Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What download sites have the remasters?
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: December 2, 2009 21:41

Since some of my cd's are damaged/scratched I am thinking of getting the remasters. But also I have though of going with a Zune (prefer it over IPod) and would like to put all my cd's on a device like that. Are the new remastered albums only available on itunes? I think that is for Ipod only right? Or will that work on a Zune? If I have to I will just buy the cd's again but it would be quicker to download than to rip them and put on the divice. Any helpful info?

Re: What download sites have the remasters?
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 2, 2009 21:43

Can't tell ya here but if you email me I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 2, 2009 21:45

songs from iTunes Music Store will work just fine on Zune.
I think they are on Amazon, too: [www.amazon.com]

smiling smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 2, 2009 22:33

ask google, cd name and rapidshare or torrent

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 2, 2009 23:35

Aren't these downloadable itunes songs all Mp3s and thus sonically inferior to the actual CD versions?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 3, 2009 02:54

Lorenz
ask google, cd name and rapidshare or torrent

but how would he know he was getting the remasters? A lot of what gets circulated on the 'net is old.

Duane
Aren't these downloadable itunes songs all Mp3s and thus sonically inferior to the actual CD versions?

yeah, I wouldn't see the point of getting mp3s, either.

Date: December 3, 2009 03:29

Thanks for the info. I may just go with buying the set and ripping those to add to the Zune. Can't wait to go through all my bootlegs also to add some great shows to listen to without having to dig through all my cd's!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 3, 2009 03:51

They're available in streaming format on spotify.

Date: December 3, 2009 06:08

Thanks again for all the info. My goal is to get all the albums on a media player (probably Zune) and to replace all the cd's I lost due to transfering them from the home to the car over the years...scratches and such. I just hope the Zune has enough storage to get all the official releases on it and as many boots as possible too.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: December 3, 2009 07:11

You'll certainly fit all the official releases on a Zune HD with the highest mp3 or aac encoding settings. A lossless encoding is another matter.

Date: December 3, 2009 09:09

<They're available in streaming format on spotify.>

With Ogg Vorbis sound format. A tad better than mp3s.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 3, 2009 10:45

just recently read again that with current technology available, high-bit rate mp3s cannot distinguished from CDs. Definitely not on your everyday car radio or home stereo anyway...and then there is still FLAC files and as Dandelion said, the open ogg vorbis format that sounds great with high bit rates...

cc, there are websites you can "trust" and when they offer the remastered editions, you are really getting the remastered versions.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 4, 2009 01:57

"high-bit rate mp3s cannot distinguished from CDs"

of course : it's the same sonic crap smoking smiley

Date: December 4, 2009 02:26

Well I just bought the 32 HD Zune today. Should have no problem getting all the albums on there!!Think I'm going to go through my collection and only replace the ones that may be lost or messed up/scratched.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 4, 2009 15:39

Gazza
They're available in streaming format on spotify.

Yep ......I'm loving the whole Stones catalogue on Spotify, including both US and UK versions of the early albums.

Been listening to the Faces also on Spotify recently....great service is Spotify smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2225
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home