Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Back to Chicago in SPRING?
Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: October 13, 2006 04:50

Just got back home to Cleveland from the freezing cold Chicgo show. My first front row show, to bad it was so cold and the boys didn't come to my side of the stage often. Still, its never bad to be at a stones show and being that close is WOW! Its a whole different concert in the front row. PLUS the first showing of She Was Hot... incredible

but this is not a show review

between acts I was chatting with the security guy and he told me he just heard that the Stones are coming back to Chicago yet again in the spring. Can this be true, will there be another American leg in the spring? He seemed pretty sure about it. It would be great... I will go to every show I can and perhaps a spring tour will bring them to Cleveland for the first time on the ABB tour.

Anyone hear anything about spring?

Re: Back to Chicago in SPRING?
Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: October 13, 2006 05:06

I would be flipping dumbfounded if they any NA shows next year! Europe will get their Ya Ya's!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 13, 2006 05:06

yeah, I heard tix will run up to $750 and the setlist will consist of 12 songs, one of which will be from ABB. also, Keith will only play guitar during the warhorses....

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 13, 2006 05:09

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah, I heard tix will run up to $750 and the
> setlist will consist of 12 songs, one of which
> will be from ABB. also, Keith will only play
> guitar during the warhorses....

I heard tickets would be just submitting your bank info and they take as much as they please.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 13, 2006 05:19

would certainly simplify the process.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 13, 2006 06:00

no way - it would have to be a theater show to get people's attention. that's what i thought they'd do this fall since there wouldn't be enough interest...

Date: October 13, 2006 06:00

Stones security or Soldier Field security?

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 13, 2006 06:55

... the only meaningful information that would interest me from any security person is where the safe is located..............

Date: October 13, 2006 16:03

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> Stones security or Soldier Field security?

He was Local security (cop) and told me he only worked Stones shows because he was a fan and it got him in front of the stage. He was not Soldier Field Security, he was a cop contracted to stand between the stage and the crowd. He said he has worked the same spot for every Stones show for the last 2 tours and they told him he was going to be needed in the spring... he also mentioned that the show would be in the United Center.

I know that next summer is Europe, is there anything in the spring? If not then it is possible.

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 13, 2006 16:08

I find that hard to believe. The papers in Chicago have been writing articles about the Stones wearing out their welcome there and returning to a city, where you just played to 40% capacity, for a fifth time in 18 months doesn't make much business sense.

Hope springs eternal however.

Posted by: PedroThePimp ()
Date: October 13, 2006 16:16

Let me add some fuel to the FIRE!!!!!!

Anyone here listen to the Alice Cooper radio show?

I did not hear it first hand but a friend of mine that has attended several Stones shows with me told me that he heard Alice (during his radio show) say that he would be opening for the Stones in St Louis at the new Bush Stadium that is scheduled to open in the Spring

I have hesitated to say this ...cause I have no proof and I did not hear it first hand

So blast me if ya want!!!!!

"Im as hard as a brick I hope I never go limp"

Date: October 13, 2006 16:30

R Wrote:
> I find that hard to believe. The papers in Chicago
> have been writing articles about the Stones
> wearing out their welcome there and returning to a
> city, where you just played to 40% capacity, for a
> fifth time in 18 months doesn't make much business
> sense.
>
> Hope springs eternal however.

True enough BUT 40% of Soldier Field is a sell out in the United Center

the problem was not the city or show, the problem was the venue (god it was cold)

Date: October 13, 2006 16:43

Soldier Field only sold 40%

Is that true?

Posted by: Monty5 ()
Date: October 13, 2006 17:01

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> Stones security or Soldier Field security?

No Security

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: October 13, 2006 17:18

Well, the new Busch Stadium in St. Louis opened last spring, so I'm not sure what Alice is talking about. They did sell out St. Louis, and the crowd was very enthusiastic; I'd love for them to come back here!

Date: October 13, 2006 17:30

WOW..its already opened..LOL

that ends that rumor!!!!!!

And yes St Louis Jan 27th 2006 might just be my all time favorite Stones show

It was rocking from start to finish.

Date: October 13, 2006 18:13

PedroThePimp Wrote:
> WOW..its already opened..LOL
>
> that ends that rumor!!!!!!

OR DOES IT
you admited to not getting this info first hand SO its possible that Alice stated he was doing a gig at the venue with the Stones in the spring and the opening part was a miscommunication.

OR maybe he ment when the stadium re-opens again in the spring (after shutting down for the winter... after the Cards are done with the baseball post-season)

most baseball stadiums don't get a lot of winter use

hey, I am not counting on a spring tour... as a matter of fact I could use the break to save my money since this tour has cost my several thousand over the last 14 months

I am just reporting what I heard and it does not sound unreasonable that the stones would fill in the spring months with gigs before they do the big europe leg.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 13, 2006 22:21

I would think they would want to take a break for the spring to gear up for Europe in the summer.

I guess it depends on how long the European tour is, if they tour from June to September, I would think a srping break is in order.

But if Europe doesn't happen until say, July, it's possible they could do a few "warmup" dates in the U.S. before heading east.

