Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Keith US citizen?
Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 14, 2009 12:09

I thought, Keith just lives in US, as resident alien, and still is UK subject - but read somewhere he is US cityzen. Is it true?

Re: Is Keith US citizen?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 14, 2009 12:23

kater-v
I thought, Keith just lives in US, as resident alien, and still is UK subject

I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 14, 2009 12:27

Keith is a U.S. Resident - not U.S. Citizen

He still holds a UK Psssport

Date: December 14, 2009 12:35

In my line of work, I encounter many UK Citizens who reside in the U.S. for one reason or another. Very few take the opportunity to naturalize and take U.S. Citizenship when eligible.

Date: December 14, 2009 13:31

Thank you, Edith Grove,Big Al!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 14, 2009 18:24

No matter where he lives no one can understand him...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 14, 2009 18:45

it's good to be here .it's good to be anywhere .awright lets cut the crap

Date: December 14, 2009 20:29

skipstone
No matter where he lives no one can understand him...
Really? Why?))

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:34

>> Really? Why? <<

Keith isn't hard to understand, but all some people hear is
a charicature that journalists concocted 35 years ago.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:37

i find keith easy to understand

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:39

Sometimes people just have to listen....I understand the man!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 14, 2009 21:53

So do I - but I had the unfair advantage of being brought up on the same 1950s-London-suburban-English as the Stones. But it's usually well worth the effort to work out what Keith's saying.

Date: December 14, 2009 22:01

Green Lady
So do I - but I had the unfair advantage of being brought up on the same 1950s-London-suburban-English as the Stones. But it's usually well worth the effort to work out what Keith's saying.
His speach does have the traces of local prononciation, rigth?
Yeah, I always try and catch (well,sometimes try hard, but I`m a foreigner)) - and never regret)).

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 14, 2009 22:11

He's a US resident & a UK subject.

Date: December 14, 2009 22:12

kater-v
Green Lady
His speach does have the traces of local prononciation, rigth?
Yeah, I always try and catch (well,sometimes try hard, but I`m a foreigner)) - and never regret)).

No, he hasn't got a strong London accent - certainly not a "Cockney" one, or even a fake-Cockney one like Mick's. It's more in the phrasing and slang and ways of saying things than in the actual sound of the words.

Date: December 14, 2009 23:02

Can't roll with the joke eh? Damn...

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 14, 2009 23:23

ghostryder13
i find keith easy to understand

i hardly ever speak to him...;-)

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Date: December 15, 2009 01:12

HEILOOBAAS
He's a US resident & a UK subject.

Not quite: he's a U.S. Resident and a UK Citizen.

'Subject' status is something a little different.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 15, 2009 01:22

KR also has a jamaican passport. he is a non US and non UK resident for tax reasons based on an article i read in an investment magazine many years ago.things may have changed since.

as far as i know,KR can live in the USA for up to 6 months/year.otherwise,you will find him in jamaica,aruba, or in the UK where he has also owns homes.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: December 15, 2009 03:10

I thought if you were married to an American, you can automatically become a US citizen if you want to do it. I never heard that there is any restrictions on the amount of time that he can stay in the US if he's not a citzen, but married to an American. Patti I assume is an American citizen.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 15, 2009 03:45

Midnight Toker
as far as i know,KR can live in the USA for up to 6 months/year.
I'm sure he has a green card based on his marriage with an American citizen, so there is no time restriction.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 15, 2009 06:51

with sssoul
>> Really? Why? <<

Keith isn't hard to understand, but all some people hear is
a charicature that journalists concocted 35 years ago.

that's true. Any time you see a Keith impression its someone mumbling incoherently, yet I can't think of a single actual interview he did where I had a hard time understanding him.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 15, 2009 06:53

Koen- excellent point. i know that his tax liabilty is not based on being a US citizen.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: December 15, 2009 07:41

Actually he spends most of his time in the Turks & Caicos. He is a US Permanent Resident and a UK Citizen. I have no idea where he's legally domiciled as I don't prepare his taxes.

OLDKR

Date: December 15, 2009 10:24

Keith's tax return - now there is something nobody can understand! I bet there's a lot of fast footwork going on there.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 15, 2009 12:25

oldkr
Actually he spends most of his time in the Turks & Caicos. He is a US Permanent Resident and a UK Citizen. I have no idea where he's legally domiciled as I don't prepare his taxes.

OLDKR

According to the New York Times article the three members of the Rolling Stones have channeled about $402 million in income through Holland and have paid Holland $7.2 million in taxes – that works out to a tax rate of around 1.5%. Had the $402 million landed in Great Britain, where the three members of the Rolling Stones are citizens, the tax rate would have been 40%. Holland's 1.5% tax on the Stone's income generated $7.2 million for the treasury while Britain's 40% generated $0.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: December 15, 2009 12:32

chris girard
I thought if you were married to an American, you can automatically become a US citizen if you want to do it. I never heard that there is any restrictions on the amount of time that he can stay in the US if he's not a citzen, but married to an American. Patti I assume is an American citizen.

Marrying an American would enable you to reside in the States for an indefinite period, but wouldn't entitle you to automatic U.S. Citizenship.

Patti is a U.S. Citizen by virtue of being born there.

Date: December 15, 2009 12:34

oldkr

OLDKR

The Turks and Caicos Island is a British Overseas Territory: I suspect that could be a factor in the amount of time he is able to spend there

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 15, 2009 16:08

Nope.

Big Al
oldkr

OLDKR

The Turks and Caicos Island is a British Overseas Territory: I suspect that could be a factor in the amount of time he is able to spend there

Date: December 15, 2009 16:48

And the Turks and Caicos islands are further South than the Bahamas so it's that much warmer too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2277
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home