Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

deluxe Ya Yas in the charts somewhere?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 4, 2009 18:14

Any body knows? Georgelicks??

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: deluxe Ya Yas in the charts somewhere?
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: December 4, 2009 19:16

It ranks near the top of my chart, often rising up above or back below many other Stones ablums.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 4, 2009 20:36

It just got released here in Europe, as far as I know, so no chart entries yet.
But I´ll bet it´ll be a great christmas gift for many here in Europe this year. I treated myself and got both boxes.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:45

mickijaggeroo
I treated myself and got both boxes.

Really? I'm curious as to why you got the Deluxe set, when the Super Deluxe contains the 3 CD's and DVD as well?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:53

studiorambo
mickijaggeroo
I treated myself and got both boxes.

Really? I'm curious as to why you got the Deluxe set, when the Super Deluxe contains the 3 CD's and DVD as well?

Collect them all, as one bootleg company put it long ago...I´ll be getting the US versions too in sometime in the future. But that´s just me.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 13, 2009 12:53

Weekly chart of Tower Records Japan
Love You Live is sold-out condition now.

Reservation chart of Tower Records Japan.
Ya Ya's is No.1 as of today.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 13, 2009 16:53

thanks Toru-A
and go Stones :E

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 13, 2009 18:15

Right now:

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 407 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)

Popular in these categories:
#20 in Music > Rock > Classic Rock > Classic American Rock
#21 in Music > Hard Rock & Metal
#22 in Music > Miscellaneous

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 13, 2009 18:44

#21 in Music > Hard Rock & Metal

Is it #21 in Music > Hard Rock & Metal

Or #21 in Music > Hard, Rock & Metal

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:43

It didn't chart anywere in Europe so far, not even Top 200 in U.K.
I don't know what happens with their sales, they are selling worse than ever in comparison with other artists from that era.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:26

georgelicks
I don't know what happens with their sales, they are selling worse than ever in comparison with other artists from that era.

Perhaps milking out the past (once very groove) image policy plus the constant greatest hits tours had made The Stones not very sexy product in the record shops anymore. People may think why to buy any of these old albums (especially live albums) if one can see the band in a concert next year (or so) again. Let's put the money there. Perhaps the band is viewed more as a circus event than a group of artists making interesting records. Perhaps goddamn FORTY FLICKS or JUMP BACK is enough...Perhaps they will sell more once they are finally dead and gone, like the Beatles, Zeppelin, etc... perhaps perhaps perhaps... who knows...

Honestly, I think for all the minus forty somethings the image of the Stones is not the sweetest one, and for them it is hard to imagine that they actually were a real, breathing, interesting, innovative band, and not so goddamn old once. They've been playing the same goddam song some twenty years now, without any spark of innovation or creativity. Jagger can send the roses to Cohl.

- Doxa

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:58

Excellent analysis Doxa.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 14, 2009 11:30

Doxa
georgelicks

Perhaps milking out the past (once very groove) image policy plus the constant greatest hits tours had made The Stones not very sexy product in the record shops anymore. People may think why to buy any of these old albums (especially live albums) if one can see the band in a concert next year (or so) again. Let's put the money there. Perhaps the band is viewed more as a circus event than a group of artists making interesting records. Perhaps goddamn FORTY FLICKS or JUMP BACK is enough...Perhaps they will sell more once they are finally dead and gone, like the Beatles, Zeppelin, etc... perhaps perhaps perhaps... who knows...

Honestly, I think for all the minus forty somethings the image of the Stones is not the sweetest one, and for them it is hard to imagine that they actually were a real, breathing, interesting, innovative band, and not so goddamn old once. They've been playing the same goddam song some twenty years now, without any spark of innovation or creativity. Jagger can send the roses to Cohl.

- Doxa

Alas, Doxa hits the nail on the head.

...and any casual fans who may otherwise have been tempted to buy Ya Yas, will no doubt been deterred by the likes of Shine A Light and Live Licks.

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: December 15, 2009 00:28

Never mind the charts IMO there is something rotten with the stereo in this mix...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home