Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Ronnie arrested
Posted by: Jos ()
Date: December 5, 2009 15:43

Small venues with Dick Taylor, Mick Taylor and Bill, no Ronnie, that's what I like to see

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 5, 2009 15:46

How to keep Ron sober during the 2010 tour? Without a wife or a sober girlfriend with him, life on the road is going to be another challenge for Ron to stay away from alcohol. Will Ron be able to commit himself to sobriety and will the stones trust him? I hope there is a way but it's going to be difficult.
Get well Ronnie.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: December 5, 2009 15:49

Ronnie is beyond saving, dont bother

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: December 5, 2009 16:23

Jos
Ronnie is beyond saving, dont bother

That's harsh when you don't even know the man.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: December 5, 2009 16:39

Seems more realistic than some other postings here. He is an old alcoholic and Mr Hyde is getting worse with age. If Ronnie doesnt see the light than he doesnt.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2009 16:41

Scooby
There has been a general anti-Ronnie vibe on this site for several months.

During Keith's lost decade or more did Stones fans turn against him? During Charlie's brief problems in the mid-80's, did we take the moral high ground? Did Mick's philandering prompt cries of righteous indignation?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We didnt have the internet or discussion forums back then to debate it. If we had, I think you might have reasonably found a fair degree of criticism if an individual band member's habits were such a serious problem that their future ability to perform was affected and their life was put at risk. The affect on the band in general is actually greater now because, at this stage in their career, its unlikely they'd want to replace any band member who died and would probably just disband.

Mick's 'philandering' doesnt fall into the same category because it doesnt affect anyone but his own family - but since you ask, I do recall a sizeable degree of outrage at the time he tried to wriggle out of paying alimony to the mother of four of his children by trying to state that they were never legally married.

Date: December 5, 2009 16:43

swiss
1. We don't know if Ronnie struck eKaterina, pulled her hair, wrenched her collar, ripped her tights, dragged her on the street, threatened to burn her with a cigarette. We don't know.

2. There are 2 named witnesses, and allegedly (according to these articles) one unnamed witness who gave a quote about them arguing for 20 minutes and seeing the above-mentioned couple taking her into their apartment after 30 minutes of rowing. There are also allegedly other witnesses who called the cops. The waiter or bartender in the curry house says Woody was there prior to Katerina drinking vodka and he ate nothing at dinner. Perhaps they are all telling the truth. Or perhaps they are all lying. Or possibly the newspapers are taking a sensationalistic non-journalistic approach to this story. We don't know.

3. We do know this is the 3rd or 4th reported incident of public yelling screaming histrionics and drunken melodrama between the two of them.

4. We do know Ronnie over the past 10-15 years has been in and out of rehab. He gets sober, he gets well, he flucks up, he starts over again, and barrels toward self-destruction. (There but for the grace of god go I.) He himself has spoken of his drug, alcohol, shopping, and gambling addictions, as well as other behavioral focked-up-ed-nesses.

5. Many of us would agree that the above--(1) the substance/behavioral shit and (2) the tempestuous reckless unstable relationship--don't bode well for any person, over time, as repeating patterns, in terms of their physical or mental health, nor in terms of their reputation. Many rock stars act this way in their 20s. Some grow out of it. Some disappear down the failure rabbit hole. Some get their shit together. Some die or kill themselves.

6. Times have changed. The Rolling Stones broke all the rules before there were rules to break. The "rules" were made after the Stones broke them all. The music industry has clamped down on their investments behaving recklessly and expensively---like being thrown in jail or beating women or marrying children or turning blue in people's bathrooms or otherwise ODing or crashing cars and running away from the police or roadies gang banging passed out underage groupies.

7. It's not just the music industry. A lot of US who, at 20, thought it was cool that Keith was a junkie, probably romanticized the rock n roll lifestyle, have been around long enough to witness directly or simply reflect on what that kind of life really is like (See Also: Cauksocker Blues). Many of us find it take your pick: sad, startling, repellent, horrible, unfortunate, whatever that a talented 62-year-old man could ALSO be so lame, self-destructive, clueless, or unhinged as to endanger themselves and the rest of the Stones by behaving as he appears to be now.

