Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Songs you used to go pee at Stones shows?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 13, 2009 21:40

A pee run takes about ten minutes.

At £150 a ticket, a piss will see you lose about 1/12th of the show at least, so that last beer will have cost you approximately £13 - probably four times what the drink actually cost you to buy in the first place (In the US, a similar piss run will actually have cost you in excess of $40 if youve paid for one of the $450 (plus charges) tickets) . You're also going to miss as many as two songs - about 10-11% of the show.

Probably best to have knocked back your last drink about an hour before the Stones go on. Easier said than done of course.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 13, 2009 21:56

Date: December 13, 2009 21:40

At £150 a ticket, a piss will see you lose about 1/12th of the show at least, so that last beer will have cost you approximately £13 - probably four times what the drink actually cost you to buy in the first place (In the US, a similar piss run will actually have cost you in excess of $40 if youve paid for one of the $450 (plus charges) tickets) . You're also going to miss as many as two songs - about 10-11% of the show.

Probably best to have knocked back your last drink about an hour before the Stones go on. Easier said than done of course.

Hadn't seen it that way. I'll have a rubber band next year!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:23

If ya bustin' for a slash then pray they don't play Rain Fall Down....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:34

WOW!

Looks like Mick posted the "best answer" here: [answers.yahoo.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:49

I had to leave my seat To urinate during Start Me Up but wished I didn't have to.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:53

I remember getting a good spot on the floor at the Roseland Ballroom show, and praying to God i wouldn't have to pee because I would never get my spot back. That meant tsanding all the through Johnny Lang (awful), and then the long set-up before the Stones went on...At least with reserve seats I can skip the opening act and get a good pee in right before the Stones come on. I've never had a problem.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:56

Gazza

Think your right Gazza, next time I will pee to the guy next to me.......end if he looks to me I will say .....thinks it gonna rain .....or what's the matter with you boooooooy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-13 23:11 by NICOS.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:03

Gazza

Well considering you can usually hear it anywhere in the stadium or arena and your usually just staring at a screen anyway. The opprtunity to give my bladder some relief is much more important than hearing Start Me Up for the 20th time.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:27

The intrduction and Keith's two songs - "A pee and buy 5 new beers break" - lot's of peoiple with same idea, but could be handle within those 10 minutes.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:30

I know this - if I'm paying x amount of $100 plus, no matter what country? I'm not wasting x-amount of money on stupid beer when the reason I'm there is for the music. If I want to drink beer I'll stay home.

Aside from that point, if I have to pee no matter what, see the songs I said are my piss breaks. Last Stones show I saw I didn't drink beer but I still had to pee. Satisfaction was it.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:32

Gazza

Gazza - there is usually a longer queue in the women's but I can do a run in well under ten. I think you are not doing your lavatory location research thoroughly enough before the show!! Sorry to say I do it in Keith's section - love the man but it really can be painful these days!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:35

I took my 70-year old Mom to the Phoenix show a couple of years ago - she is a singer and knows a bit about music - and was very worried about how she would take Keith's set. Much to my surprised she was utterly moved by "Slippin' Away" - go figure.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:56

Edith Grove
WOW!

Looks like Mick posted the "best answer" here: [answers.yahoo.com]

>>it's easier for women than for men <<

Errr...it's not my opinion .I won't go into details.

>>she'd use to wear a skirt or a dress and sit down <<

Does that mean she didn't wear underwear ?confused smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: December 14, 2009 00:00

We guy's have an alternative SwayStones

Date: December 14, 2009 00:02

By the way ......alway's though girls didn't wear underwear at concerts ....as they already were trow to the band

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:19

NICOS
We guy's have an alternative SwayStones

hé hé ..next concert I will be next to a man with a kilt ...I will be aware of this .cool smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:54

I will usually opt for a shot or 2 of tequila instead of beer prior to a show, thus avoiding the necessity of a pee break.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:56

BluzDude
I will usually opt for a shot or 2 of tequila instead of beer prior to a show, thus avoiding the necessity of a pee break.

In the old days they used to have intermissions. Watch em for an hour-twenty then take a break. What's up with that now? The band just wants to get out of there?

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 14, 2009 01:01

BluzDude

In the old days they used to have intermissions. Watch em for an hour-twenty then take a break. What's up with that now? The band just wants to get out of there?

I will get somewhat messy in 60,000 people will try to get to the bathrooms all at once.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 14, 2009 01:58

i use the empty beer-cup....very clever, innit? ;-)

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-14 01:59 by guitarbastard.

Date: December 14, 2009 01:59

ChefGuevara

BluzDude

I will get somewhat messy in 60,000 people will try to get to the bathrooms all at once.

Are you kidding? Stones had intermission at RFK in '89 for 60,000 plus. I remember that - my girlfriend took off while I was standing in line for beer, and she ended up hitchiking back to my place late that night. Weird things happen at Stones shows. They had Living Colour as the warm up band. I was on the field. I guess you don't remember intermissions.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 14, 2009 02:55

Brue
Stones had intermission at RFK in '89 for 60,000 plus.

I've seen the Stones on every tour since '78 and don't ever remember an intermission, unless your counting the time between acts.

Date: December 14, 2009 03:04

Brue
BluzDude

Unless you saw them when they were playing in clubs around 1962-63, thats absolutely untrue.

Date: December 14, 2009 03:06

I swear I think the Stones took a break, because I remember me and my girlfriend watching the first half of the Stones together. I remember when they came out on stage, and she was there. And then they took a break later on. Almost sure about that.

Or you could be right. It's possible. At least we got that 1 hour 10 jam up front.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 14, 2009 03:34

Ususally during Keef's songs as I don't need to hear another tired version of 'appy as Mick used to introduce it.......

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 03:55

NONE!
No way I pay that much money to see a band I love and pee during a song! I can hold it.

Date: December 14, 2009 03:57

Brue
I swear I think the Stones took a break, because I remember me and my girlfriend watching the first half of the Stones together. I remember when they came out on stage, and she was there. And then they took a break later on. Almost sure about that.

They didnt. Maybe when they did 'sets' in clubs in the early days , but certainly not since theyve become a touring band. Ever.

Date: December 14, 2009 05:51

The Stones do not take a set break at least voluntarily anyway. I was at the Charlottesville Va. Scott stadium 2005 ABB show when some idiot phoned in a bomb threat and the Stones left the stage only to return a while later after it was determined that everything was o.k. Great show + no Keith set.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 14, 2009 07:34

Thief in the nIght

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 14, 2009 08:55

Rock and a hard place...boring song live...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2304
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home