Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Watching Charlie Play
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 26, 2006 22:34

On Four Flicks there's a couple of select-a-Stone segments, and in its own way, it's fascinating to watch Charlie. At times he seems detached, just getting into the groove, at others he's watching Keith & Mick intently, waiting for cues, and occasionally you see a big smile.

Now, being a bassplayer, I didn't often look at the drummer, unless he did something drastically right or drastically wrong.

However, I like watching Charlie play -- his impeccable sense of timing and perfectly-placed cymbal crashes make him a great example of how to play with no wasted motion. This is how he continues to keep the engine pounding away at the age of 65.

Re: Watching Charlie Play
Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: December 27, 2006 17:53

I got Four Flicks for Christmas. I've watched Charlie on these already, and you're right. He's actually having a much better time back there than I ever thought. He's also much more involved in the overall scheme of things than I ever imagined. I've maintained that Charlie could NOT be talked into yet another massive tour in a couple of years, but if he spends the next two years relaxing and attending to his own interests, he maybe could be possibly coaxed somewhat.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 27, 2006 18:09

Stumbled over an article about the Stones' kids,
nice pics of Charlie with his daughter Seraphina etc...

[www.aftonbladet.se]

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 27, 2006 18:11

More luvly pics [www.wireimage.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home