So I'm not saying "Can't we all just get along." But I am saying: whatever the unknowns (and there are many of them), the "knowns" (and there are many of them) indicate a man who does appear to be in jeopardy. Personally, as well as potentially legally, and professionally.

I do hope he gets his shit together. Because it is sad and also no fun to keep hearing, reading, and seeing Ron Wood lose his shit in public.

ps - for those who say Ronnie's too nice to do x, y, or x -- he's gone on record saying alcohol makes him like Jekkyll and Hyde. And that he just cannot stop drinking. If that's so, that's not at all surprising, cuz it's identical to how alcohol affect most alcoholics.

Best post in this entire thread so far.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 5, 2009 17:12

The only thing that should interest us is what could be the possible consequenses of the whole story & how it can affect a possible new tour .

I can't go on no more with these kind of allegations:

"Wood is an alcoholic and, at the worst end of a boozing spiral, he can sink a couple of bottles of vodka, a bottle of Sambuca and pint after pint of Guinness in a day. "

I am may be naïve but I can't believe someone can drink that much without going directly to an emergency hospital.

"He had, he said, enjoyed more stimulating conversations with Katya in the past three months than with Jo in three decades. "

Stimulating conversations ? Err...sorry to say ,but I don't believe a word .May be Ronnie mixes up with something else.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

And yes,swiss ,you 've had definitely the most accurate post on the "subject" smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 5, 2009 18:08

Well said Swiss

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: December 5, 2009 18:47

An incident like this could have certainly been provoked or it could have also been self defense. Regardless, I smell more money, more money and more money out the window for Ronnie to get this cleaned up. He better get it together now if he gonna work in 2010...

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: December 5, 2009 19:19

Gazza
Scooby

During Keith's lost decade or more did Stones fans turn against him? During Charlie's brief problems in the mid-80's, did we take the moral high ground? Did Mick's philandering prompt cries of righteous indignation?

Mick's 'philandering' doesnt fall into the same category because it doesnt affect anyone but his own family - but since you ask, I do recall a sizeable degree of outrage at the time he tried to wriggle out of paying alimony to the mother of four of his children by trying to state that they were never legally married.

For the record, Mick did not argue that the lack of legal marriage meant he should not pay maintenance to Ms Hall. The facts are that she petitioned for divorce, he (or his lawyers) argued (correctly) that there was no marriage and that nullity proceedings were therefore the correct procedure. The principles for financial compensation are exactly the same given the length of the relationship and the birth of children. He was correct - there was no legal marriage (as you might think she as well as he must have known!). It didn't affect the financial proceedings.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 5, 2009 19:32

Well, one thing we do know

DUMPED

Date: December 5, 2009 19:34

What a difference a day makes

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 5, 2009 20:08

Green Lady

Seems as if it´s a " small man big mouth " attitude you´re refelecting here.

way, way, way OT, but how the h*ll is "bimbo" racist? I don't see it[/quote]

I've never thought it was racist - but it is an insulting and demeaning way to describe any woman.[/quote]

Not ANY woman. Just bimbos.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 5, 2009 20:25

Brue

Is that a recent pic? Also, Why do say she is dumped? Please provide sources.

Many Thanks.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: December 5, 2009 20:43

He has never been and he will never be a Rolling Stone, he will always remain a Face and he belongs to Rod Stewart.

Date: December 5, 2009 20:52

Lady Jayne
Gazza
Scooby

For the record, Mick did not argue that the lack of legal marriage meant he should not pay maintenance to Ms Hall. The facts are that she petitioned for divorce, he (or his lawyers) argued (correctly) that there was no marriage and that nullity proceedings were therefore the correct procedure. The principles for financial compensation are exactly the same given the length of the relationship and the birth of children. He was correct - there was no legal marriage (as you might think she as well as he must have known!). It didn't affect the financial proceedings.

Still doesnt alter the fact that his 'side' - acting on his behalf - tried to use a technicality to wriggle out of paying up. A pretty shabby thing to do regardless of what spin is put on it.