Who knows...we shall see

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-13 22:25 by lettingitbleed.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 13, 2006 22:24

If theyre playing stadiums, they wont leave Europe to as late as July. Makes no sense as some of the stadiums are in use again as early as August. The sooner they start Europe after the end of the football season (ie late May onwards) the better

Date: October 13, 2006 23:35

Gazza Wrote:
> If theyre playing stadiums, they wont leave Europe
> to as late as July. Makes no sense as some of the
> stadiums are in use again as early as August. The
> sooner they start Europe after the end of the
> football season (ie late May onwards) the better

I agree that the Europe leg will probably start in May. There are 5 months to fill from last scheduled gig to estamated start of the Europe leg... while I agree that they deserve and NEED a break I still think it is possible that they do 6 weeks or 2 months in the USA before the Europe leg.

A half a year break would sort of kill the momentum, so I believe there will be some gigs somewhere before the summer Europe tour.

Date: October 14, 2006 00:24

RadioMarv Wrote:
> I agree that the Europe leg will probably start in
> May. There are 5 months to fill from last
> scheduled gig to estamated start of the Europe
> leg... while I agree that they deserve and NEED a
> break I still think it is possible that they do 6
> weeks or 2 months in the USA before the Europe
> leg.
>
> A half a year break would sort of kill the
> momentum, so I believe there will be some gigs
> somewhere before the summer Europe tour.

I certainly wouldnt rule out a small number of US gigs, but - a full sized tour? No way. There isnt the market to do so so soon after the current leg.

You cant seriously expect them to end up playing what will be a HUNDRED shows in North America on this tour. Nor should they.

If they tour in the spring, it would be more likely to be a shorter trip to Asia and/or South America - two other regions which have been under 'represented' so far

I doubt the band or anyone involved is too bothered about "killing momentum". 3 or 4 months off (or even 6 months off) is hardly a big break. By the end of November, they'll have played about 120 shows on this current tour and Keith's current fragility is absolutely screaming out for them to take an extended break.

The absolute last thing these guys need is to be expected to spend five or 6 of the first 8 months of NEXT year on the road as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-14 00:25 by Gazza.

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: October 14, 2006 01:33

No way this is not happening, anyone paying attention at the Lack Of ticket sales...the stones are more likely going to Europe for the summer. We should not expect the stones in the USA, for a while, at least 1 too 2 years.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 14, 2006 01:36

They could do a few arena shows in the USA in March like during NO SECURITY!

Date: October 14, 2006 02:14

uh..yeah but when they did THAT tour it was their first US shows in almost a year...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 14, 2006 02:39

There's so few markets in the US not played on this tour that would seem to make sense for them to. Sacramento, Kansas City, Tulsa/Norman/Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Birmingham, Cleveland, Cincinati, Buffalo and Nashville are the ones that come to mind that that would seem to be in any way viable. We're seeing that the return markets on this current leg seem to be pretty tapped out, so it's hard to picture them returning to those so soon.

I'm still wondering about Bjornulfs cryptic message of a few weeks back that said it would soon become clear that this these are the final North American shows, as least as far as world tours go. As an upbeat guy, I don't picture that he meant that it would be obvious based on ticket sales.

Date: October 14, 2006 19:47

Halup Wrote:
> There's so few markets in the US not played on
> this tour that would seem to make sense for them
> to. Sacramento, Kansas City, Tulsa/Norman/Oklahoma
> City, New Orleans, Birmingham, Cleveland,
> Cincinati, Buffalo and Nashville are the ones that
> come to mind that that would seem to be in any way
> viable.
>
> I'm still wondering about Bjornulfs cryptic
> message of a few weeks back that said it would
> soon become clear that this these are the final
> North American shows, as least as far as world
> tours go.

These are all, IMO, even more evidence of a possible quick run thru the states in the spring. There are STILL markets that would be getting them for the 1st time on this tour AND if it is to become more clear that these are the last NA shows on a world tour then they MIGHT want to fill in the gaps in the tour with a few shows. Cleveland, Cinn, NO, Indiana and others have yet to see them on this tour and places like Columbus and Pittsburg have only had one show over a year ago.

there are plenty of great spots for more shows. I DO AGREE that these stadiums are just to much for a return city (god was it cold in Chicago)

keep the shows in smaller places in the big RETURN towns. I would say the Stones could sell 20K seats EVERY time they show up in Chicago... but 50 or 60k seats on you 4th time thru is asking a lot.

a small NA arena tour in the spring, I think is very possible

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:48

Anyone know how long it takes them to ship the stages to Europe ??.

Or are you thinking they will use the Superbowl stage for the warm up concerts.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 15, 2006 02:06

THis band needs to rest up and get fresh for the Euro gigs. Keith appears to need some down time to get his strength back. The scope of the current tour has been amazing in the amount of gigs they done and where they have played. They have to be tired with all of the travel.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 15, 2006 02:14

Gazza, my dear, I said they COULD, I seriously doubt they WILL, unless Sir Mick announces formally that he's engaged and then us Americans will be paying for his reception!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 15, 2006 02:34

Debra Wrote:
> Gazza, my dear, I said they COULD, I seriously
> doubt they WILL, unless Sir Mick announces
> formally that he's engaged and then us Americans
> will be paying for his reception!

but as jerry said, he's not the marrying type - let's keep our fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home