Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T Ipod nano
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: November 3, 2006 21:29

I recently bought a 4gb ipod nano and I can move with my whole stones albums on the road.I am very happy with but it has a major problem.I think that all portable players have some kind of restriction for the volume.Even with volume at the maximum level the songs doesn't sound real loud.Anyone knows what to do?They thought to protect our hearing but they didn't thought that we use it on the road and that needs more volume than a normal environment.Finally they never thought that all albums are not being recorded to the same volume.I mean hear a stones album and then carmina burana and see the difference.

Re: O.T Ipod nano
Posted by: ed2004 ()
Date: November 3, 2006 21:51

I would buy some noise canceling headphones, the kind that wrap around your entire ear. Ear buds just don't work well in subway trains or on airplanes, even the noise canceling ones don't work too well. A musician friend of mine said that Shure brand noise canceling ear buds work well, but they are over $500. I've seen some decent wrap around headphones for around $50 or $60.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 3, 2006 21:57

There is a freely available tool on the internet that removes the volume restriction on your ipod. Very easy to use - I can dig it out for you if you want.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: November 3, 2006 22:03

Actually, it seems that there is an official tool from Apple for this now.
[www.apple.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 3, 2006 22:15

Check the iPod settings in iTunes. There's a way to set the maximum volume somewhere.

Date: November 3, 2006 22:27

Thanks a lot guys.I'll check for the program from apple and if it doesn't work,please lorenz upload the program you mentioned.Because I am new to the ipod and because the sites that offer information and hacks don't seem that reliable I asked for this here,hoping that you'll know.About the maximize of the sound level from itunes it doesn't do anything.At least I haven't heard any difference.Maybe a tiny extra volume.

Date: November 3, 2006 22:31

Lorenz upload the program you said because it refers to volume limit that I have changed it to the highest possible level.

Date: November 3, 2006 23:06

It's easy to get - go to this website:
[gopod.free-go.net]
...press on the "go" button and download the program for your computer.
Then it should be easy - connect your Ipod and run the program. It worked perfectly for my dad's IPod but I don't know what the Apple tool did and if it gets any louder than that.

Date: November 3, 2006 23:57

I did that and immediately showed that my ipod is uncaped now.I don't think I heard any difference.Should I make something more so as to make it work.Of course there's a possibility to be wrong if it raises the volume 20% or around there.

Date: November 4, 2006 00:03

Sorry, StratoGR - I only know this tool and it worked for my dad's Ipod - you could try some Ipod hack websites, perhaps you find something?

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: November 4, 2006 01:03

Hey StratoGR! I use to have my ipod on when I sleep, at mimimum. Try to listen at max in a very silent place, i think it will damage both ears and brain. atleast I cant stand it. This morning I woke up to Animals "Iam mad again". Youll never now witch song who you will wake up to. I always sleep on my back of course,too down to twisting around.

Date: November 4, 2006 03:46

I can't stand any kind of noise when I am trying to sleep so I'll pass your suggestion.It is sure that my ears are going to be damaged in a few years.Other programs that are useful for ipod?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home