I actually remember just after their 'marriage' that the priest who performed the ceremony was quoted as saying he didnt consider it bonafide - and recall commenting at the time that some day Jagger would use that quote to try and avoid alimony payments!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-05 20:52 by Gazza.

Date: December 5, 2009 20:54

Chris Fountain
Brue

Is that a recent pic? Also, Why do say she is dumped? Please provide sources.

Many Thanks.

No problem. It's a tabloid, but isn't the whole thing that way?

The Sun

Date: December 5, 2009 20:55

Brue

DUMPED

Wouldnt bet on it. The fact she didnt press charges speaks volumes - not a reflection on the lack of seriousness about the incident, but more a reflection on the fact that she knows an end to the relationship means no more meal ticket.

Date: December 5, 2009 21:13

Gazza
Brue

DUMPED

Wouldnt bet on it. The fact she didnt press charges speaks volumes - not a reflection on the lack of seriousness about the incident, but more a reflection on the fact that she knows an end to the relationship means no more meal ticket.

Too bad she didn't think about that beforehand. This is why you don't shit where you eat.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 5, 2009 21:49

shortfatfanny-

i will send you a dictionary for XMAS so you can look up the word "bimbo". your equating the use of the word "bimbo" and "racist" is ridiculous.

the definiton of "bimbo" is " a woman regarded as sexy but lacking intelligence and intersted in her own sex appeal".

how you could imply or infer racism demonstrates your lack of education. are you related to sarah palin by any chance?

she is 20 and he is 62. a 42 year age difference. he is famous and is a rolling stone with a drinking problem going thru a mid life crisis. if he were ron wood, the postal carrier, she wouldn't be interested in him.

speculate all you want as to what happened, because no one on this message board was there and knows the facts. period.

i hope woody kicks the little gold digger to the curb and moves on.

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: December 5, 2009 21:57

The only thing that should interest us is what could be the possible consequenses of the whole story & how it can affect a possible new tour .

While I realize your speaking of the possible consequences of the whole story could imply a concern for Ronnie's health and well-being, the way you tie it's importance into the Stones tour plans I think is a rather selfish statement to make and attitude to have, and it seems to be how many on here feel. Your interests and desires for another tour are not important here. Ronnie obviously has problems that he can't keep under control like his bandmates have been able to. If you care about the Stones so much, which should mean you care about Ronnie, your only interest should be his health and well-being, not whether or how this situation will affect whether or not you get to see the Stones play live again. What is important is that a man who clearly needs help in his life gets it, so he, his girlfriend, and everyone else close to him don't end up in a situation worse than the one they are already in.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 5, 2009 21:58

Midnight Toker quoted:

she is 20 and he is 62. a 42 year age difference. he is famous and is a rolling stone with a drinking problem going thru a mid life crisis. if he were ron wood, the postal carrier, she wouldn't be interested in him.

Nice post. I agree with one exception - the age of 62 is not midlife. At that age one can buy senior discount movie tickets and receive Coffee for ten cents at McDonalds.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: December 5, 2009 22:12

Chris Fountain
Midnight Toker quoted:

Nice post. I agree with one exception - the age of 62 is not midlife. At that age one can buy senior discount movie tickets and receive Coffee for ten cents at McDonalds.

Don't you know 60 is the new 40;-) In regards to Ron Wood the Postie comment of course she wouldn't be interested in him. She needs to go get herself a job, her own roof over her head and get some self respect and stop hanging around with vulnerable old rockers.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: December 5, 2009 22:54

swiss
1. We don't know if Ronnie struck eKaterina, pulled her hair, wrenched her collar, ripped her tights, dragged her on the street, threatened to burn her with a cigarette. We don't know.

2. There are 2 named witnesses, and allegedly (according to these articles) one unnamed witness who gave a quote about them arguing for 20 minutes and seeing the above-mentioned couple taking her into their apartment after 30 minutes of rowing. There are also allegedly other witnesses who called the cops. The waiter or bartender in the curry house says Woody was there prior to Katerina drinking vodka and he ate nothing at dinner. Perhaps they are all telling the truth. Or perhaps they are all lying. Or possibly the newspapers are taking a sensationalistic non-journalistic approach to this story. We don't know.

