Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR 61 - the magazine
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:47

Having the printed magazine in my hands for the 61st time over the years since 1980 feels sort of weired. It is exactly 29 years since I sneaked over to the xerox machine one night at my first job November 1980 to print out some 30 copies of IORR number one... [www.iorr.org]

Every time I make a new magazine there is a different story. Normally I do never announce the new magazine until it has arrived safely to all the subscribers a week or so after the mailing. Still it's the same old story. Why am I doing this? But when the printed magazine is in my hands, fresh smelling print from the same guys who have been printing every single issue since IORR 23, then I just love it, and I get the boost I need to do another one eventually...

The reason why I am writing this is because I loved this new isssue so much. The front cover is an art, and it made it one more time. Every picture tells a story, and I feel the pictures in this issue are telling more than just a story. Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, and more. A picture is telling why we love these guys so much, and when they are together, you do see the unique part in each of them, and you understand why you spend so much time playing their songs, following their shows, following them individually and defending them whenever someone is saying bad things about our favorite band...

Last Friday I was on the final stage. Just three more days of hard work and IORR 61 would go to print Monday morning. At 11:20am Friday I got a message from my oldest son saying his pregnant wife - my daughter in law - was rushed to hospital giving birth 11 weeks early to my grandchild number four. When you have a daugher in law and a granddaughter weight 1240 grams both in uncertain conditions then working on the IORR magazine is all very different. Six days later I am happy to know that they are both well under the difficult circumstances.

The Stones are magic, and every new IORR issue is a mystery to me. I hate it during the final work but at the same time I love it because when I am having a beer and reading the magazine as the first person on the list I enjoy every picture and every story as much as all of you. I guess that is why I keep doing this, and I guess that is how I should be able to do another one, a nd another one, as long at the guys are still around, which we all hope, for a long, long time to come still.

Enjoy IORR 61. It will be mailed out tomorrow morning.

Bjornulf

Re: IORR 61 - the magazine
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:49

how i can get it?????

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:50

Glad to hear granddaughter and new Mum are now doing wellsmileys with beer

Posted by: Redstone5 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:53

Hi,confused smiley
How i can get it?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:55

Redstone5
Hi,confused smiley
How i can get it?
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:56

Havo
how i can get it?????

[www.iorr.org]

Congratulations Björnulf, to the new grandchild!
Looking forward to receiving IORR #61 in the mail.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:56

Bjornulf, congratulations to you on the birth of your 4th grandchild. There is nothing like grandchildren!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:11

BV,

Congrats!
I will be checking the mailbox daily until it arrives!

To those of you that don't subscribe...Subscribe!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:23

If you are not on the IORR magazine subscription list already then this is the place to get it:

[www.iorr.org]

Everyone who sign up within 12 hours from now will get it in the mail with the first mail-out tomorrow Friday. The rest will arrive late December or early January, as I will be very busy during the next few weeks.

My first three grandchildren were all born during the A Bigger Bang tour. For some mysterious reason they understood I am busy person and they all arrived in-beetween my show dates. This little girl may be thought I might fly out to Toronto in February, when her term was, Feb. 13, and for that I do understand, but I could not control it. I am crosssing my fingers she will make it. So far she is strong.

Bjornulf

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 00:25

Congrats, BV. You got mail.

All the best!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2009 01:04

[flinging confetti of congratulations & blessings all over all concerned]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 4, 2009 01:34

From one grandpa to another -
congrats Bjornulf and all the best to the happy family.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 4, 2009 02:13

keep up the good work& congrats for being grandad,good to hear mum and child is doing well,keep on rocking.
LIFE IS A PARTY SO ENJOY.KISH.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: December 4, 2009 02:20

Congrats, bv and keep up the good work. Your magazine and web site are just fantastic. Can't wait to get No. 61 soon.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:39

Congratulations and all good wishes to your new granddaughter.

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: December 4, 2009 11:08

Congratulations, BV!

(...Toronto... ...February...)

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 4, 2009 11:45

smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 4, 2009 11:54

Shouldn't this issue include an extended interview with Jody Klein, where he talk about future ABKCO Stones projects?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: December 4, 2009 11:59

Blueranger
Shouldn't this issue include an extended interview with Jody Klein, where he talk about future ABKCO Stones projects?

That was the insinuation by the interviewer.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 4, 2009 12:27

Well done BV. But you don't look old enough to be a grandpa. Must be all that rock n roll thatr keeps you looking young.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 4, 2009 12:44

Silver Dagger
Well done BV. But you don't look old enough to be a grandpa. Must be all that rock n roll thatr keeps you looking young.

i was thinking the same...congrats!!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 4, 2009 15:05

Cool BV,glad things worked out well.....looking forward to #61....keep up the great work..

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 6, 2009 12:28

[keeping the Welcome to the World incense lit for the newcomer
as well as the incense of well-being]

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: December 6, 2009 16:19

Congratulations Bjornulf, wishing you and your granddaughter all the strenght you and she needs.

But.........

Flying to Toronto in February ?
Any special meeting or conference ?

Or is this my Whisfull Thinking ??
Tell us more......

Greets, Richard from Holland.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 6, 2009 16:49

Congratulations Bjornulf!

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 6, 2009 17:49

For those of us who haven't seen a current copy of this magazine yet, can we get a listing of the Table of Contents? I seem to recall BV posting that there was going to be an article about the new YaYas release.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: December 7, 2009 19:13

My copy arrived today in the mail (in Switzerland). BV will get some nice discussions on the cover picture :-)

The magazine looks great as always...

Sjouke

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home