Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Vikings
Date: December 5, 2009 00:42

What is the special connection with the band and the Stones "Vikings"?
Could somebody relay any details? There seems to be many photos of band members with this group...
smiling smiley I have some Viking blood in me - can I join your coterie? Tack så mycket!

Re: Stones Vikings
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 5, 2009 01:06

The Stones have been closet Vikings fans for years, and now that we've got Brett Favre, I believe they're showing more open support of the Vikes drive towards this years Super Bowl, even with The Who and Roger Daltry's shaky voice as halftime entertainment.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 5, 2009 01:08

Not sure if they can beat the Saints.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 5, 2009 03:15

I am a real Viking. By name.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 5, 2009 03:20

You're not the only one; BV

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-05 18:18 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: December 5, 2009 11:22

Re. Vikings
(and other stories) by the books no "viking" have ever existed !
Only barbarians !
Who rape, slaguhter children, women and conquer other part of the world .....

but Stonesvikings is another story......
Have you meet some of us You'll know

Were in it for the Rock n Roll, drugs. money and chicks winking smiley
and of course the music of THE greatest Band On Earth
THE ROLLING STONES

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-05 11:45 by rob.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 5, 2009 14:04

Wanton Witch of the Côte
What is the special connection with the band and the Stones "Vikings"?
Could somebody relay any details? There seems to be many photos of band members with this group...
smiling smiley I have some Viking blood in me - can I join your coterie? Tack så mycket!

Well, that is a well kept secret winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: December 14, 2009 04:40

Well, we are a bunch of hardcore Stonesfans who first got together during the Stockholm Trilogy 2003. Everybody pretty much knew about the others, but when our nicks were revealed to eachother, things just fell in to place. Since then we have daily contact with eachother with the help of either mail or telephone. When we can, we go visit a NSV member, just to party or, go to a concert or recordfair. We are from Sweden and Finland. We like to trade CDs and DVDs. If you would like to trade, just mail anyone of us, or register in our messageboard and we´ll see what we can do. Also, have a look around the members pages!

Don´t ask for a membership, as it´s not going to happen. A NSV membership comes to those whom we think fit in, and most of all is a good friend in real life.
NSV does not aim to be a huge association.

We don´t feel the need to tell the Stones story here, plenty of excellent pages out there which do an excellent job of that, have a look in the links section for our favorites.

Cheers and may God speed The Rolling Stones smileys with beer

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-14 04:42 by Harlix.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 14, 2009 13:14

I know there's one photo of the Stones at a meet and greet in Gothenburg, with two Vikings. That's the only encounter I've heard about.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 14, 2009 13:19

I'm buildin a wooden ship ...wanna join...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 14, 2009 13:26

Not sure who they are, but they all have beards. I;m sure they are powerful drinkers; good website. Who took all those photos?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 14, 2009 13:28

My mum is from Denmark and her maiden name was Lassen. So I'm half Viking. I'd like to become an honourary member? Mange tak.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 14, 2009 18:18

Ummm, the Vikings aren't going to be in this year's Super Bowl because it already happened back in February...

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 14, 2009 18:21

Addicted
I know there's one photo of the Stones at a meet and greet in Gothenburg, with two Vikings. That's the only encounter I've heard about.

Then I would recommend this book about more encounters:
[www.premiumpublishing.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: December 14, 2009 18:30

@#$%& great bunch of guys and thats a fact!!

'Nuff said

Keep on rockin brothers and sisters

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: December 14, 2009 19:13

We are 21 dedicated fans in the club. The majority of the gang got hooked on the Stones during the 70’s so we have been around for a while. There are also a few of us who “got it” already in the 60’s. Just click on the “bios” of the members and you may find things like this:

“One day 1964 a friend of mine got a record from his brother who had been to UK - FIVE BY FIVE - I was ”All sold out ” never heard anything like that. You know ! 14 years old”

Another member was hanging out with the band regularly during the 60’s. Among other interesting stories he can tell is the one where Mick and Keith were playing on his mothers piano in a suburb to Stockholm. The embryo of one of the songs that ended up on Sticky Fingers was done right there before his eyes. Many of us have been on the right spot at the right time and connections have developed through the years. There may even be Christmas cards coming and going…

We usually get a lot of inside information long before they surface here or on other places. Sometimes we tell them but usually we do not. Why? Well, there is no interest what so ever for us to tell things as we will just be shot down by people criticising whatever news we bring. Comments like, “what is your source” “prove it” “we don’t buy that crap” and so on, well you know the beat. A good example was the news that all albums from Sticky Fingers and on will be reissued and remastered by Universal. We were the first ones to put out that info but hardly anyone believed us.

But basically we are a gang who just love the greatest band of all time, Da Rolling Stones. We have been there at concerts since the 60’s, we have been building contacts, we collect and investigate LP’s CD’s and whatever collectibles are out there. No more no less. See ya at the next tour.

And no, you cannot be a member of Nordic Stones Vikings. Our goal is to keep the amount of members at a minimum.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 14, 2009 19:25

A bit disappointed Jan, though we had something correspondingly

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 19:33

That's a great thing to have a close group like that!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 14, 2009 22:39

And no, you cannot be a member of Nordic Stones Vikings

Awww well Jan ... I'm not that good with a compass and you can't even
imagine how hard it is ta find 300 guys interested in whips..shakles & rowing ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 14, 2009 22:42

Jan, you don't live in Georgia do ya?

Date: December 14, 2009 23:07

Noup skipstone, I do not live in Georgia smiling smiley
You may get a hint on my location from the name of our clubsmiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: December 14, 2009 23:18

That was a bit of a joke...

Date: December 15, 2009 00:15

Jep, I did put a couple of smiling smiley smiling smiley in there smileys with beer

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home