3. We do know this is the 3rd or 4th reported incident of public yelling screaming histrionics and drunken melodrama between the two of them.

4. We do know Ronnie over the past 10-15 years has been in and out of rehab. He gets sober, he gets well, he flucks up, he starts over again, and barrels toward self-destruction. (There but for the grace of god go I.) He himself has spoken of his drug, alcohol, shopping, and gambling addictions, as well as other behavioral focked-up-ed-nesses.

5. Many of us would agree that the above--(1) the substance/behavioral shit and (2) the tempestuous reckless unstable relationship--don't bode well for any person, over time, as repeating patterns, in terms of their physical or mental health, nor in terms of their reputation. Many rock stars act this way in their 20s. Some grow out of it. Some disappear down the failure rabbit hole. Some get their shit together. Some die or kill themselves.

6. Times have changed. The Rolling Stones broke all the rules before there were rules to break. The "rules" were made after the Stones broke them all. The music industry has clamped down on their investments behaving recklessly and expensively---like being thrown in jail or beating women or marrying children or turning blue in people's bathrooms or otherwise ODing or crashing cars and running away from the police or roadies gang banging passed out underage groupies.

7. It's not just the music industry. A lot of US who, at 20, thought it was cool that Keith was a junkie, probably romanticized the rock n roll lifestyle, have been around long enough to witness directly or simply reflect on what that kind of life really is like (See Also: Cauksocker Blues). Many of us find it take your pick: sad, startling, repellent, horrible, unfortunate, whatever that a talented 62-year-old man could ALSO be so lame, self-destructive, clueless, or unhinged as to endanger themselves and the rest of the Stones by behaving as he appears to be now.

So I'm not saying "Can't we all just get along." But I am saying: whatever the unknowns (and there are many of them), the "knowns" (and there are many of them) indicate a man who does appear to be in jeopardy. Personally, as well as potentially legally, and professionally.

I do hope he gets his shit together. Because it is sad and also no fun to keep hearing, reading, and seeing Ron Wood lose his shit in public.

ps - for those who say Ronnie's too nice to do x, y, or x -- he's gone on record saying alcohol makes him like Jekkyll and Hyde. And that he just cannot stop drinking. If that's so, that's not at all surprising, cuz it's identical to how alcohol affect most alcoholics.

Very good post Swiss. My favorite Stones era is the Mick Taylor lineup, but it's disturbing to see how Ronnie is getting lynched here. I did state in my last post that Ronnie has probably become too much of a liablity for insurance issues, but he should never be bashed on here the way he has without hearing his side of the story, or without giving him his day in court. I expect this kind of shit from Nancy Grace, but not Stones fans.

Also, I'm getting pissed at how some some-called fans still refuse to give Ronnie credit for anything. Yes, as a Stone, he plays Keith's little brother, but he is hardly untalented. I'll take Love You Live, Some Girls, Tattoo You, Undercover, Steel Wheels, and A Bigger Bang over 90% of the Jones stuff any day. As a guitar player myself, I'll be the first to say that neither Brian or Mick T were/are nearly as versitle a player as Ronnie. His playing on the Steel Wheels/Ubran Jungle tours (esp. on YCAGWYW) featured some of the most tasetful lead I've ever heard.

You're also right on with points 6/7. This is not the 1960s and 1970s. Turning blue in someone's john or getting thrown jail is no longer about sticking it to the man; today, so many people are dependent on the Stones that if something like this happens, it affects thousands of people who the Stones employ. And while Keith certainly enjoys the outlaw myth he has created, he probably doesn't enjoy the pain that formed it. Given how much Keith loves his kids, he's probably guilt-ridden to this day about Tara.

Date: December 5, 2009 23:07

It is starting to hit the media waves here...

MOSCOW (Reuters) – The grandmother of a Russian cocktail waitress who is dating Rolling Stone guitarist Ronnie Wood has told him to leave her granddaughter alone after he was arrested on suspicion of assault.

Liudmila Ivanova, 76, scolded Wood in a video posted on Russian news site life.ru, clutching two photos of her granddaughter Ekaterina.

