang and ways of saying things than in the actual sound of the words.

Date: December 14, 2009 23:02

Can't roll with the joke eh? Damn...

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 14, 2009 23:23

ghostryder13
i find keith easy to understand

i hardly ever speak to him...;-)

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Date: December 15, 2009 01:12

HEILOOBAAS
He's a US resident & a UK subject.

Not quite: he's a U.S. Resident and a UK Citizen.

'Subject' status is something a little different.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 15, 2009 01:22

KR also has a jamaican passport. he is a non US and non UK resident for tax reasons based on an article i read in an investment magazine many years ago.things may have changed since.

as far as i know,KR can live in the USA for up to 6 months/year.otherwise,you will find him in jamaica,aruba, or in the UK where he has also owns homes.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: December 15, 2009 03:10

I thought if you were married to an American, you can automatically become a US citizen if you want to do it. I never heard that there is any restrictions on the amount of time that he can stay in the US if he's not a citzen, but married to an American. Patti I assume is an American citizen.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 15, 2009 03:45

Midnight Toker
as far as i know,KR can live in the USA for up to 6 months/year.
I'm sure he has a green card based on his marriage with an American citizen, so there is no time restriction.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 15, 2009 06:51

with sssoul
>> Really? Why? <<

Keith isn't hard to understand, but all some people hear is
a charicature that journalists concocted 35 years ago.

that's true. Any time you see a Keith impression its someone mumbling incoherently, yet I can't think of a single actual interview he did where I had a hard time understanding him.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 15, 2009 06:53

Koen- excellent point. i know that his tax liabilty is not based on being a US citizen.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: December 15, 2009 07:41

Actually he spends most of his time in the Turks & Caicos. He is a US Permanent Resident and a UK Citizen. I have no idea where he's legally domiciled as I don't prepare his taxes.

OLDKR

Date: December 15, 2009 10:24

Keith's tax return - now there is something nobody can understand! I bet there's a lot of fast footwork going on there.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 15, 2009 12:25

oldkr
Actually he spends most of his time in the Turks & Caicos. He is a US Permanent Resident and a UK Citizen. I have no idea where he's legally domiciled as I don't prepare his taxes.

OLDKR

According to the New York Times article the three members of the Rolling Stones have channeled about $402 million in income through Holland and have paid Holland $7.2 million in taxes – that works out to a tax rate of around 1.5%. Had the $402 million landed in Great Britain, where the three members of the Rolling Stones are citizens, the tax rate would have been 40%. Holland's 1.5% tax on the Stone's income generated $7.2 million for the treasury while Britain's 40% generated $0.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: December 15, 2009 12:32

chris girard
I thought if you were married to an American, you can automatically become a US citizen if you want to do it. I never heard that there is any restrictions on the amount of time that he can stay in the US if he's not a citzen, but married to an American. Patti I assume is an American citizen.

Marrying an American would enable you to reside in the States for an indefinite period, but wouldn't entitle you to automatic U.S. Citizenship.

Patti is a U.S. Citizen by virtue of being born there.

Date: December 15, 2009 12:34

oldkr

OLDKR

The Turks and Caicos Island is a British Overseas Territory: I suspect that could be a factor in the amount of time he is able to spend there

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 15, 2009 16:08

Nope.

Big Al
oldkr

OLDKR

The Turks and Caicos Island is a British Overseas Territory: I suspect that could be a factor in the amount of time he is able to spend there

Date: December 15, 2009 16:48

And the Turks and Caicos islands are further South than the Bahamas so it's that much warmer too!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home