"That Ronnie -- what a nightmare!," she said, threatening to "get even" with him if he hurt Ekaterina.

"She is climbing her way to hell," Liudmila said.

The 62-year-old rocker was arrested in Surrey in southern England on suspected assault in a "domestic" incident, British police said on Wednesday.

Wood divorced his wife of 24 years, Jo, last month on the grounds of his admitted adultery. His relationship with Ivanova, 21, has kept British tabloids enthralled.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091205/music_nm/us_russia_ronniewood

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 5, 2009 23:11

shortfatfanny
Thank you studiorambo,that´s answering my first post concerning this term.
Obviously it got different meanings in different countries ( although I´m not sure about the percentage you´re giving,anyway....it helps).

Hey Shortfatfanny !

In France ,the word "bimbo " is used to point out a woman from the American series ,that is to say a very good looking chick with blond hair ,long legs ,a lot of make up and fake breasts.Obviously ,you can't call her Einstein .

Although Edie (from DHW ) was my fave.And I am pretty sure Nicolette Sheridan isn't stupid.

"Woman who is not attractive enough to be a model, not intelligent enough to be an actress, and not nice enough to be a poisonous snake."
Urban Dictionary .lol !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 5, 2009 23:14

There's clearly a conspiracy here....against Sir Ron.Seems to be lead by that Looney Fan since 1964 ,lets find him and smoke him out.

Date: December 6, 2009 01:26

I think it's unlikely the Stones will want to fire Ronnie. I'm sure it's not as simple as a phone call from Michael Cohl 'Hi Ronnie, sorry, but you're fired' there will be legal implications involved and if Ronnie has got a half decent lawyer/manager it could cost them a lot of money. There is no doubt that Mick will not be amused by Ronnie's current behaviour and I doubt that Keith is over the moon about it either. I guess the order 'get him into rehab' will be issued before the proposed tour is finalised. It appears the 'silly little Russian girl' isn't pressing charges so I doubt whether this latest indiscretion will end up in court and will be largely forgotten about before any tour will start, however, if Ronnie doesn't smarten up his act and ditch her soon then I fear even Mick's patience will be sorely tested. It's obvious via the rumours that a tour/album is being planned and will no doubt be billed as 'The 50th Anniversary Tour' I'm sure Mick/Keith want to do this, not chiefly for financial reasons (O.K. they're not going to turn the cash down) but more of a we are the only band to have done this for 50 years which, after all, is some achievment. I do fear that Ronnie's current state could jeopardise these plans, although he isn't an original member, he is now seen as a Rolling Stone rather than a hired hand. Maybe they would shelve plans for a full tour and do some selected shows around the World in a couple of years time to mark the 50th. I hope not. As regards a replacement - I don't know. Jimmy Rip...Mick likes him, does Keith? Waddy Watchel.... Keith likes him, does Mick? Mick Taylor...is he healthy enough? I believe Clapton/Beck are too much artists in there own right to be considered even if they wanted to do it, which I doubt. I'm sure Slash would do it and be pretty cool but I think he might be little 'over the top' for both Mick and Keith. What about Jack White?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 6, 2009 01:52

Midnight Toker
shortfatfanny-

i will send you a dictionary for XMAS so you can look up the word "bimbo". your equating the use of the word "bimbo" and "racist" is ridiculous.

the definiton of "bimbo" is " a woman regarded as sexy but lacking intelligence and intersted in her own sex appeal".

how you could imply or infer racism demonstrates your lack of education. are you related to sarah palin by any chance?

speculate all you want as to what happened, because no one on this message board was there and knows the facts. period.

i hope woody kicks the little gold digger to the curb and moves on.

Yes, maybe probably I am Sarah Palin or not.
No,I don´t need a dictionary from you.
Yes,I am well educated.
No,I don´t think Ronnie´s gonna be 124 ( unfortunately ).
Yes,studiorambo already explained the meaning of the term couple of hours ago thankfully...you´re too late.
No,I don´t think you´ve read the posts concerning this carefully enough.
Yes,again,the term obviously got different meanings in different countries.

Got it ?

...and thanks for explanation,Sway !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home